There are no "normal" people in this scene

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Yeah, I completely agree on this one. Communities may not be the same, but getting together and developing something huge has always stayed the same and I personally enjoy it.

I don't mean it quite literally, generally speaking it's just the truth. Retros have nothing "fun" to do, If you have something more important going on.
I mean I work and have a social life, I would login more for the people rather than the game itself, I don’t create rooms or participate in events. It’s just nice to catch up with old friends sometimes.

Kristo

Website & Software Developer
Feb 5, 2015
I mean I work and have a social life, I would login more for the people rather than the game itself, I don’t create rooms or participate in events. It’s just nice to catch up with old friends sometimes.
Using it like a social network. Exactly how I use habbo if I ever use it alongside the development aspect of course :)

Occult

Oct 14, 2011
I don't subscribe to the notion that enjoying habbo and similar games categorically means one has 'issues'. But that's not to say that it's clear to see why people with 'issues' tend to find their way to these games - it's a social outlet for them.

If anything, using habbo for the social aspect of the game is more indicative of 'issues' than enjoying the game itself.

Kristo

Feb 5, 2015
I don't subscribe to the notion that enjoying habbo and similar games categorically means one has 'issues'. But that's not to say that it's clear to see why people with 'issues' tend to find their way to these games - it's a social outlet for them.

If anything, using habbo for the social aspect of the game is more indicative of 'issues' than enjoying the game itself.

It’s basically a social network and therefore surely the social aspect is good as long as it’s not for long periods of time.

Occult

Oct 14, 2011
It’s basically a social network and therefore surely the social aspect is good as long as it’s not for long periods of time.
I'm not saying it's bad to use the social aspect of the game.

I'm saying that if you're using the game for social reasons, IE. resorting to virtual social connections as a substitute for real social connections, it's indicative of 'issues'.
But if you have 'issues', then it definitely can be great to satiate your social needs in a way that's comfortable and stress-free.

Kristo

Feb 5, 2015
I'm not saying it's bad to use the social aspect of the game.

I'm saying that if you're using the game for social reasons, IE. resorting to virtual social connections as a substitute for real social connections, it's indicative of 'issues'.
But if you have 'issues', then it surely can be great to satiate your social needs in a way that's comfortable and stress-free.

Ahh okay yes I understand now. Sorry I was getting confused with how you worded that to begin with. I completely agree with you on that front. I guess it all depends on the individual and how they use habbo (and how often).

Hashh

adam
Apr 17, 2015
This is so untrue, I am completely normal I go to school and have allot of normal friends we go out drinking on the weekend etc. I was brought up in a very normal family, my brother is extremely popular throughout high school and plays professional football and has lots of friends just because I like a game and a forum doesn’t mean I am not normal all of a sudden! But I have stopped playing retro’s now because there extremely shit but I don’t have social anxiety at all in fact if you knew me irl I have a very big personality

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
we go out drinking on the weekend etc.
Didn't you say you were 14?
my brother is extremely popular throughout high school and plays professional football and has lots of friends just because I like a game and a forum doesn’t mean I am not normal all of a sudden!
We're talking about you!

Completely disagree with the OP though.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I would actually have to agree with this for the most part. Whether it’s ego issues, mental illnesses, anxiety, or just holding onto the past most people in this scene are far from normal.

It’s not a bad thing as our definition of normal is actually just looking very blindly at peoples lives and seeing their successes ignoring everything else. By that I mean a lot of people in the scene have good jobs in their early twenties already, some have made businesses and others used their skills from Habbo to move towards a CS degree.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
yes i am 14 and i drink? i only brought up my brother because hes been a role model for me.
So at the age of 14 you developed alcohol dependency issues/possible (if not leading to) drug issues/issues with authority/laws and consider your brother who actually excels in social environments a role model instead of following suite with him? Lit.

Hashh

adam
Apr 17, 2015
So at the age of 14 you developed alcohol dependency issues/possible (if not leading to) drug issues/issues with authority/laws and consider your brother who actually excels in social environments a role model instead of following suite with him? Lit.
Wtf? your an actual nerd jesus

Hashh

adam
Apr 17, 2015
Rather be a "nerd" then tell people how exciting my brother is and I have to drink alcohol to seem as fun as him :(Kappa
That’s not what I meant to say at all, My brother doesn’t to drinking and shit that’s my business but he’s influenced me and helped me become very social with people, And I didn’t getting into the wrong crowds my friend group in school are very hard working and out Of school we enjoy ourselves a little bit. But you don’t have a social life you just rant on devbest I would never try to be like my brother if you actually read what I said he Plays football so he can’t drink and I don’t want to play football we are the complete opposite people but he helped me with my social life that’s what I was tryna say??! Honestly you take things so wrong don’t reply to me ur irrelevant

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
That’s not what I meant to say at all, My brother doesn’t to drinking and shit that’s my business but he’s influenced me and helped me become very social with people, And I didn’t getting into the wrong crowds my friend group in school are very hard working and out Of school we enjoy ourselves a little bit. But you don’t have a social life you just rant on devbest I would never try to be like my brother if you actually read what I said he Plays football so he can’t drink and I don’t want to play football we are the complete opposite people but he helped me with my social life that’s what I was tryna say??! Honestly you take things so wrong don’t reply to me ur irrelevant
You’re kind of defining the OP.

rfrfrfrf

May 18, 2019
@Wess The fact you made this post shows you still are obsessed with habbo and the fact you're staff on a forum like this shows even more.

Whose the real outcast?

Kylie

Princess
Dec 9, 2012
Habbo has never really had normal people ever. The community is diverse, majority of them are kids, early to mid teens and some over 18+. Regardless of that, many years I have seen different age groups always and constantly causing beef and drama just for online “popularity” and “habbo hackers” who threat to DDoS etc, baring in mind this still happens in 2019! I am thankfully glad that I quit Habbo, I have had a fun childhood with it however there have been times where I have felt depressed years ago due to online bullying and myself being doxed, DDoSed and exposed. It is just full of people who think they are hard online and have nothing else better to do with their lives.

rfrfrfrf

May 18, 2019
Habbo has never really had normal people ever. The community is diverse, majority of them are kids, early to mid teens and some over 18+. Regardless of that, many years I have seen different age groups always and constantly causing beef and drama just for online “popularity” and “habbo hackers” who threat to DDoS etc, baring in mind this still happens in 2019! I am thankfully glad that I quit Habbo, I have had a fun childhood with it however there have been times where I have felt depressed years ago due to online bullying and myself being doxed, DDoSed and exposed. It is just full of people who think they are hard online and have nothing else better to do with their lives.

Look at ur picture, ur the def of not normal. ur face looks like a plastic surgery gone wrong and im really not joking

Users who are viewing this thread