Sulake had sent a DMCA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaze

May 2, 2011
Right guys instead of having the effort to type it all out, I am thinking to re-open RetroRP and Retro Hotel after being emailed by Sulake. Please give me advice, can I open it? If I do, what will happen?

Alright, so heres the story. Recently, Rama had got a email from cloudflare, our domain security. (He didn't know that owning a Retro was illigal until now)
They forwarded a incident when someone reported us and said that they forwarded this to my domain providers as well.
And guess who it was? Suprise suprise, Sulake had just filed a DMCA against us. So we had to unfortunately close both RetroRP and Retro Hotel. However, we may be opening soon differently after all this has calmed down, and when we do, there will be no need for a competition.
We will come back much more improved and a lot of features we will no longer be a retro, we will also do our best to make sure no data is lost. Also, those that have VIP and etc will not be effected, so don't worry about that!
Thanks a lot,
Rama
Need proof?

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
I've had these myself. All CloudFlare do is forward on your IP address and other information to the person/company that send out the DMCA. With actual events going on where Sulake are taking action I personally think you would be stupid to consider going on, just close and let nothing else be of it.

Spaze

May 2, 2011
I've had these myself. All CloudFlare do is forward on your IP address and other information to the person/company that send out the DMCA. With actual events going on where Sulake are taking action I personally think you would be stupid to consider going on, just close and let nothing else be of it.

If you had these of yourself, why didn't you do anything and just continue? What action do you think Sulake would take if I re-open?

Evilsmoothie

Mad kung-fu artist
Feb 11, 2013
If you had these of yourself, why didn't you do anything and just continue? What action do you think Sulake would take if I re-open?

If that really was Sulake, and you re-open.. You are in deep fucking shit. Now they know where to find you, and worse actions could be taken. That's what I assume, and it's seems very realistic.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010

I've had several of these, I've never had one for a Shockwave ran hotel (which is what yours looks to be) I've had them for my large Flash based hotels. I didn't need to do any action as I had gotten bored of running hotels.

I don't have any advice for you other than just call it quits, or continue its up to you.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
Post the DMCA. If it's not in valid format then it doesn't mean shit. I see a dozen of them a day and pass them along, but 85% of them are never in the proper format. It's also real easy to send a counter DMCA.

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
Look at the email, [email protected], I emailed that Sulake guy but he didn't reply back... Think I should re-open?

When you emailed back, was it a counter DMCA? Such as:

Code:
>The complaint does not follow the prescribed form for notification of an alleged copyright violation as set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 USC 512(c)(3). Specifically, the complainant has failed to:

~Include a physical or electronic signature of the complainant. [17 USC 512(c)(3)(A)(i)]

~Identify the specific copyrighted work claimed to be infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single complaint, provide a representative list of such works. [17 USC 512(c)(3)(A)(ii)]

~Provide the URLs for the specific files on my web site that are alleged to be infringing. [17 USC 512(c)(3)(A)(iii)]

This communication to you is a DMCA counter notification letter as defined in 17 USC 512(g)(3): 

I declare, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the complaint of copyright violation is based on mistaken information, misidentification of the material in question, or deliberate misreading of the law.

My name, address, and telephone number are as follows:

(address here) 

I hereby consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which I reside (or, if my address is outside the United States, any judicial district in which you, the ISP, may be found).

I agree to accept service of process from the complainant. 

My actual or electronic signature follows:

(electronic or actual signature here) 

Having received this counter notification, you are now obligated under 17 USC 512(g)(2)(B) to advise the complainant of this notice, and to restore the material in dispute (or not take the material down in the first place), unless the complainant files suit against me within 10 days.

Spaze

May 2, 2011
When you emailed back, was it a counter DMCA? Such as:

Code:
>The complaint does not follow the prescribed form for notification of an alleged copyright violation as set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 USC 512(c)(3). Specifically, the complainant has failed to:

~Include a physical or electronic signature of the complainant. [17 USC 512(c)(3)(A)(i)]

~Identify the specific copyrighted work claimed to be infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single complaint, provide a representative list of such works. [17 USC 512(c)(3)(A)(ii)]

~Provide the URLs for the specific files on my web site that are alleged to be infringing. [17 USC 512(c)(3)(A)(iii)]

This communication to you is a DMCA counter notification letter as defined in 17 USC 512(g)(3):

I declare, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the complaint of copyright violation is based on mistaken information, misidentification of the material in question, or deliberate misreading of the law.

My name, address, and telephone number are as follows:

(address here)

I hereby consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which I reside (or, if my address is outside the United States, any judicial district in which you, the ISP, may be found).

I agree to accept service of process from the complainant.

My actual or electronic signature follows:

(electronic or actual signature here)

Having received this counter notification, you are now obligated under 17 USC 512(g)(2)(B) to advise the complainant of this notice, and to restore the material in dispute (or not take the material down in the first place), unless the complainant files suit against me within 10 days.

No, I replied them this:

Hi,
I am the owner of and , you recently reported both domains to cloudflare about my two domains and said that it was copyright. I didn't know about this and now shut the game down. I am really sorry and will not re-open it, am I in trouble? Please help I am terribly afraid.

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
Yes it is,

That's not the headers. This is what it should look like:

Return-path: <[email protected]>
Envelope-to: [email protected]
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 05:21:04 +0400
Received: from root by auto.autobots.biz with local (Exim 4.80.1)
(envelope-from <[email protected]>)
id 1UmDGi-0008IS-0J
for [email protected]; Tue, 11 Jun 2013 05:21:04 +0400
To: [email protected]
Subject: =?UTF-8?B?U29mdHdhcmUgVXBkYXRlcyAoYXV0by5hdXRvYm90cy5iaXop?=
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Reply-To: [email protected]
X-Mailer: PHP/5.3.17
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 05:21:04 +0400

Spaze

May 2, 2011
That's not the headers. This is what it should look like:

Return-path: <[email protected]>
Envelope-to: [email protected]
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 05:21:04 +0400
Received: from root by auto.autobots.biz with local (Exim 4.80.1)
(envelope-from <[email protected]>)
id 1UmDGi-0008IS-0J
for [email protected]; Tue, 11 Jun 2013 05:21:04 +0400
To: [email protected]
Subject: =?UTF-8?B?U29mdHdhcmUgVXBkYXRlcyAoYXV0by5hdXRvYm90cy5iaXop?=
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Reply-To: [email protected]
X-Mailer: PHP/5.3.17
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 05:21:04 +0400

JasonCole

Rawr-Hotel.co.uk
Mar 17, 2013
Got a similar email, just moved from cloudflare to another domain dns service as cloudflare is useless anyways and haven't been contacted in a month so i took the risk, up to you to decide now.

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
No it's not, but Cloudflare has a form that is used for submitting abuse/DMCA issues. There's no way of knowing if someone just put in that information (which is easy to find) or if it was legitimately inputted by a Sulake legal representative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread