• I'm unsure

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
Well it is about to become 2013, a new year. DevBest has been stuck with the same looks for 2 years, I guess some knew changes will be great but you should rather make it a Gaming and Development forum and keep the domain.
Are you new?
We've recently switched our default theme. Don't give me this same look for 2 years crap...

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
I may support it if theres not a total change. However I just couldnt see Canadian trolling over a bunch of Black Ops 2 posts <3. Would logo be changed though//Make devbest use the "Metro" theme released on Xenforo if you can find it.
If the theme were to change, it'd most likely be custom done, either by myself or someone else.
Why change the domain?
I don't like change, it seams to be running perfectly, no reason to change the domain.
The domain itself is geared towards a community of development, not gaming.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
If the theme were to change, it'd most likely be custom done, either by myself or someone else.

So you're saying dump 2/3ds of the community by changing it to a gaming forum?
Just delete the habbo section and DB is fucking perfect. Check the sections you'd notice that gaming sections aren't as popular as the developments and coding releases that are going on. I honestly don't see a point in changing things especially when you're doing this good, you're just like Facebook/Youtube.

TL;DR: Read the above

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
So you're saying dump 2/3ds of the community by changing it to a gaming forum?
Just delete the habbo section and DB is fucking perfect. Check the sections you'd notice that gaming sections aren't as popular as the developments and coding releases that are going on. I honestly don't see a point in changing things especially when you're doing this good, you're just like Facebook/Youtube.

TL;DR: Read the above
We aren't dumping anything. We are simply making the forums more geared towards gaming, as I'm sure more people here game then code. Gaming is also a lot more fun and has a wider audience. The same sections will remain here regardless.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
We aren't dumping anything. We are simply making the forums more geared towards gaming, as I'm sure more people here game then code. Gaming is also a lot more fun and has a wider audience. The same sections will remain here regardless.
I was under the impression that you where just formatting the forum and re-doing it. I don't see how this would effect the forum then? Just a new name and a new domain, basically?

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
I was under the impression that you where just formatting the forum and re-doing it. I don't see how this would effect the forum then? Just a new name and a new domain, basically?
A new domain would be nice I suppose but suggestion: Take the forum link off of thehabbos.org so that thehabbos users are not finding devbest :D

Deion

Posting Freak
Jul 3, 2010
A new domain would be nice I suppose but suggestion: Take the forum link off of thehabbos.org so that thehabbos users are not finding devbest :D
Half of us came from TheHabbos, and now look where we are. We're doing other stuff, so what makes you think more people won't change into doing the things we recommend doing? I mean, some people changed from habbo to other games, what makes you think they can't do the same?

I follow this plan, seeing that there are actually more gamers than developers, but what will this change? I heard 'gameplay's, new selections, ect', but I honestly don't think anything would change. More users will still be interested in their habbo life rather than posting anything about reviews, gameplays, or even bothering to stream anything.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Vouch for this idea. Hopefully, it'll mean the forum can move on and leave half the 'habbo/retro' kiddies in the dust

ButtLord420

Please delete my devbest account.
Dec 11, 2010
awesome. But still keep developments alive. But maybe make a game developments and a etc developments.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Gaming ... Habbo is still under 'gaming' so I think it's good enough. DevBest is a cool name, but GamersBug makes me think like... a bug playing games?

And I agree with , quit changing themes. Rather, start making new subscriptions. :)

DcSelby

DcSelby is the boss.
Jul 19, 2012
DevBest is DevBest. People came here, because this is DevBest. A widespread forum, interesting to read and full of different people.

Why change that, when you have everything you need for a good forum?

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
I am totally in for this, why? - Myself, , , and many other staff members are gamers, and would like a change. - Let's face it this forum was made back in the days when Josh was actually interested in Habbo, this forum was only made due to TheHabbos, then was renamed to DevBest. - How can you run something you don't enjoy? - Sure, most of the community may not like the change but look at it this way it's DevBests(GamersBug) future.

We'll still have;
  • MMORPG Server Files
  • Coding, Internet, & Technology
And more, but we'll expand on gaming which is all for a more mature user base. Do you know how annoying (and yes, I do Habbo related stuff myself) it is having to deal with stupid off-topic report threads daily and what not. - Be so cool to grow our user base even more, Habbo will stay but slowly fade out as people move on.

That's my thoughts on it anyway.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
Regardless of my previous comments on this thread and in the s/b about this topic I've have a change of heart and think most of you should.

As Craig said above, Josh has been out of Habbo for a while now and why would he continue doing something that he doesn't like? Personally I've come to the conclusion that the forum has out-grown its people and if we went for a drastic change like this we could maybe revive and aim for a nicer/mature user-base; I'm not really fond of the new name we're going to but you know that's the least of the problems. As-long as (and we know they will because it has been said in this thread countless times) the sections that we have now remain then I think the forum is going in a better direction.

I'm in.

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012

Keep the domain as a second link to the forum <3 <3 I dont want to remember GAMERSFUCK.com

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
Leave the domain. DevBest has been a part of my life since I've joined and I can't fathom it being any different. Keep the domain, but make the main focus gaming.

EDIT: After reading through some of the comments, I've changed my mind a bit. The main focus should be gaming, but I would like to ditch Habbo. There's no reason to support something only 45% of our userbase supports. Besides, I'm not going to say the R and O words here, but there are other forums available for Habbo users and developers.

On the Down Side: There are MANY more forums geared towards gaming than there are forums about Habbo Development. If we were to switch out of MMORPG (Habbo) Dev, we would be entering a flooded market. Meaning, we'd lose 45% of our community which is geared towards Habbo, while not gaining very much more users since they already have other gaming homes. Just a thought.

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
Leave the domain. DevBest has been a part of my life forever and I can't fathom it being any different. Keep the domain, but make the main focus gaming.
DevBest is a domain toward Developing(coding). Not gaming, would be stupid to keep the domain DevBest

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
DevBest is a domain toward Developing(coding). Not gaming, would be stupid to keep the domain DevBest
I feel ya there, but My idea is simple: if we do make this change, we should remove Habbo from our sections. It wouldn't be a true change unless we did. Unless we get Habbo out of our Blood, we will always be attached to TheHabbos and the current name.

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
Devbest should stay as a secondary domain to keep members who became inactive shortly, and also stay for a better feel and memory of the forum. <3. Habbo is actually most of the user population but I would say stick it like a gamer forum but have a section dedicated to Devbest with the Habbo and Developers area <3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread