Recruiting Galaxy Hotel - Recruiting Developers/Managers/Moderators (Semi-Paid)

Obbler

GFX Noob
Oct 2, 2016
BvC42RJ.gif

Hi everyone! I'm pleased to announce that I'm now looking for new staff within Galaxy Hotel. You haven't heard of us, because we're still undergoing development. But let me give you a run down of what we plan to do and what we want from you.

I'll be brief as this isn't an advertising thread. Currently we're a pretty standard hotel, but with big plans and unique features undergoing development that I haven't seen done before on Habbo/Retros. I currently work on a lot of the GFX and general administration/setting up, so I can create custom furniture to a high quality and new badges, interfaces, etc. But I'm looking for a developer or team of developers who can help me put my ideas to life.

As an owner, I'll have relatively strict rules for the staff team to follow. By all means, I want staff to have fun at all times but I see too many hotels with very immature staff teams. If this means we have a smaller team of more mature and knowledgeable players then I'm fine with that. I'm willing to provide more information on our plans and hotel to applicants who are to be considered for a role. The Galaxy Website URL will be provided to those who have shown interest in applying.

Staff Positions Available
Developer
Any decent hotel needs a developer to help them push out features and bug fixes to remain competitive.
As a developer you:
- Have proficient knowledge with PHP, HTML (and CSS), C# and/or other languages. Specifically those used in CMS and Emulator development
- Have experience with emulators or PlusEMU in particular
- Have experience with CMS development or web-development
- Are active through main forms of communication (Preferably Skype)
- Are willing to contribute to the success of the hotel, and are passionate about Galaxy Hotel and it's community
- Enjoy what you do and willing to do it as a semi-unpaid job

We offer you:
- A generous percentage of donations received and VIP sales (Negotiable, based on work you do and time period you've been with us)
- An optional developer rank on the Hotel, comes with a few non-debugging/development perks and the awesome badge.
- Payment depending on the size of a job and the difficulty. You will be paid after your job is complete, and after you have worked with us on small jobs. Again, depends entirely on the job and agreement between both parties.
- Credit on all work that you have completed for us, indefinitely
- Maximum VIP rank in-game and various other in-game perks for a "legit" account if you so desire. Such as rare items, currencies, etc. This is if you enjoy playing on the hotel as well as development and gives us a way to say thank-you for the smaller jobs you do.
- A serious and mature team to work with on a hotel that has big goals
- A place to grow and expand your knowledge with your chosen language

Hotel Manager

I can manage a hotel alone, but not as well as I could with a team of great minds. The Hotel Manager acts as the General Manager of the whole hotel, and will work closely with myself to keep Galaxy in order. Below you will be the other Managers each with their own specialty area (For example, Economy Manager, Events Manager, Staff Manager).

As a Hotel Manager you:
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Are mature, passionate, responsible and have prior experience in managing a habbo retro or similar online gaming community/server
- Have reasonable knowledge of how an economy works, based off real-life or virtual situations
- Have some sort of experience in any habbo retro staff role (Applies if you only have management experience in a non-habbo community)
- Will always have the hotel's best interest at heart and remain unbiased towards friends and foes
- Are willing to dedicate at least 14 hours per week (spread across at least 4 days) to Galaxy Hotel management
- Are friendly, talkative and get along well with others in a professional way
- Use proper grammar, punctuation and spelling when required (Articles, Hotel Alerts, Warnings, etc.) - Regular chat/conversation can be as poorly formulated as you wish!
- Are willing to communicate often with the other staff members and myself regarding the state of the hotel, ideas, changes, and any incidents that I may have missed. (Keep in mind I'll be very active too within the hotel and it's management)

We offer you:
- A percentage of donations received and VIP Sales (Negotiable, dependent on your total time with us, work effort, and the positive impact you have on the hotel)
- The highest non-owner rank in the game so you can fulfill your job duties without Owner intervention
- Benefits towards a legitimate account that you may use on the hotel during your free time (Maximum VIP Rank, Currencies, Items, etc.)
- A fun and enjoyable hotel to work for, which will eventually have a much larger community!
- A place to grow and gain more experience as a community manager

General Staff Team/Moderators
Every good hotel needs a team of moderators to keep the place safe, events running and the players happy. They're just as important as the owner, managers, developers, etc. As such we do request that our moderators remain professional while having a good laugh!

As a Moderator you:
- Are at least 16 years of age (Some exceptions, in rare cases)
- Are mature, passionate, responsible and have prior experience moderating Habbo retros (ideally) or other online communities. This includes forums, game servers, fansites, and guilds/clans.
- Will ensure that Galaxy Hotel is a safe place for all players, and people are treated with respect.
- Will host at least 2 events per week for the players (Management supply the prizes)
- Will always have the hotel's best interest at heart and remain unbiased towards friends and foes
- Are willing to dedicate at least 14 hours per week (spread across at least 4 days) to Galaxy Hotel Moderation
- Are willing to share ideas and be open about the current state of the hotel and the management team above you
- Use proper grammar, punctuation and spelling when required (Articles, Hotel Alerts, Warnings, etc.) - Regular chat/conversation can be as poorly formulated as you wish!
We offer you:
- VIP Rank 1 on your main account after 2 months of service, followed by VIP Rank 2 after 4 months of service and then VIP Rank 3 after 6 months of service
- Complimentary diamonds, rares, etc. (All in-game, virtual payments) to your account paid every fortnight as a "Thank-you" for helping us out every day. Payments depend on your activity, attitude and more
- A draw into the staff giveaway hosted every few months depending on the success of the hotel. These giveaways are only for staff and will reward real-life items/money/giftcards, again as a thank-you. All staff members who have been with us longer than 2 months will be eligible for an entry. No matter the rank, everyone has a fair chance of winning these prizes
- A fun and enjoyable hotel to work for, which will eventually have a much larger community!
- Many opportunities to take on more responsibility, earn promotions, recognition and more. The more you put in, the more you get out. As you climb our staff ladder you'll reach paid staff roles (Example, Hotel Manager).

Interested? Reply here with your Skype name or send me a PM!
Please comment which role you're interested in, make up your own application format too if you'd like (Lets test your creativity ;))

Obbler

GFX Noob
Oct 2, 2016
When will the hotel launch, i'd like to check it out. ;)

Depends on a few things:

1. IRL work
2. How many people are keen to help out as a result of this thread
3. Me being a lazy ass

Honestly can't give a time-frame but I am working hard on it - The hotel is up, but nothing fancy atm. Just sitting on a VPS while I work on things + get things ready. I'll keep you informed once I have a set launch date though :)

We have since found a Hotel Manager, still looking for Developers, Moderators (And also some roles in between depending on competency - From Sr Mod through to Manager).

Apply if you're interested!

Users who are viewing this thread