PC [DEV] [MINECRAFT] Outbreak - Zombies, Infection, Loot, Guns, Events (Helicopter Crash Sites, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DingLyDellmeister

To Ding, or to Dell.
Aug 21, 2011
Since everyone seems to be complimenting it, I thought I'd join in...
Day #75:
It's been 75 days...and the server still isn't public. I've come here to check every hour...I've been losing sleep over it...but no...it's still closed...

Day #76:
I'm not sure I can last much longer...It....must....open....

Day #12309:
The wait is beginning to drive me insane...And I'm losing track of the time...

Day #78:
I understand now. The server is open, but only to those at the bottom of this cliff...To reach the server...I have to jump.
Goodbye, old world. GERONIMO

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
Since everyone seems to be complimenting it, I thought I'd join in...
Day #75:
It's been 75 days...and the server still isn't public. I've come here to check every hour...I've been losing sleep over it...but no...it's still closed...

Day #76:
I'm not sure I can last much longer...It....must....open....

Day #12309:
The wait is beginning to drive me insane...And I'm losing track of the time...

Day #78:
I understand now. The server is open, but only to those at the bottom of this cliff...To reach the server...I have to jump.
Goodbye, old world. GERONIMO
It will be open to public when Ready. I'd rather it open when it's ready & be stable then open And be buggy. Be patient.

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
I think this Wikipedia page may help you.
"Since everyone seems to be complimenting it, I thought I'd join in..."
everyone was giving good 'Serious' comments not jokes, as you said to join in. so your comment made no sense :)

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Big changelog today! I'm going to start creating and populating a wiki so people know how to play it.

Changelog (23112014a)

- Added back grenade
- Added back tear gas
- Removed legacy code which treats grenade as a gun type
- Removed legacy code which treats tear gas as a gun type
- Added grenade to helicopter crash site loot
- Added tear gas to helicopter crash site loot
- Added more dynamic events around the map
- Added graveyard and tower as dynamic ruin
- Added small stone structure as a dynamic ruin
- Buffed zombies, changed AI
- When zombies notice you, they'll now charge.
- There is two zombie modes, docile and hostile, docile is when they don't know your there and hositle is when they'll charge after you.
- Upon disturbing a zombie, a zombie will make a low pitch noise, suggesting it's saw you
- Increased zombie range up to 20 blocks around the current zombie (to alert other zombies nearby) when shooting one
- Removed force respawn upon death
- Changed tent to 'Civillian Tent'
- Fixed a bug where if a helicopter crash site would be reset, the grass where the helicopter was would be deleted
- Fixed a bug where helicopter blocks would save after restart, causing having to do map restarts
- 6 ruins now appear randomly very restart, 3 of the small and 3 of the big, along with helicopter crash sites

CxBBV44.png

QoyQ4iL.jpg

BR4DLEY

Web Developer
Jan 2, 2012
Big changelog today! I'm going to start creating and populating a wiki so people know how to play it.

Changelog (23112014a)

- Added back grenade
- Added back tear gas
- Removed legacy code which treats grenade as a gun type
- Removed legacy code which treats tear gas as a gun type
- Added grenade to helicopter crash site loot
- Added tear gas to helicopter crash site loot
- Added more dynamic events around the map
- Added graveyard and tower as dynamic ruin
- Added small stone structure as a dynamic ruin
- Buffed zombies, changed AI
- When zombies notice you, they'll now charge.
- There is two zombie modes, docile and hostile, docile is when they don't know your there and hositle is when they'll charge after you.
- Upon disturbing a zombie, a zombie will make a low pitch noise, suggesting it's saw you
- Increased zombie range up to 20 blocks around the current zombie (to alert other zombies nearby) when shooting one
- Removed force respawn upon death
- Changed tent to 'Civillian Tent'
- Fixed a bug where if a helicopter crash site would be reset, the grass where the helicopter was would be deleted
- Fixed a bug where helicopter blocks would save after restart, causing having to do map restarts
- 6 ruins now appear randomly very restart, 3 of the small and 3 of the big, along with helicopter crash sites

CxBBV44.png

QoyQ4iL.jpg
Would there be some form of world boarder?

BR4DLEY

Web Developer
Jan 2, 2012
10,000m² border, so 5000 blocks to -5000 :)

Here's a diagram to make sense.

NBMsj3G.png

Obviously there is a shit load of space, for everyone to setup campsites and bases and to also add more static loot locations.
Awesome, Hopefully this is released soon:up:

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
an underground tunnel system should be added :3 with the nice remnants of a city before the outbreak

Last edited:

Jxck

got that old thing back
Apr 5, 2014
This is a fantastic project and It looks great already!

I think this would benefit from a huge deserted city type build. The players could then fortify current buildings etc. instead of going off and building from scratch.

Good Luck with the development!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nullError

Feb 15, 2013
This might extend this into a mod, but you should add custom blocks, like barricades , traps etc. It would be pretty cool and beneficial.

DingLyDellmeister

To Ding, or to Dell.
Aug 21, 2011
This might extend this into a mod, but you should add custom blocks, like barricades , traps etc. It would be pretty cool and beneficial.
If the server requires a custom resource pack, he could re-texture unobtainable blocks such as chiselled stone brick, command blocks and possibly dragon eggs.

BR4DLEY

Web Developer
Jan 2, 2012
I think it'd be more fun as a mod, reason being you could actually add guns and stuff.
This will just be run on a bukkit server right?

nullError

Feb 15, 2013
Yeah, see how the plugin goes. If you get enough money / support maybe make it into a mod with a few official servers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread