How long does Habbo have left?

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
Everything eventually dies. Humans die, Games die, Animals die, practically as I said everything. There is a time when something can be popular and then a time shit can change. I've played Habbo since 07 and watched that shit evolve but 1 thing that will never be the same is the people that left since the version they like got disbanded. Habbo is coming to its end unless they come up with new marketing / advertising strageys, example Free 50-100 Credits when you join would be more appealing. Along side making the first 100c stay and be untradable to prevent boosting.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Everything eventually dies. Humans die, Games die, Animals die, practically as I said everything. There is a time when something can be popular and then a time shit can change. I've played Habbo since 07 and watched that shit evolve but 1 thing that will never be the same is the people that left since the version they like got disbanded. Habbo is coming to its end unless they come up with new marketing / advertising strageys, example Free 50-100 Credits when you join would be more appealing. Along side making the first 100c stay and be untradable to prevent boosting.
ur post made me depressed

Santana

The Don.
Dec 26, 2015
Habbo isn't gonna last. Someone mentioned how celebrities used to play Habbo etc, thats all true. It's gone downhill, I haven't played it in years lol. I'd say give it till, the next couple generations of teens

yhoofan

Jul 6, 2011
I remember when Habbo hit 100,000 users registered . Man those days were amazing. Sadly , nobody has the money to keep beating a dead horse and make it run faster. Habbo Retro's might die , but it's not a problem if habbo dies and there is no more worries about huge hotels shutting down. It's sort of a revolution of the life cycle. Would like to see how Habbo would take a RP and actually make a full on RP

:eek: If Habbo was free , like coins are given out every 15 minutes oml and remove the bidding ban . It would be a miracle

Adapt

Learning Habbo Retro Developer
Jan 1, 2016
I think, Habbo has like 2-3 years left and that's it. so many people play private servers of them now.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
Honestly, I don't think Habbo will ever shutdown every single retro. They shut down one, the owner of that just gets a new domain and hosting, there's always new people creating retros. Sure, they have taken them down in the past (unsure if they're still being donkey's about it still) but look at Fresh, it has been up forever and they haven't shutdown yet. People just got to be smart, host offshore, have whois and keep everything private in my opinion. But as far as everyone else is saying, I agree that it will stop in the near future.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
I honestly thought Habbo would cave and open up a 'free' Habbo. But they've done well to stay up. Remember, the foreign community is much bigger and better.

Roper

Ancient Member
Jul 4, 2010
I honestly thought Habbo would cave and open up a 'free' Habbo. But they've done well to stay up. Remember, the foreign community is much bigger and better.
Habbo is free to play and enjoy, you just pay for a service such as coins or hc membership. If they made a completely free version how would they fund it and keep it running, as well as paying the staff members too?

Habbo has a lot of life in it and just because us 'old school players' don't like what they're doing, it doesn't mean younger people dislike it - infact it is all they know, and therefore enjoy it and will continue to use it.

They've got plenty of things in the works, so Dom says - which means new and existing users will have something to keep them occupied whilst they're checked into Habbo.

To all those saying that they won't go for retros. They're only really targeting the developers of the emulators and what not. For instance, they stopped Sojobo with Phoenix/Otaku and went to lengths such as freezing his bank account and taking his Mini Cooper. Retro owners are a target but it just isnt worth their time financially speaking - they could spend £2000 on bring a retro down that will be re opened under another name. What a waste of time and money. Sulake aren't stupid. Remember that.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
Habbo is free to play and enjoy, you just pay for a service such as coins or hc membership. If they made a completely free version how would they fund it and keep it running, as well as paying the staff members too?

Habbo has a lot of life in it and just because us 'old school players' don't like what they're doing, it doesn't mean younger people dislike it - infact it is all they know, and therefore enjoy it and will continue to use it.

They've got plenty of things in the works, so Dom says - which means new and existing users will have something to keep them occupied whilst they're checked into Habbo.

To all those saying that they won't go for retros. They're only really targeting the developers of the emulators and what not. For instance, they stopped Sojobo with Phoenix/Otaku and went to lengths such as freezing his bank account and taking his Mini Cooper. Retro owners are a target but it just isnt worth their time financially speaking - they could spend £2000 on bring a retro down that will be re opened under another name. What a waste of time and money. Sulake aren't stupid. Remember that.
But with that being said, a user can change their identity on the internet as easily as they can change their hotel name. There isn't any real way to stop them, I mean they can jail them, but what good is that doing? There's always going to be more people developing and what not.

Roper

Ancient Member
Jul 4, 2010
But with that being said, a user can change their identity on the internet as easily as they can change their hotel name. There isn't any real way to stop them, I mean they can jail them, but what good is that doing? There's always going to be more people developing and what not.
This is also true, but you can't hide forever! There will always be people developing, and that is why Habbo won't be disappearing any time soon!

0AK

Apr 14, 2015
Habbo should of been smart and made it so you can buy a license to host your own habbo, just like Minecraft did. The community would of been bigger and Habbo itself would of made a lot more money and wouldn't charge a ton for users to pay real money for in game credits.. however like i stated before Habbo wont be closing any time soon.

Roper

Ancient Member
Jul 4, 2010
Habbo should of been smart and made it so you can buy a license to host your own habbo, just like Minecraft did. The community would of been bigger and Habbo itself would of made a lot more money and wouldn't charge a ton for users to pay real money for in game credits.. however like i stated before Habbo wont be closing any time soon.
I don't think It would work as well as It has done with Minecraft, as the games are totally different. Also, knowing Sulake they'd want to charge a ridiculous charge for it too.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
I don't think It would work as well as It has done with Minecraft, as the games are totally different. Also, knowing Sulake they'd want to charge a ridiculous charge for it too.
But if they charged ridiculously for it, no one would buy it, so they wouldn't be making money. Also, hosting companies would offer it, same as Minecraft.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
But if they charged ridiculously for it, no one would buy it, so they wouldn't be making money. Also, hosting companies would offer it, same as Minecraft.
They could also offer upgrades and addons, new furniture, clothing and sell them as packs.

j0ker

$client = socket_accept($sock);
Dec 29, 2010
As we all know, Habbo have been hitting no-where near the numbers of people that it used to, back when I played in 2007-2009. With the closure of several of their foriegn hotels in the past few years, could we see an end to Habbo in the (near) future? Will retros remain after Habbo if indeed it does close? As a user who no longer plays Habbo or Retros because "i've grown out of it" - will more leave Habbo than join?

I remember a time when Habbo(.com) used to have celebs on it, live Q&A's with them and people used to queue for hours for it. 20,000 users online at these times at 10,000 normally.. Now it struggles to even hit 10,000.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on whether Habbo has a lengthy time period left or it'll close in the near future.
Yeah I agree, I remember when the Gorillaz came to habbo lol, it was a great time, tons of stuff to do, and when they combined .ca and .com thats when it really became apparent to me that they were dying off.. I'd say give it another couple years, I've noticed even retros and the retro scene has changed aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread