• I'm unsure

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
We have been discussing a lot about the future of Devbest and the changes it's about to face through time, as said staff have decided to make a few changes such as;

• Domain
  • Gaming Discussion as it's spotlight
  • Re-arrange a few sections making sure it's fitting for gaming and other members needs
  • New Theme
And so on, we've set up a poll for you to vote on these changes. You can also comment your feed-back or other domain choices below. Please make sure you only comment your feed-back and wait for a response so that we can keep the thread neat and spam free.

bullied me into doing this so credits go to them ha.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I totally vouch for this idea. Finally some good changes on DevBest. Gaming has a much bigger user base then Development, and most of the users on DevBest don't even know how to code.

I really see forward to the upcoming changes.

iHarrison

Mar 11, 2012
I honestly think that this is an epic idea. I enjoy gaming and it would be great to join a forum that is focused on the same topic.

The only thing I'm not sure on is the new name, it would be weird losing the DevBest name and heading off to something else.

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
Nuuu I wuv current devbest

I'd like to say that if we change to GamersBug, development sections would remain. The main spotlight, would be on gaming. All of the MMORPG Server Files & Coders Paradise sections will remain.
<3 Wouldnt bug me then just change name...Gamersbug makes me think of Gettysburg for some reason.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
I totally vouch for this idea. Finally some good changes on DevBest. Gaming has a much bigger user base then Development, and most of the users on DevBest don't even know how to code.

There won't be a lot of changes since we're just changing the spot light really and tweaking some features so it fits the gaming look.

I honestly think that this is an epic idea. I enjoy gaming and it would be great to join a forum that is focused on the same topic.

The only thing I'm not sure on is the new name, it would be weird losing the DevBest name and heading off to something else.

It'll feel weird at first however Gamersbug.com is more of a gaming domain with more of a supportive URL "supporting" the type of forum we have. Personally I like Gamersbug and it'll make a leet forum.

Thanks for your feed-back guys!

Ept

Many men wish death upon me.
Jun 16, 2011

I'd like to say that if we change to GamersBug, development sections would remain. The main spotlight, would be on gaming. All of the MMORPG Server Files & Coders Paradise sections will remain.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
There won't be a lot of changes since we're just changing the spot light really and tweaking some features so it fits the gaming look.

I know, however a name change(/domain change) and changing the spotlight are still some major changes imo. And I am looking forward to it. Always have supported a bigger focus on Gaming on DevBest.

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
I may support it if theres not a total change. However I just couldnt see Canadian trolling over a bunch of Black Ops 2 posts <3. Would logo be changed though//Make devbest use the "Metro" theme released on Xenforo if you can find it.

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
Will we keep up with habbo or try to move away. Either way, I am on board. Love games and I am soon to be a Youtube Game reviewer

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Will we keep up with habbo or try to move away. Either way, I am on board. Love games and I am soon to be a Youtube Game reviewer

We currently have a massive "Habbo" population if this change does take effect and Habbo does start to ware off the forums that's something we'll have to pass on with a negative note simply because the gaming population is much more mature and much more interesting discussions that people can engage in.

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
We currently have a massive "Habbo" population if this change does take effect and Habbo does start to ware off the forums that's something we'll have to pass on with a negative note because simply the gaming population is much more mature and much more interesting discussions that people can engage in.
Well, I can agree on that note. There are a lot of gamers 16 and older, which do not like Habbo or havn't even heard of Habbo. (Which is a good thing). The forum has become a place for a lot of 'kids' to run around and make meaningless 'retros'. If we were to become more 'gaming' and less 'habboish', this would probably be a more mature and adult-like forum.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
The name change is a good idea to go with the flow of the gaming atmosphere.

I love that we're going to focus more on gaming and give it more-or-less a spotlight in the community but I'm just concerned about a few things; opposed to half of the people on these forums I'm just thinking that moving to gaming would uhrm, basically make Habbo died off completely in the forum, what I'm getting to is that won't it basically kill what made the forum what it is today?

Nevertheless, I'm sure our user base will grow fast and in a good direction.

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
I would welcome these changes to the forum itself. The internet is becoming more and more populated with gamers and not how it was 2-3 years ago. (MMORPG's were dominating the internet itself).

I would dislike having a new theme though, seeming as "the forum" is known for its theme hence why other newbie forums buy the theme to try and create their own version of DevBest. Myself as a keen gamer, would love to see the changes take place!

Roll-on the new DevBest.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
The name change is a good idea to go with the flow of the gaming atmosphere.

I love that we're going to focus more on gaming and give it more-or-less a spotlight in the community but I'm just concerned about a few things; opposed to half of the people on these forums I'm just thinking that moving to gaming would uhrm, basically make Habbo died off completely in the forum, what I'm getting to is that won't it basically kill what made the forum what it is today?

Nevertheless, I'm sure our user base will grow fast and in a good direction.
The MMORPGs section will remain, they only will be pushed to a lower place. I don't think Habbo will die off, because still a lot of people will post support threads etc. And face it, the Habbo section already is dieing. There are almost none good releases, the RevCMS development has been stopped for a while to. The only thing that still lives in the Habbo section is noobs who think they can make a retro and come with the same questions over and over. If you search for: black client/white client you will get hundreds of threads with the same awnsers.

And even if Habbo died off, who actually cares? I know, its the base where DevBest started off, but is there anyone who will actually miss those little kids who only ask for help? And the true developers will still post their releases in the Habbo section.

So imo the community can't get worse, it only can get better if we move our focus to gaming. Like zMagenta already said, the internet is getting more and more populated with gamers. And with all the upcoming games like GTA V, it will only get bigger. There is a much larger variety of games then MMORPGs.

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011
I think it has been stated for a couple of times that the sections stay.

I was just putting my input and I already had know that it said they will stay hence why I said good idea aslong as the sections stay!

Crup

weeeeee
Jul 25, 2010
Well it is about to become 2013, a new year. DevBest has been stuck with the same looks for 2 years, I guess some knew changes will be great but you should rather make it a Gaming and Development forum and keep the domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread