There are no "normal" people in this scene

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
So this is probably going to piss some people off and most won't agree, and neither am I trolling. What I'm about to say applies to both Habbo and the retro scene.

I strongly believe there are no normal people in the whole scene. If you actively play Habbo or a retro, I believe there's something wrong with you. I'm not talking about just big issues, but atleast something small like social anxiety.

Since I started paying Habbo and even now when I get dragged into retro shit, I'm always amazed by the amount of sick individuals or groups who just fuck people up, even up to the point where people just DDoS others because of a freakin' game. I always see shit like that. About 5 minutes ago once again I got into a retro related Discord channel, and I see people sharing IPs and talking high and mighty about DDoSing people or hotels.

Honestly, get your shit straight and find something productive to do.

Thomasss

May 13, 2017
Most of us have been in this game for along time, I've been in it since I was a kid playing habbo.co.uk and habbo.com.
It's a little addiction but I do understand where you are coming from. :)
It's arseholes spoiling it for others like you said giving IPS out and DDOS'ing people, just to take a game down..
Proves the distance some people will go just for shits and giggles.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Most of us have been in this game for along time, I've been in it since I was a kid playing habbo.co.uk and habbo.com.
It's a little addiction but I do understand where you are coming from. :)
It's arseholes spoiling it for others like you said giving IPS out and DDOS'ing people, just to take a game down..
Proves the distance some people will go just for shits and giggles.
The fact you've become addicted to a virtual playground does show underlying reasons you even got addicted > you probably have a problem too.

Thomasss

May 13, 2017
I own a hotel and I work, doesn't mean I have a problem lol.

I was a addicted as a child through my teen years.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I own a hotel and I work, doesn't mean I have a problem lol.

I was a addicted as a child through my teen years.
The fact that you're wasting money on ripping of a dying game says your addiction isn't over yet. Lot's of people who play Habbo have jobs, that doesn't describe your mental or social stability.

Thomasss

May 13, 2017
So you've never spent money on a dying game? You most probably have..
Yeah I'm just physically retarded in the brain so not to worry.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Some of you seem to miss the point. I'm not just talking about sick people who do illegal stuff, that was just an extreme example of some of the mentally unstable people Habbo and retro's hold.

I'm talking generally. You don't start playing Habbo and stay on playing it if you're a normal human being. You either have no real social life (maybe due to social anxiety), you're hiding your "real self" day to day and Habbo is a place to take of your mask, or the opposite, put one on - or maybe you're depressed. It could be anything.

Haid

Dec 20, 2011
True in the majority of cases I'd assume. Just out of interest would you include yourself in that? With that said there are many many worse things people could be doing with their life.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
True in the majority of cases I'd assume. Just out of interest would you include yourself in that? With that said there are many many worse things people could be doing with their life.
Yes ->
Even more reasons. Especially when I was younger. The more sane and older I got, I came to this conclusion, regretted a lot of what I did, and stayed the hell away from it.

Haid

Dec 20, 2011
Yes ->
Even more reasons. Especially when I was younger. The more sane and older I got, I came to this conclusion, regretted a lot of what I did, and stayed the hell away from it.
Interesting read!
I'm always amazed by the amount of sick individuals or groups who just fuck people up
I think this is most relatable. For whatever reason people are on habbo I am still shocked by how people spend their evenings stealing files, DDoS'ing each other and trying to trash stuff.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
You don't start playing Habbo and stay on playing it if you're a normal human being. You either have no real social life (maybe due to social anxiety), you're hiding your "real self" day to day and Habbo is a place to take of your mask, or the opposite, put one on - or maybe you're depressed. It could be anything.
I kind of agree with the OP but there's some things you're saying that are a bit extreme. Growing up I used to play out with friends and actually do things with my life, people these days aren't playing out or actually going into the real world because it's easier to buy your kid an iPad or something to keep them occupied where you know they're safe and having some sort of entertainment.

I don't think just because you login to Habbo there's instantly something wrong with you, look around you, everybody is using these new apps and games on their phones, tablets and computers. You could literally say it about anything.

I think I still login to see friends I've known for a very long time, probably nothing much else. I don't play games or make rooms.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I kind of agree with the OP but there's some things you're saying that are a bit extreme. Growing up I used to play out with friends and actually do things with my life, people these days aren't playing out or actually going into the real world because it's easier to buy your kid an iPad or something to keep them occupied where you know they're safe and having some sort of entertainment.

I don't think just because you login to Habbo there's instantly something wrong with you, look around you, everybody is using these new apps and games on their phones, tablets and computers. You could literally say it about anything.

I think I still login to see friends I've known for a very long time, probably nothing much else. I don't play games or make rooms.
There's a huge difference between people who log on now and then and active players. I should also add that it's not really that negative, as Habbo itself did help me with some of my problems and made me realise stuff that made me who I am today.

Besides that, like I said, there could be anything wrong.

EDIT: Habbo in it's core is a second life. Remember that.

Last edited:

Wickd

The first member of the Knights of the Pink Table
Jan 15, 2013
Habbo is just a big chat box on the internet.There are good and bad people on it, just like everywhere else.Some people play it out of habit, they hop on and AFK.So it really depends on a person.

Cipher

Jun 13, 2017
People tend to focus more on the negative than the positive. Like Think about it there are more Good interactions than bad ones, but the bad ones do stick out massively compared to the good ones.

Xylo

邪悪
Jul 21, 2015
People tend to focus more on the negative than the positive. Like Think about it there are more Good interactions than bad ones, but the bad ones do stick out massively compared to the good ones.
The bad ones stick out because it's 90% of the community that is ill in their mind and sits online 24/7 rather than going outside.

Feb 27, 2013
Having an addictive personality and being super competitive has always been a "problem" of mine but a lot of what you're talking about just comes from immaturity.

Think about back when you were a kid and whatever fucked up games you used to play. You probably had no integrity or ethics because you didn't think there were any repercussions for your actions. That's exactly how these kids feel nowadays. The internet is so vast that unless you seriously fuck up, you're not going to get in trouble. These kids know that. So yeah, if you start a game with essentially "no rules" that is governed by other immature kids, you're going to have problems.

Habbo has never been a major aspect of my life and just as easily as I can get ddos'd, I can turn off my computer screen. A lot of what you're talking about is just developed over time during growth in the teen years. They literally won't realize what they're doing until they grow up and something similar happens to them, then they come to a realization that they're a piece of shit. Until then, nothing's going to change and it will just be another hoard of kids within the next decade to take these one's place. The only difference is the next generation was born immersed in technology so it's probably going to be even worse.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I can say it over and over again, but most comments here are only targeting a specific part of what I said. Please before you even reply, read everything I said carefully and then go forward and voice your opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread