[Help] Xampp Localhost connection error[Help]

alex194568

Sep 4, 2015
I have installed Xampp correctly and apache and mysql have started properly. When i type in localhost or 127.0.0.1 or anything similar to try and set up a password or view the pages, it doesnt work. I get an error each time that says:
This web page is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

I have uninstalled and re installed xampp, even older versions, restarted my laptop and even made a whole new account and downloaded it with no such luck. Can someone please help me?

Kind regards

Mastah

the funny thing is \r\n i did
Oct 25, 2010
So here's a simple question: Do you have Skype running and if you do can you check your connection settings on Skype if your Skype is using port 80 & 443 and if it does can you turn it off because it was one of my common problem why my Apache was running but it wouldn't let me on my own website just saying.

alex194568

Sep 4, 2015
Nope i was just trying to add files to the htdocs then it started to say webpage unavailable. Since then i have installed and reinstalled xampp a number of times. Even on a new windows account.
And Mastah yeah if you read the thread replies, the skype issue has been dealt with...

Marcel

You're the guy who stole my car
Jul 17, 2015
same thing :/ what I suggest is to disconnect your internet and play the dinosaur game

Reformat your computer / laptop

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
There are no errors on the xampp control pannel thing, if theres a folder where the error logs are stored can you direct me to it please? thanks
You click "Logs" in the Apache row (in the XAMPP control panel). Although I don't think there will be any, as it appears the connection is being blocked, but I could be wrong.

Marcel

Jul 17, 2015
this is seriously weird, if you want to team-viewer again I had to rush before for something but I'm open now
let me see your .php's

I just think it's one of them simple errors that no one knows about

Marcel

Jul 17, 2015
@Reize it's just so weird, it's impossible I tried looking at it. He needs a database to start putting shit in the htdocs. Localhost won't work at all.

Users who are viewing this thread