Sam_Otten

Feb 21, 2014
Hey, my retro's website isn't loading (the whole website so not only the client), I've got Apache and MySQL turned on in XAMPP, port forwarded and my emulator (plus emulator) on. But it gives a "page not available error". It used to work fine but when I wanted to go to the site it didn't load.

I hope someone can help me.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Well, most people follow tutorials and the most common tutorial on the web for Habbo is either IIS or Apache. I think I'm going to switch to Nginx after hearing you talk about it and looking at reviews/comparisons.
You'd have to use a Linux OS then, because it crashes on Windows and is a way longer and slower process. Use HHVM instead of PHP7 for faster perfomance. You can easily enable PHP7 features on HHVM.

Use DigitalOceans turorial, its good for setting up NGINX.

And if you want a GUI you'd have to install xrdp on it.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
You'd have to use a Linux OS then, because it crashes on Windows and is a way longer and slower process. Use HHVM instead of PHP7 for faster perfomance. You can easily enable PHP7 features on HHVM.

Use DigitalOceans turorial, its good for setting up NGINX.

And if you want a GUI you'd have to install xrdp on it.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
That statement a bout HHVM being faster than PHP7 can be debated, nowadays there is barely any difference + PHP7 is quicker in some tests and HHVM in others. So it's not that big of a difference anymore really.

Sam_Otten

Feb 21, 2014
Maybe a ddos attack? Take a printscreen, this description is very vague...
My browser is in Dutch but I get the same message: (got this image from Google)
jcKjsUv.png

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
My browser is in Dutch but I get the same message: (got this image from Google)
jcKjsUv.png
This looks like 1 of a couple of things. Either you don't have your IIS or Apache running on Port 80, or you are being ddosed. Or last but not least the port 80 or the IIS/Apache is not let through the firewalls.

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Have you changed your CMS settings such as the site URL to your own? If not then that's probably what you're seeing, can't be too sure without the actual error message but worth a try.

Just try to change it to "127.0.0.1" or your domain if you have one already and it's linked to the server, then navigate to that URL in your browser.

Sam_Otten

Feb 21, 2014
Have you changed your CMS settings such as the site URL to your own? If not then that's probably what you're seeing, can't be too sure without the actual error message but worth a try.

Just try to change it to "127.0.0.1" or your domain if you have one already and it's linked to the server, then navigate to that URL in your browser.
Yes I have done that, the website used to fully function.

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Nothing, that's the weird thing. I'm running PHP version 5.3.1. And I'm running Habboon CMS.
Do you actually reach the webserver?

Open index.php and add phpinfo(); die(); to the top of the page, if it loads then it's probably something related to the code otherwise the web server/system configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread