• I'm unsure

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aercor

The Official Gay
Oct 1, 2011
As stated already EVERYTHING will be the same. other than a new name and the gaming section would be slightly changed around a bit

I think we should atleast clean up accounts that haven't been accessed in so long to provide more usernames for new users. I mean whats the point in keeping a account that was accessed 1 year ago, one time, with only 1-2 posts.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
I think we should atleast clean up accounts that haven't been accessed in so long to provide more usernames for new users. I mean whats the point in keeping a account that was accessed 1 year ago, one time, with only 1-2 posts.
Thats something that will need to be discussed, including nubs that make multi accounts to bypass an exisiting ban.
This is not a user issue, this is something the staff will need to discuss.

However, some users to log in now and then from accounts with 0-10 posts mostly to lurk and leech (mostly habbotards).
Also by deleting accounts, a user may return after not been active for so long (there have been a few already) so something like this may be a bit of a pain in the arse to sort out etc....

Aercor

The Official Gay
Oct 1, 2011
Thats something that will need to be discussed, including nubs that make multi accounts to bypass an exisiting ban.
This is not a user issue, this is something the staff will need to discuss.

However, some users to log in now and then from accounts with 0-10 posts mostly to lurk and leech (mostly habbotards).
Also by deleting accounts, a user may return after not been active for so long (there have been a few already) so something like this may be a bit of a pain in the arse to sort out etc....

Alrighty, thanks for the quick help.

Zak

Posting Freak
Mar 12, 2011
I agree since there is more Gaming talk then Development talk. There is a lack of developers and developments too. Devbest is more of a general forum where we talk about any shit to be honest.

Robbo

Cooked unit
Jan 5, 2013
I dont reckon we should change, we have been devbest for a long time and been known as a Developers Forum. We should stick with this and make a new forums just upload the db file from this forums over to gamersbug. Hence if people like the new forums and this one dies out then thats when people will switch, should be like a personal choice.

DevBest or GamersBug.

Deion

Posting Freak
Jul 3, 2010
I dont reckon we should change, we have been devbest for a long time and been known as a Developers Forum. We should stick with this and make a new forums just upload the db file from this forums over to gamersbug. Hence if people like the new forums and this one dies out then thats when people will switch, should be like a personal choice.

DevBest or GamersBug.
That sounds dumb. What's the point of having two forums with the same user accounts?

Robbo

Cooked unit
Jan 5, 2013
That sounds dumb. What's the point of having two forums with the same user accounts?
Easier choice and then it would rely on the members opinions, just my opinion your buying a new domain anyway so why not do the idea? Mhm?

Deion

Posting Freak
Jul 3, 2010
Easier choice and then it would rely on the members opinions, just my opinion your buying a new domain anyway so why not do the idea? Mhm?
That's like splitting a community in the half, letting one go somewhere else, and the other stay. What if one get's closed due to the other one's overpowering it? The members would just leave? This idea doesn't make any sense to me, sorry to say.

Robbo

Cooked unit
Jan 5, 2013
That's like splitting a community in the half, letting one go somewhere else, and the other stay. What if one get's closed due to the other one's overpowering it? The members would just leave? This idea doesn't make any sense to me, sorry to say.

If the community died then they would move over to gamersbug its practically the same thing, except make devbest have a landing page so when the people on thehabbos click the forums then they can have a say. Gamersbug or DevBest? Am i a gamer or a developer, if it splits the community in half and one overpowers the other one well all i can say it shit happens. They will then make the choice and go over to gamersbug shit

Deion

Posting Freak
Jul 3, 2010
If the community died then they would move over to gamersbug its practically the same thing, except make devbest have a landing page so when the people on thehabbos click the forums and they can have a say. Gamersbug or DevBest? Am i a gamer or a developer, if it splits the community in half and one overpowers the other one well all i can say it shit happens. They will then make the choice and go over to gamersbug shit
Okay, you're gaining posts on one forum then it closes. You then have to go start a whole new reputation on the other?

Also it's not whether between gaming and developing, either way it'll have both. It's just changing the major/core of the forums to another topic, though it will still have the other topic within it. There's no point of having two separate forums when you could just have one with the other..

Robbo

Cooked unit
Jan 5, 2013
Okay, you're gaining posts on one forum then it closes. You then have to go start a whole new reputation on the other?

Also it's not whether between gaming and developing, either way it'll have both. It's just changing the major/core of the forums to another topic, though it will still have the other topic within it. There's no point of having two separate forums when you could just have one with the other..

Take this to pm, because this has turned into a conversation.

OT: Its just my opinion and if it does come into a person gaining a certain amount of posts i dont see how download a users table is hard then re-uploading it on the new db? I just believe it would be better if we let a forums just fade into a new one.

Robbo

Cooked unit
Jan 5, 2013
Can't you read? Its one or the other, not both.

If i couldnt read i wouldnt of been able to signup, i know it is but im suggesting that we dont do it that way and we do it this other way. Can you fuck off?

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
There is no point in doing 2 forums, its just pointless, especially considering DevBest doesn't have enough dedicated users for it anyways. One would be more popular than the other, and it would be most likely DevBest. I'm not sure about everyone else, but i wouldn't want to transition to a second forum with a new account just for some extra forum boards, id just stay on DevBest and put up with the current gaming boards. Its easy for you to say when you joined a few days ago.

Anyways, as i said, its most likely going to be one or the other, not both.

Robbo

Cooked unit
Jan 5, 2013
There is no point in doing 2 forums, its just pointless, especially considering DevBest doesn't have enough dedicated users for it anyways. One would be more popular than the other, and it would be most likely DevBest. I'm not sure about everyone else, but i wouldn't want to transition to a second forum with a new account just for some extra forum boards, id just stay on DevBest and put up with the current gaming boards. Its easy for you to say when you joined a few days ago.

Anyways, as i said, its most likely going to be one or the other, not both.

I actually didnt join a few days ago i've been part of this community for ages i just forgot my username and password since i havent been on my computer in a while. So fuck you and i wouldnt like to fade into another forums but im putting my opinion and i dont care if its choose this or that. Im saying what i want to say and you can either be quiet or just keep replying back because i dont give a fuck about what you have to say anymore. Im done

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
I actually didnt join a few days ago i've been part of this community for ages i just forgot my username and password since i havent been on my computer in a while. So fuck you and i wouldnt like to fade into another forums but im putting my opinion and i dont care if its choose this or that. Im saying what i want to say and you can either be quiet or just keep replying back because i dont give a fuck about what you have to say anymore. Im done

What i read from that post was a lot of anger for no reason and the fact that what your suggesting, you don't really like what it involves.

Robbo

Cooked unit
Jan 5, 2013
What i read from that post was a lot of anger for no reason and the fact that what your suggesting, you don't really like what it involves.
Anger and frustration combined into one, im not posting anymore because this is off topic spam. Cya

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
Sorry Mr Moderator.

OT: Its pointless suggesting things that involve changing things that are clearly stated that they wont be changed throughout the thread, it doesn't help whatsoever, it just causes heated conversations like this because you fail to take on board what has been said previously.

I'd suggest if you want to help, post suggestions that oblige to what has been said by staff previously.

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
Keep the name? Change the name?
35x3zp.jpg

No, no why not just expand the gaming section? Keep the name? I mean.. I don't see the harm in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread