There are no "normal" people in this scene

JynX

Posting Freak
Feb 6, 2016
f1bd7f0ca98bdccc75891316b327245d2b744ea23e3de34d5d69bffe4b40ea85.jpg

Jimmeh

Jul 4, 2019
That's how legends are born. People that don't fit in with the status quo find their own niche and eventually build something great or fade away

Blackburn

Apr 6, 2019
While I partly agree with you: This has been in a lot of communities and games, not only Habbo. By the way, so the majority of teens that played Habbo are "not normal"? Which is a few million, and a couple people i know irl.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
While I partly agree with you: This has been in a lot of communities and games, not only Habbo. By the way, so the majority of teens that played Habbo are "not normal"? Which is a few million, and a couple people i know irl.
I doubt it's a couple million, maybe a million unique users across both retros and habbo combined. That number is a massive overshoot even.

That is roughly: 0.000125% of the population if we base it on 8 billion

It is indeed possible for the entire user base to suffer a mental condition causing them to be 'weird' or maybe, they're just plain weird without any conditions. The US has roughly 46% of its population with a diagnosed mental illness. Let's apply that to 8 billion and we get roughly 3.5 billion people who could be considered weird as a diagnosis.

In summary:
Being weird is very common

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
I doubt it's a couple million, maybe a million unique users across both retros and habbo combined. That number is a massive overshoot even.

That is roughly: 0.000125% of the population if we base it on 8 billion

It is indeed possible for the entire user base to suffer a mental condition causing them to be 'weird' or maybe, they're just plain weird without any conditions. The US has roughly 46% of its population with a diagnosed mental illness. Let's apply that to 8 billion and we get roughly 3.5 billion people who could be considered weird as a diagnosis.

In summary:
Being weird is very common
Not very good math if you get the figures down to ages between teen-middle 20’s, changes it completely. Then again, where does the argument stop as we’re the only people to experience what’s happening in the world with Internet taking over etc etc.

Johno

:: xHosts :: www.xhosts.uk
Sep 12, 2011
I totally agree, there is no such things as normal. There is acting differently or acting in a certain way. Most people are not born with social anxiety or depression but normally a trigger / life event causes it and people look for a way to express themselves / act out how they actually feel but cannot or do not have the inner confidence to do so offline.

I have in the past been on the receiving end of a lot of sh*t from people within the retro community. Even as a service provider back when skype resolvers worked I would be added by people and have threats of take this server offline or what is this servers IP address, offered money for the passwords to servers and when I refused would be ddos attacked, threats or dox or even had my family members contacted. You may say hide your information but when you have a legitimate business certain payment processors request that you have contact legitimate contract information that matches your ID listed on the website. Most of these people simply run on jealously if another website / retro has more users than them. I admit to myself suffering with depression and social anxiety, most cases these days Habbo related websites will make things a lot worse due to the number of toxic people that are on them, most of them do not start off toxic. You have one or two toxic ones that become staff then users follow suit with the hope of getting staff to further make others feel weak or single people out to feel alone. When a toxic person attacks another retro it will bring out the toxicity in people on the other retro who then attack others to try to take control or gain the upper hand for a while and it has a snowball effect.

Because I have not simply handed over info to these people in the past I have had ddos attacks, family contacted, malicious mail to my home, disgusting phone calls which as a suffer from anxiety does not help, even more so when I career for parents who are unwell and try to work to pay the family bills

It has started with a handful of toxic people and grown because people do not want to feel vulnerable or weak so they now start sh*t first instead of simply defending themselves if something does happen.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
I totally agree, there is no such things as normal. There is acting differently or acting in a certain way. Most people are not born with social anxiety or depression but normally a trigger / life event causes it and people look for a way to express themselves / act out how they actually feel but cannot or do not have the inner confidence to do so offline.

I have in the past been on the receiving end of a lot of sh*t from people within the retro community. Even as a service provider back when skype resolvers worked I would be added by people and have threats of take this server offline or what is this servers IP address, offered money for the passwords to servers and when I refused would be ddos attacked, threats or dox or even had my family members contacted. You may say hide your information but when you have a legitimate business certain payment processors request that you have contact legitimate contract information that matches your ID listed on the website. Most of these people simply run on jealously if another website / retro has more users than them. I admit to myself suffering with depression and social anxiety, most cases these days Habbo related websites will make things a lot worse due to the number of toxic people that are on them, most of them do not start off toxic. You have one or two toxic ones that become staff then users follow suit with the hope of getting staff to further make others feel weak or single people out to feel alone. When a toxic person attacks another retro it will bring out the toxicity in people on the other retro who then attack others to try to take control or gain the upper hand for a while and it has a snowball effect.

Because I have not simply handed over info to these people in the past I have had ddos attacks, family contacted, malicious mail to my home, disgusting phone calls which as a suffer from anxiety does not help, even more so when I career for parents who are unwell and try to work to pay the family bills

It has started with a handful of toxic people and grown because people do not want to feel vulnerable or weak so they now start sh*t first instead of simply defending themselves if something does happen.
Jesus! I didn’t think people would go to these lengths, hope you’re okay John.

Johno

:: xHosts :: www.xhosts.uk
Sep 12, 2011
Jesus! I didn’t think people would go to these lengths, hope you’re okay John.

A*seholes will do anything to get what they want, I have never handed out any info on anyone even when I have had shit mailed to me, but just goes to show how a few toxic people years back started this type of problem and now most of them have either left retros or still here spend all day trying to troll people. I agree habbo is dying but if one serious person had the back bone and strength to have a hotel maybe for the older community only and would actively remove any of these toxic people from their community even if they are "friends" of staff the hotel it still could be a good community to be in, you could have general banter, chill now and then but it seems some hotel owners these days just own to have the power over the users, the big ban button, users IP addresses when they come online so they can attack / share the info to look top notch

CosmoPeak

PeakRP.com
May 15, 2016
A*seholes will do anything to get what they want, I have never handed out any info on anyone even when I have had shit mailed to me, but just goes to show how a few toxic people years back started this type of problem and now most of them have either left retros or still here spend all day trying to troll people. I agree habbo is dying but if one serious person had the back bone and strength to have a hotel maybe for the older community only and would actively remove any of these toxic people from their community even if they are "friends" of staff the hotel it still could be a good community to be in, you could have general banter, chill now and then but it seems some hotel owners these days just own to have the power over the users, the big ban button, users IP addresses when they come online so they can attack / share the info to look top notch
I second this. I've been doxed, people always trying to ddos peak, people have contacted my family, all within the last year or 2. This doesn't happen on this scale in other communities and it sure doesn't make me want to stick around.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
I second this. I've been doxed, people always trying to ddos peak, people have contacted my family, all within the last year or 2. This doesn't happen on this scale in other communities and it sure doesn't make me want to stick around.
this community is probably one of the most unhinged tbh

xXMufaisaXx

Apr 8, 2018
Tbh I couldnt agree more. So many people now are always talking about ddosing or about ddosing another hotel/retro. i dont understand there issues either. Im working on stuff but not for public lol. Just cause id rather do my own thing than deal with the kids who wanna sit and talk trash for hours to their friends cause they downloaded a free booter from hkforums. lmfao. Thanks for thread btw, Bout time someone put it out there:up: But i do have to say, If your ripping anything that wasnt your to begin with... How are we normal? (Except doxing, I dont understand why kids seem to think its so fun and important...)

Users who are viewing this thread