There are no "normal" people in this scene

HabbPEE

Oct 2, 2017
You are right Mark and most who run the Forums/Fanzies are vigliante type dudes too (and not just vigilante in the normal sense - in any way they get ultra jelly of ppl)

Teekay

Mother Trucker
Jan 7, 2018
No different then playing Runescape, or Siege, or Wow, or any game everyone gets social interaction in different places.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
It seems like people in this scene are usually just threatening to "hit" your hotel or even you offline "forever", they must've never heard of changing an IP before. But then again, most of them are 20 year olds stuck in 2012 when booting was actually a thing.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
If you think changing your IP is the only way to properly protect yourself from DDOS; you might be stuck in 2012 alongside them. I noticed that the DDOS has been going down a fair bit in recent years; Habbo used to be bad back in 2010-2012 where hotels would hack eachother for users but now it's mostly just a feature stealing game where we try to outcode eachother.

But yeah, everyone in the scene has some weird social deformities going on somewhere but it doesn't make us bad people

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
If you think changing your IP is the only way to properly protect yourself from DDOS; you might be stuck in 2012 alongside them. I noticed that the DDOS has been going down a fair bit in recent years; Habbo used to be bad back in 2010-2012 where hotels would hack eachother for users but now it's mostly just a feature stealing game where we try to outcode eachother.

But yeah, everyone in the scene has some weird social deformities going on somewhere but it doesn't make us bad people
I never said it’s the only way, did I? But if you change your IP and they’re still hitting your old one, you get back online pretty easily. I’m talking about your home network, not a server; obviously.

briian

Jan 13, 2018
This could be said about any form of social media or online game, ever. Life is always better outside in the fresh air.

treebeard

Jan 16, 2018
I've always been really confused by the amount of people on Habbo/retros that are just honestly mean and cruel for no reason. I swear part of the game's culture is literally to just be mean and annoying until all the normal half-decent users quit because they are tired of the non-stop hate speech and vulgar bs that comes out of the majority of users. Like I swear sometimes I hop on Habbo or a retro and try to talk to people and its nothing but vulgar hateful responses from people. Idk though I've met some really nice, normal seeming people on Habbo although I would probably have to agree that anyone that sits behind a screen for 6+ hours a day probably has some sort of issue that they are avoiding through the use of video games etc.

Kruel

Holla Holla
Nov 3, 2014
You're going to be met with a lot of denial with a thread like this, You would be theoretically ripping there masks away from them if they were to admit to such things. I do believe you have a point though, At some point in your life you decided that having a virtual interaction was better than one in reality. People have to bear in mind that if you play something consistently for periods of time then it is classed as an addiction. It doesn't have to be a drug or something surreal all it takes is time. At the end of the day though you have to sit back and think am I going to care about this in a years time, Things come and go and Habbo retro's is not something you should hold onto so tightly and that's coming from a guy who has a habbo avatar as his picture lol! Interesting topic though it's fun to pick apart your brain and see what is truly important to you and what is hindering you in life.

Mystical

Feb 13, 2018
Totally agree, there's some absoloutely fucked up people on Habbo Retros, awhile ago, I went on and I'm not joking, I was having a conversation with the owner, who seemed normal, like hey welcome hope you enjoy, but later on in the conversation he started linking me to gore sites, ISIS Beheading etc, It's fucked up, he was a genuine full, psychopath.

asdasd123

Jul 15, 2014
So you've never spent money on a dying game? You most probably have..
Yeah I'm just physically retarded in the brain so not to worry.
Every game dies at some point.

ONT though: Yes, I agree. No-one with social life plays retro's nor Habbo actively.

asdasd123

Jul 15, 2014
The only enjoyment I get from a retro now is the development aspect of it. I may not be the best but it's still and interest of mine.

Yeah, I completely agree on this one. Communities may not be the same, but getting together and developing something huge has always stayed the same and I personally enjoy it.
Well I don’t agree with this at all.
I don't mean it quite literally, generally speaking it's just the truth. Retros have nothing "fun" to do, If you have something more important going on.

Users who are viewing this thread