• I'm unsure

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Devbest should stay as a secondary domain to keep members who became inactive shortly, and also stay for a better feel and memory of the forum. <3. Habbo is actually most of the user population but I would say stick it like a gamer forum but have a section dedicated to Devbest with the Habbo and Developers area <3.

Obviously people will still be able to gain access via Devbest.com for a certain length of time.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
Devbest should stay as a secondary domain to keep members who became inactive shortly, and also stay for a better feel and memory of the forum. <3. Habbo is actually most of the user population but I would say stick it like a gamer forum but have a section dedicated to Devbest with the Habbo and Developers area <3.
No, if we are making this move, we need to get rid of Habbo. The fact is - if we aren't prepared to rid the forum of Habbo, then we aren't prepared to make a move to gamersbug.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Let's just slice the population of the users in here... if you prefer to have Habbo off on Gamersbug, then the next time it is established ... a splash screen would come up saying:

Hello (username)! There's a new home for gaming waiting for you... do you prefer staying at [link]DevBest[link] or do you want to explore [link]GamersBug[link] and decide later which forum you want your account to be migrated?

If you can do a migration system, where there'll be 2 databases ... one for GB, one for DB. If they choose GB, all their posts except for Habbo will get migrated on GB from DB along with their user info etc., but if they choose DB, then their account will stay on DB.

If it's confusing then I'm sorry. :)

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
Let's just slice the population of the users in here... if you prefer to have Habbo off on Gamersbug, then the next time it is established ... a splash screen would come up saying:

Hello (username)! There's a new home for gaming waiting for you... do you prefer staying at [link]DevBest[link] or do you want to explore [link]GamersBug[link] and decide later which forum you want your account to be migrated?

If you can do a migration system, where there'll be 2 databases ... one for GB, one for DB. If they choose GB, all their posts except for Habbo will get migrated on GB from DB along with their user info etc., but if they choose DB, then their account will stay on DB.

"Gamersbug or?".... Or means a 1 happens or the other happens, not both :)

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010

This sounds like it'd make GB fail and DB die, also goodluck moderating two forums.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
As I said, the majority of those in charge and veteran community members want Habbo gone, we've grown out of that stage. Push those Habbotards off to somewhere accepting, make a deal with OS or RZ that they get all your Habbo members. If Rasta or any staff isn't willing to give up Habbo, then don't move to gamersbug, or we'll take the Habbo infection with us.

Ept

Many men wish death upon me.
Jun 16, 2011
Look, it's nice that you all want Habbo gone, I do too to a certain extent. I'm not backing the habbotards, but most of us originated from Habbo. Maybe habbotards will like the switch, and develop for games like MC thus keeping the MMORPG sections/development in thrust. If the GB (gaming) community matures and habbotards don't, then I think it be best that we let go of the Habbo section. Otherwise, I suggest keeping Habbo for a short while and seeing what happens as if we let go of the Habbo section right away, those members will automatically leave thinking 'No Habbo? It's a bad forum'. If we give them time, then they might find other interests.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
Look, it's nice that you all want Habbo gone, I do too to a certain extent. I'm not backing the habbotards, but most of us originated from Habbo. Maybe habbotards will like the switch, and develop for games like MC thus keeping the MMORPG sections/development in thrust. If the GB (gaming) community matures and habbotards don't, then I think it be best that we let go of the Habbo section. Otherwise, I suggest keeping Habbo for a short while and seeing what happens as if we let go of the Habbo section right away, those members will automatically leave thinking 'No Habbo? It's a bad forum'. If we give them time, then they might find other interests.
My belief is we've been applying that strategy, they still haven't found other interests, even with the shoutbox habbo ban.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
I agree with ... give us a shot and see if anything would change.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Can none of you read?
ALL sections will remain the same (even habbo), we will just be pushing more towards gaming as it has a more mature base.
Meaning the gaming section will most likely be at the top of the forum instead of the current 'MMORPG development'

Does the name really matter? Yes us 'oldies' have known devbest as Devbest over the years. However if we do move to GamersBug, im pretty sure Josh will forward the Devbest domain towards the new one (old users will still find us)

All in all if we remove habbo alltogether, our active users will drop as there are alot of habbotards.

I am totally in for this, why? - Myself, , , and many other staff members are gamers, and would like a change. - Let's face it this forum was made back in the days when Josh was actually interested in Habbo, this forum was only made due to TheHabbos, then was renamed to DevBest. - How can you run something you don't enjoy? - Sure, most of the community may not like the change but look at it this way it's DevBests(GamersBug) future.

We'll still have;
  • MMORPG Server Files
  • Coding, Internet, & Technology

Livar

Now 35% cooler!
Oct 15, 2010
Can none of you read?
ALL sections will remain the same (even habbo), we will just be pushing more towards gaming as it has a more mature base.
Meaning the gaming section will most likely be at the top of the forum instead of the current 'MMORPG development'

Does the name really matter? Yes us 'oldies' have known devbest as Devbest over the years. However if we do move to GamersBug, im pretty sure Josh will forward the Devbest domain towards the new one (old users will still find us)

All in all if we remove habbo alltogether, our active users will drop as there are alot of habbotards.

Sums it all about.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Can none of you read?

Everybody has been suggesting about Habbo section's removal ... so everyone was just going against the suggestion of removing the section until it came to the point of messing up the whole conversation. Still vouching for the idea though...

Sent from my one touch T10 using Tapatalk 2

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
No, I understand what's going to happen. I just think that if we make the move, we will have to remove the Habbo section or we shouldn't make the move at all.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
No, I understand what's going to happen. I just think that if we make the move, we will have to remove the Habbo section or we shouldn't make the move at all.
The point of the move is not to dis-mantel the forum or get rid of anything that has been created within it, it's just to add more to it.

You don't have to remove anything to add something better? Habbo will slowly kill itself off the forum but that won't affect how the gaming will grow within the community, so I don't see a point of getting rid of Habbo? Just leave it there.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
The point of the move is not to dis-mantel the forum or get rid of anything that has been created within it, it's just to add more to it.

You don't have to remove anything to add something better? Habbo will slowly kill itself off the forum but that won't affect how the gaming will grow within the community, so I don't see a point of getting rid of Habbo? Just leave it there.
The point is, Habbo is carried with the DevBest name, that's what it was founded on, and that has been one of the only things that hasn't changed.
If we change the Domain and Name, then Habbo can't carry with us or it will again overtake our forums. What I'm trying to say is that, if we keep Habbo, then we should keep DevBest as well.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
The point is, Habbo is carried with the DevBest name, that's what it was founded on, and that has been one of the only things that hasn't changed.
If we change the Domain and Name, then Habbo can't carry with us or it will again overtake our forums. What I'm trying to say is that, if we keep Habbo, then we should keep DevBest as well.

I've read the full thread and your replies have stood out to me, we are moving to Gamerbugs so that does mean "Gaming" will become the number one discussion on the boards, the Habbo section will remain un-touched for Habbo users to use as normal. If I'm correct we did not say anything of Habbo or any other MMORPG being removed, we have pointed out that it will maybe die down but that's just something we need to take into consideration on a negative note that also counts for Minecraft. We are supporting every MMORPG out there since we are switching to a gaming community with only more sections being added.

OS and RZ replies are complete bullshit, why chase Habbo to them? We are supporting it and always will till users decide to not use the sections.

Please read this carefully and justify that we're improving the "Gaming" side of the forums, improving it making it more suitable for a new gaming community, instead of just one we have now which is infact Habbo members what staff are getting tired of.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
I've read the full thread and your replies have stood out to me, we are moving to Gamerbugs so that does mean "Gaming" will become the number one discussion on the boards, the Habbo section will remain un-touched for Habbo users to use as normal. If I'm correct we did not say anything of Habbo or any other MMORPG being removed, we have pointed out that it will maybe die down but that's just something we need to take into consideration on a negative note that also counts for Minecraft. We are supporting every MMORPG out there since we are switching to a gaming community with only more sections being added.

OS and RZ replies are complete bullshit, why chase Habbo to them? We are supporting it and always will till users decide to not use the sections.

Please read this carefully and justify that we're improving the "Gaming" side of the forums, improving it making it more suitable for a new gaming community, instead of just one we have now which is infact Habbo members what staff are getting tired of.
My point has been made, I'm done replying. Thank you.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
I find it odd how you want to make this switch, we have a gaming section already do we not? It's not a very active section....
Shouldn't you figure out how to make this section more alive before making a switch?

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
I find it odd how you want to make this switch, we have a gaming section already do we not? It's not a very active section....
Shouldn't you figure out how to make this section more alive before making a switch?

For a more mature community. - It'll push Habbo down and get more gamers interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread