There are no "normal" people in this scene

Feb 27, 2013
I can say it over and over again, but most comments here are only targeting a specific part of what I said. Please before you even reply, read everything I said carefully and then go forward and voice your opinion.
Maybe. I think you're hitting too broad of an audience though. There are a lot of Habbo retro players. I remember last year going back to Habbo.com with my friend and absolutely hating it. All I did was troll.

Then a few months later I ended up starting my own server and absolutely loved it. It was a whole new experience. I think that being a player and being a manager are two completely different things in all honesty.

Not to mention I started a hotel to kill the time last summer and ended up sticking with it because the money was really good. Some of my users personally donated £200+ and after a while becomes more of a responsbility than a hobby and eventually a job.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Maybe. I think you're hitting too broad of an audience though. There are a lot of Habbo retro players. I remember last year going back to Habbo.com with my friend and absolutely hating it. All I did was troll.

Then a few months later I ended up starting my own server and absolutely loved it. It was a whole new experience. I think that being a player and being a manager are two completely different things in all honesty.

Not to mention I started a hotel to kill the time last summer and ended up sticking with it because the money was really good. Some of my users personally donated £200+ and after a while becomes more of a responsbility than a hobby and eventually a job.
Nope. You said it yourself.
Having an addictive personality and being super competitive has always been a "problem" of mine

Feb 27, 2013
Nope. You said it yourself.
The same thing could be said about any scene if you think about it. From a real life perspective, the only "productive" thing to do would be going out and getting a job.

If these people left Habbo for something more "productive" they might be less happy. If you think about "real life" scenes it's essentially the same thing, in less duration of time, and higher social expectations. Habbo has zero social expectations and it's nice to get away sometimes. Some people might use it as an escape from whatever but that's not really a problem? It's just what they want to do.

I used Habbo to cope with other addictions and bad habits not to mention kill some time. Just as some people would compulsively shop, drink, smoke, and who knows what else... habbotards just habbo. There are a lot worse habits than playing Habbo and I think if everyone left the scene they'd find that out very quickly.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
It could be like the Minecraft community. 6 year olds playing the game spending all of their day on it, spending money on servers with their parents money, and being squeaky ignorant cunts. I'd rather pass time with Habbo than Minecraft. Not to mention, I usually just come on to talk to friends during the night and yes; I have a social life.

Ari

Sep 29, 2010
60% of players lie about their age. I know I did until I was 16. I'm now 18.
People in this community are fucking toxic and I really don't like returning to it. But I have to. I love Habbo :(

Haid

Dec 20, 2011
I agree 100%! It's sad that people who claim to be a "adult" do shit like this, so childish! I had to push myself away from the habbo/retro world because of all the people out their who are like that! Great post man!!
88556fc7f.png

JynX

Posting Freak
Feb 6, 2016
No one should be normal though in all honesty. If everyone was normal and the same then where's the fun in that? Everybody's different and has different ways of dealing with stress or depression and other such things. Some people as you mentioned (I think) that some people play it to get away with some of the harsh reality of the real world. Honestly, I found myself doing this when I was younger, but now I find it as more of a hobby. I may help in "developing" retros and making them, but I'm not one of those people that can't take a day or two away from their computer because of some virtual game world. At first, I was kind of angered at this thread and some of the things that were stated and mentioned, but after reading it over and over I agree with what's been said. Although the one thing I do disagree with and I don't know if I'm missing something, but you make it seem as though being abnormal is a bad thing? If you think about it, most of us would have never met or even spoke to one another if it wasn't for DevBest. Which was made basically because of retros and is pretty much what is holding DevBest afloat with visitors and activity. I'd say I have met some amazing people that I would have never met if not for retros or Habbo itself. Some things aren't always bad.

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
Lmfao, this community brings back anything thats died, thats forsure, DDoSing did stop for a good amount of time from alot of hotels, its just some, well people as you said, that just can't handle being social with others which get their panties in a knot, its a matter of just playing for fun, or playing like Habbo is Call of Duty. Some people need to go outside more and be actively social with others, instead of online.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
There's only two reasons most play Habbo today that started playing it a long time ago:
  • Talk to friends
  • It's the place where they started developing
Am I right? I think so.

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
Habbo is good to build friendships if you've got social anxiety issues. I know some on other communities as well as ones I still play today where they've met people irl who have the worst social skills in the history of man kind. Theres good and bad sides to it honestly. Good since 1. you can make friends in an anonymous space (sometimes, depends) 2. you can open up about stuff to people, again anonymously if you like, 3. communication skills especially on games which require it like uh for example; a role play hotel where you're in a gang and communication is needed to complete a task.

However, Bad since 1. little kids coming onto retros acting big with their crappy booters (ruins the game imo, they can go bk to raging on cod), 2. theres some sick fucks that can be racist, bully, hurtful to others (can be prevented by good retro mods) and 3. even though hacking has changed from previous years, you still have those trying to take control of sites through exploits but really thats the owners fault for leaving exploits. But ye, Habbo retros are just one of those things where you can get bad/good people. Most all have problems though, most likely suffer from social anxiety as you said or just play Habbo to escape from reality imo.

Xylo

邪悪
Jul 21, 2015
People play retros addictively because they're afraid of society and don't wanna have to fend for themselves because they're all insecure pussies with split personalities that like to make up facades to get the attention of people online to boost their deteriorating self esteem issues.

matthew1112

Aug 6, 2010
See i agree with all your points, most people do sit on habbo. I quit for like 4 years and only just recently came back and im starting to think about leaving again because since ive being gone the habbo scene has just gotten worse.

Berk

berkibap#4233
Developer
Oct 17, 2015
I was actually in depression and I went to somme retros, and people made me laugh again. If I don't have a social life, why would I play Habbo? Habbo is a kindof social place, where you meet people and get 'socialized'. If someone has social anxiety, they even wouldn't play Habbo or anything, they'd just sit and watch tv or sleep all day.

Never the less, I am not going to stop because there are some nice people that make me laugh again.

Users who are viewing this thread