How long does Habbo have left?

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
As we all know, Habbo have been hitting no-where near the numbers of people that it used to, back when I played in 2007-2009. With the closure of several of their foriegn hotels in the past few years, could we see an end to Habbo in the (near) future? Will retros remain after Habbo if indeed it does close? As a user who no longer plays Habbo or Retros because "i've grown out of it" - will more leave Habbo than join?

I remember a time when Habbo(.com) used to have celebs on it, live Q&A's with them and people used to queue for hours for it. 20,000 users online at these times at 10,000 normally.. Now it struggles to even hit 10,000.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on whether Habbo has a lengthy time period left or it'll close in the near future.

Examed

Я весь высший лидер из вас всех
Aug 7, 2014
It'll die, most games do,but tbh you are right.I remember going on habbo and it had like 19,872 users online. Now it struggles to hit 4,000 it would appear.Sad days for the habbo users.

Fr4n

Dec 30, 2012
I haven't kept up with habbo or retros much these past months, but probably several years unless Habbo starts taking in user suggestions.

Xylo

邪悪
Jul 21, 2015
They pretty much set themselves up for disaser after they were on channel 4 news or whatever. The foreign hotels are all gone eventhough they had less users than .com, they are on a downward spiral but they can probably crawl for alot longer but I'd put money on it being gone by 2018 for sure.

SOUL

┼ ┼ ┼
Nov 10, 2015
Lack of advertisement has caused it to fall down hill , back in 2013 it was advertised over Google alot which attracted alot of attention.
Right now I don't see Habbo reaching to it's full potential

Xylo

邪悪
Jul 21, 2015
Lack of advertisement has caused it to fall down hill , back in 2013 it was advertised over Google alot which attracted alot of attention.
Right now I don't see Habbo reaching to it's full potential
It's advertised on Facebook, but it's definitely not being fully exposed like they could be doing.

Evilsmoothie

Mad kung-fu artist
Feb 11, 2013
Not long. Only reason it's still here is Elisa. Regarding retros, I think they'll stay for a little while after, maybe long after if people actually start making their shit unique.

SOUL

┼ ┼ ┼
Nov 10, 2015
Not long. Only reason it's still here is Elisa. Regarding retros, I think they'll stay for a little while after, maybe long after if people actually start making their shit unique.
If only they actually stopped postponing threats and did something about retros

Xylo

邪悪
Jul 21, 2015
I don't think the foreign retros will be gone anytime soon. After Habbo is gone, you won't have updated .swf's so it would be a permanent stop for new updates etc. But they could still prosper I think. English retros are going to be gone by the time Habbo is gone or following right after I feel like.

Purid33

Aug 31, 2015
I've been playing Habbo & Habbo retros since the famous/well-known Version 26 (v26) was being used. I was introduced to retros around 2007-2009 (I can't quite remember), but retros were making big numbers. Take some of these retros for example, Habplus (managed to hit 2000+ users at one point), Blah/Static (managed to hit 1500-2000+ users at one point), and now retros struggle for just 30 users alone. I can and will blame FindRetros for the retro downfall, why? Well, simply because when FindRetros were known as 'TheHabbos' the hotels listed on the first page were atleast averaging 25-1000 users from #1 to #25. So basically, if you managed to reach the first page on TheHabbos your user count would grow instantly. As you can see now being #5 on FindRetros doesn't even give you 20+ users. I myself believe that TheHabbos should have never made any-kind of changes. (@RastaLulz , @Sledmore)
As for Habbo, they shot themselves in the foot. Habbo is the reason why they are losing players, and retros are the reason why retros are losing players. Simple.

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
I've been playing Habbo & Habbo retros since the famous/well-known Version 26 (v26) was being used. I was introduced to retros around 2007-2009 (I can't quite remember), but retros were making big numbers. Take some of these retros for example, Habplus (managed to hit 2000+ users at one point), Blah/Static (managed to hit 1500-2000+ users at one point), and now retros struggle for just 30 users alone. I can and will blame FindRetros for the retro downfall, why? Well, simply because when FindRetros were known as 'TheHabbos' the hotels listed on the first page were atleast averaging 25-1000 users from #1 to #25. So basically, if you managed to reach the first page on TheHabbos your user count would grow instantly. As you can see now being #5 on FindRetros doesn't even give you 20+ users. I myself believe that TheHabbos should have never made any-kind of changes. (@RastaLulz , @Sledmore)
As for Habbo, they shot themselves in the foot. Habbo is the reason why they are losing players, and retros are the reason why retros are losing players. Simple.
And how is that FR fault? Not at all, the retros and Habbo have been dying for a little now, only the big ones such as boon, fresh and fatal and such will actually gain users just based on the fact of how long they've been open & active developers who know what they're doing. Retros and habbo are dying like said before for reasons not to do with FR.

Last edited:

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010

You obviously left and have only just came back then.

Marcel

You're the guy who stole my car
Jul 17, 2015
No, it's just when they released international hotel's they began to move to their separate country hotel.
Habbo.(com) will die out though. I do agree.

sowhat

Dec 20, 2013
Habbo never listen's to it's player, they only do their own thing's. making choices without the players approval

JPride

Jan 12, 2014
Not going to lie, It will be sad to see Habbo go, It's gone downhill so much these several years, However it will help our community a hell of a lot.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Habbo probably has several years left, unless they make some drastic changes such as making the UI easier to use and following user suggestions...Retro's on the other hand will just continue to fall down a steeper cliff as retros lose more and more overall users...

Users who are viewing this thread