[Help] Xampp Localhost connection error[Help]

alex194568

Sep 4, 2015
I have installed Xampp correctly and apache and mysql have started properly. When i type in localhost or 127.0.0.1 or anything similar to try and set up a password or view the pages, it doesnt work. I get an error each time that says:
This web page is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

I have uninstalled and re installed xampp, even older versions, restarted my laptop and even made a whole new account and downloaded it with no such luck. Can someone please help me?

Kind regards

Rain

c
Mar 13, 2015
I had this issue, turn out a bare bones IIS installed itself.. Goodness know why, I just uninstalled it and was good as new. Go into programs and features and disable IIS (If enables ofc)
:)

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I had this issue, turn out a bare bones IIS installed itself.. Goodness know why, I just uninstalled it and was good as new. Go into programs and features and disable IIS (If enables ofc)
:)
You could also just stop the IIS system through its manager, if you wanted to keep both systems :p

Marcel

You're the guy who stole my car
Jul 17, 2015
I'm not the guy with the issue, I was just saying that I was having issues helping him & that everything was fine when I checked it out
Anyway who knows @_Josh may have a point

alex194568

Sep 4, 2015
No @eckostylez you didnt help me, this thread remains open due to recently my laptop deciding to update to a newer version of windows and the problem is back. Maybe IIS was installed i dont know, can someone help please?

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Look, everyone resolves issues differently and if you don't want someone to help you personally then don't take them up on their offer.. Yes, it's nice when an issue is explained on the forum incase other users are having a similar problem but you (OP) could also take the time to explain the fix after you've been assisted.. It works both ways.

No more posting about who should do what etc. Half this thread has been removed as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread