• I'm unsure

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aercor

The Official Gay
Oct 1, 2011
I love the idea, DevBest is mainly known for Habbo. Kinda think the community could become larger. I'd rather talk about games, than just random stuff and Habbo 24/7. This way we have random stuff, habbo, and lots of other games ;D

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
I love the idea, DevBest is mainly known for Habbo. Kinda think the community could become larger. I'd rather talk about games, than just random stuff and Habbo 24/7. This way we have random stuff, habbo, and lots of other games ;D
Let me tell you how to solve your problem, TALK ABOUT GAMES IN THE SHOUTBOX. Don't like that? CREATE A THREAD IN THE GAMING SECTION.

This switch doesn't mean we'll all magically start talking about games. You'll have all the same active members, if we didn't bother talking about games before, we wont after.

ButtLord420

Please delete my devbest account.
Dec 11, 2010
I like how devbest has the whole "Introductions" and all that. Don't remove that because this makes people feel welcome.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
I like how devbest has the whole "Introductions" and all that. Don't remove that because this makes people feel welcome.
Gamersbug will aswell.

As stated already, everything would be the same, just a new domain and an expansion to the gaming section

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
Honestly I vouch the idea but DevBest is a one in a time name and domain we will have and I wouldn't advise changing it...

ButtLord420

Dec 11, 2010
Gamersbug will aswell.

As stated already, everything would be the same, just a new domain and an expansion to the gaming section
There would have to be a redirect so we don't get broken links hopefully.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
I find it odd how you want to make this switch, we have a gaming section already do we not? It's not a very active section....
Shouldn't you figure out how to make this section more alive before making a switch?

Although i like and support the idea ^ he has a good point. DevBest already has a gaming section, its just not very active. Even if you were to introduce more gaming boards, it wouldn't change anything, habbo will still dominate the forum, gamersbug or not. It sounds like a good idea but when you put the cards on the table and in a couple months time once a change has happened can you really see what was a major habbo discussion forum developed into a major all-round gaming forum because of the introduction of a new name and few extra forums into a section that is already, not very active.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Although i like and support the idea ^ he has a good point. DevBest already has a gaming section, its just not very active. Even if you were to introduce more gaming boards, it wouldn't change anything, habbo will still dominate the forum, gamersbug or not. It sounds like a good idea but when you put the cards on the table and in a couple months time once a change has happened can you really see what was a major habbo discussion forum developed into a major all-round gaming forum because of the introduction of a new name and few extra forums into a section that is already, not very active.
Currently Gaming is more active then Habbo (if you don't count the support threads) and Coders Paradise. Also when you are going to focus on Gaming, other members will join who are interested in gaming. So I don't agree with you in any way.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
As soon as you change the focus to gaming, the amount of rival forums multiply's dramatically. Finding people to join a newly transitioned habbo/gaming forum won't be easy.

And to prove habbo dominates gaming in devbest,

d7aeb0ab470036f567770cd6a75ed4ca.png

714717fc07e9e269eb79ad897df64056.png

I'd love it if devbest made the transition and it was successful but you've got to be realistic.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
As soon as you change the focus to gaming, the amount of rival forums multiply's dramatically. Finding people to join a newly transitioned habbo/gaming forum won't be easy.

And to prove habbo dominates gaming in devbest,

d7aeb0ab470036f567770cd6a75ed4ca.png

714717fc07e9e269eb79ad897df64056.png

I'd love it if devbest made the transition and it was successful but you've got to be realistic.
Realistic? You don't even know where you are taling about. Habbo Hotel has been here since the beginning, because that whas the reason DevBest started. Also, most of the discussions are Support & Help threads. If you compare Gaming and Habbo in topics that really matter, Gaming would win big time. Also who cares about the rival forums? We have rival forums now to, I don't see the problem, what are the rival forums planning to do?

And we don't need to "find" people, people will join when they like the forums.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
Every Habbo section just about gets 1 thread a day, gaming on the other hand once every couple of days. It doesnt matter if its a topic that actually matters or not, a topic is a topic.

The more rival forums means the more choice people have to go to anther forum. As canadian said a few posts ago, you cant just change the name, add a few forum sections and expect the whole gaming/habbo weight to be lifted. You can't just change your whole forum focus and expect new gaming users to join without any persuasion, thats like opening a hotel and expecting people are going to automatically join, it won't work like that. People from our current rival forums will still see this forum as devbest and will still come here to post habbo and nothing else.

Im done discussing this, ive made my point.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Every Habbo section just about gets 1 thread a day, gaming on the other hand once every couple of days. It doesnt matter if its a topic that actually matters or not, a topic is a topic.

The more rival forums means the more choice people have to go to anther forum. As canadian said a few posts ago, you cant just change the name, add a few forum sections and expect the whole gaming/habbo weight to be lifted. You can't just change your whole forum focus and expect new gaming users to join without any persuasion, thats like opening a hotel and expecting people are going to automatically join, it won't work like that. People from our current rival forums will still see this forum as devbest and will still come here to post habbo and nothing else.

Im done discussing this, ive made my point.
Yes, an invalid point. A topic isn't a topic, most of the Habbo people who come for Habbo open 1 support thread, and leave right after. They aren't active in any other sections. If you go to the Habbo section and you check the amount of discussions every sub-forum has, almost ALL topics are from Help & Support.

And Habbo is a game, so what the fuck are you talking about? If you read the comments, all the current (sub-)forums will remain. And yes, in a matter of fact, more active members will join because the gaming croud is more mature. And the already active members will not go to another forum because they are loyal to DevBest, so it can only become better. And like I already said they aren't changing the WHOLE forum, it seems like you are engaging in a discussion you don't know shit about. They are only changing the focus to Gaming. And people still can come to DevBest to post habbo related things, because they will REMAIN.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
When did i say people would leave because habbo would no longer be the main focus?
When did i say all habbo shit wouldn't remain?

The whole point of this thread is so that they could find out what our thoughts about a possible move are, i stated my opinion, you need to accept that and not bitch about it because it isn't the opinion you want people to have. Read the thread for god sakes.
Please make sure you only comment your feed-back
Everyone is entitled their own opinion.

(I'm deleting my previous posts because its pointless argument)

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
When did i say people would leave because habbo would no longer be the main focus?
When did i say all habbo shit wouldn't remain?

The whole point of this thread is so that they could find out what our thoughts about a possible move are, i stated my opinion, you need to accept that and not bitch about it because it isn't the opinion you want people to have. Read the thread for god sakes.

Everyone is entitled their own opinion.

(I'm deleting my previous posts because its pointless argument)
Yes, and I am giving my opinion on your opinion. I never said you aren't entitled in your own opinion. However you started giving false 'facts', and I have the rights to prove them wrong. And removing your previous posts isn't giving any feedback for further people who want to comment on this. You can better remove your latest post.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
There are not facts to be proven wrong in my original post.

Btw, i deleted my posts because that discussion escalated for no reason, you stated your opinion on my post, it should of been left there.

Aercor

The Official Gay
Oct 1, 2011
Gamersbug will aswell.

Will the database be the same or we will lose our names // posts and all that stuff

ButtLord420

Dec 11, 2010
I kinda disagree, start fresh or something. But that's just me :p
Rasta will loose people...... Alot of people might come because of Habbo and if it starts fresh........ then people might leave because no posts. Plus it is unfair for people with subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread