How do boon not get sued?(opinions)

Thomasss

May 13, 2017
Thank you guys for all of your talk so far. So for instance is is was to say, What would be the key steps to not get caught if I made a retro?
What would I need apart from Cloudflare, VPS & Domain.

What do you guys suggest?

Kak

Posting Freak
Apr 21, 2017
Thank you guys for all of your talk so far. So for instance is is was to say, What would be the key steps to not get caught if I made a retro?
What would I need apart from Cloudflare, VPS & Domain.

What do you guys suggest?
honestly you wouldnt get caught unless your hotel was a big name and really out there like boon, rise, peace

Sly

I don't break the rules I bend them.
Oct 28, 2016
I agree with Westyy. As he said, so what if Habbo sue's Boon? People with just go on another hotel that being said its pointless and worthless if you like cheating go on retros if you want to enjoy the game as it is go on Habbo

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Depends on which Boon you're referring to, are you referring to:

Habboon.com
Habboon.net
Boon.pw
Boon.li
Boon.WhatTheFuck
Boon.ThisWillNeverEnd

All in all... I'm sure you get the gist of what I was trying to say ;)

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
u make ur domain habboo.com x) no one will suspect a thing!

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Depends on which Boon you're referring to, are you referring to:

Habboon.com
Habboon.net
Boon.pw
Boon.li
Boon.WhatTheFuck
Boon.ThisWillNeverEnd

All in all... I'm sure you get the gist of what I was trying to say ;)

Habboon hasn't once changed its domain due to Sulake.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Habboon hasn't once changed its domain due to Sulake.
That was an educated guess since I've noticed Boon has changed domains in the past and I couldn't see why this would be necessary (since the old domains also worked) unless it was because of something like a DMCA complaint. :rasta:

A good solution to avoiding DMCA would be to simply switching domains tho for the person who made this thread.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
That was an educated guess since I've noticed Boon has changed domains in the past and I couldn't see why this would be necessary (since the old domains also worked) unless it was because of something like a DMCA complaint. :rasta:

A good solution to avoiding DMCA would be to simply switching domains tho for the person who made this thread.

:p, we change usually due to fuckery with ourselves and AdSense (most recently, we changed due to SEO and phishing - changing gave us like a 25% user spike increase).

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I mean, not being able to take money is a dumb thing to say. They're able to take what that retro and or product is worth. Aaron's case, his brand new car and house was taken but later returned due to a negation deal made. As for Boon, that easily generates 4x the amount of profit Aaron ever could of made, it's however more of a deadend now. I'm sure Sulake isn't caring much as flash player has recently came to an end, so they need to work on moving over to HTML5 or finding alternative virtual games to develop to keep their position in the market.

Mikee

Jul 8, 2017
I mean, not being able to take money is a dumb thing to say. They're able to take what that retro and or product is worth. Aaron's case, his brand new car and house was taken but later returned due to a negation deal made. As for Boon, that easily generates 4x the amount of profit Aaron ever could of made, it's however more of a deadend now. I'm sure Sulake isn't caring much as flash player has recently came to an end, so they need to work on moving over to HTML5 or finding alternative virtual games to develop to keep their position in the market.
what does flash player have to do with boon not getting sued? It doesn't matter what technology boon or any other succesfull retros uses, we're stealing their IP. We could've recreated habbo using Unreal or Unity it wouldn't matter, at the end of the day we're taking their IP. That's the purpose of the question - "how hasn't boon gotten sued considering that boon is profiting off of their IP", if i were to rephrase this question in my words. It Has nothing to do with the technological stack.

Last edited:

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
what does flash player have to do with boon not getting sued? It doesn't matter what technology boon or any other succesfull retros uses, we're stealing their IP. We could've recreated habbo using Unreal or Unity it wouldn't matter, at the end of the day we're taking their IP. That's the purpose of the question - "how hasn't boon gotten sued considering that boon is profiting off of their IP", if i were to rephrase this question in my words. It Has nothing to do with the technological stack.
Flash has everything to do with it. A company losing money due to the technology that powered their apps losing global support isn’t going to focus on a few copy cat services when they’ll lose ALL their users by not adjusting fast enough

But retro people think they’re just large criminals who get away with it, truthfully they don’t care because it’s a small problem

Mikee

Jul 8, 2017
Flash has everything to do with it. A company losing money due to the technology that powered their apps losing global support isn’t going to focus on a few copy cat services when they’ll lose ALL their users by not adjusting fast enough

But retro people think they’re just large criminals who get away with it, truthfully they don’t care because it’s a small problem
Your point is valid if we assume habbo is an indie company running on a team of 5. But it's not and even has a parent company who I assume has a great legal team, whether it be inhouse or not. They can do multiple things at once, file lawsuits and improve their technology, because again their not a team of 5 but rather a large organization.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Your point is valid if we assume habbo is an indie company running on a team of 5. But it's not and even has a parent company who I assume has a great legal team, whether it be inhouse or not. They can do multiple things at once, file lawsuits and improve their technology, because again their not a team of 5 but rather a large organization.
Yeah, Sulake definitely is a large company who had an extremely small development team who has mostly resigned now.

Make your points when you investigate into the companies more. Sulake has been downsizing the past several years.

Not to mention, Elisa is using Sulake as a small side project more so than putting its legal team (which probably costs more than Sulake) to take down hotels with a few hundred users

Mikee

Jul 8, 2017
Yeah, Sulake definitely is a large company who had an extremely small development team who has mostly resigned now.

Make your points when you investigate into the companies more. Sulake has been downsizing the past several years.
Again, whether they've been downsizing or not is beyond the point. Their development team is not also their legal team. Different departments tend to different affairs. One department can tend to going into HTML5 while another can concern themselves with retros.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Again, whether they've been downsizing or not is beyond the point. Their development team is not also their legal team. Different departments tend to different affairs. One department can tend to going into HTML5 while another can concern themselves with retros.
Hard to have a team going into HTML5 when it resigned due to lack of funding.

Sulake doesn’t have an operation legal team on a global scope that can serve copyright infringements in court

Mikee

Jul 8, 2017
Hard to have a team going into HTML5 when it resigned due to lack of funding.

Sulake doesn’t have an operation legal team on a global scope that can serve copyright infringements in court. Plus it’s coming close to the 20 years mark
- 1.64 Billion Euros in revenue in 2016. If they wanted to sue retros they would, but the reason they arent has nothing to do with a lack of funding and needing to allocate what they have to a html5 switch. I doubt they had a board meeting which they came down to, "shall we go into html5 or shall we sue retros". The reason for why the aren't sueing boon is beyond the scope of the bottom line.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread