PC [DEV] [MINECRAFT] Outbreak - Zombies, Infection, Loot, Guns, Events (Helicopter Crash Sites, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
No updates at the moment guys. I've had some personal issues I've been needing to deal with.

This is a fantastic project and It looks great already!

I think this would benefit from a huge deserted city type build. The players could then fortify current buildings etc. instead of going off and building from scratch.

Good Luck with the development!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I've decided (I've been meaning to update the main thread) that players won't be able to break and place every block they desire, reason being is that the map would be considerably griefed.

Which is why I've added the ability for players to place tents at the moment and I'll add more base-building material in future, right now it's just a WIP, but it works.

This might extend this into a mod, but you should add custom blocks, like barricades , traps etc. It would be pretty cool and beneficial.

I'd love to create my own mod but right now I lack the experience to do so, if I were it would probably be one of those Tekkit mods, I wish to, in future research and create my own standalone mulitplayer game.

After all, DayZ first started as a mod for ArmA II then it became it's own game (due to the DayZ mod being limited to what ArmA II could do).

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Holy shit, another huge changelog!

- Updated to Spigot 1.8 (now using 1.8 features!)
- Started wiki
- Added Summerset County to wiki ( )
- Added Northgate Mining Town wiki ( )
- Added Fort Chelsea to wiki ( )
- Added Old Daber Airfield to the wiki ( )
- Added changelog to wiki ( )
- Added Fort Atkinson to wiki ( )
- Added 'Dynamic Events' page to wiki ( )
- Forced wiki to use SSL
- Added blood trails, watch the below video in glorious 60 fps!

- Added support for temporary blocks which will reset next server restart
- Fixed a bug where right clicking on a bandage wouldn't stop you from bleeding
- Made medical supplies to be only found at medical chests, except bandages which zombies can drop
- Added anti-combat NPC methods
- Added safe logout command /logout to prevent a combat NPC
- Removed possible dupe methods when killing own NPC
- Removed zombie "headshot" instant killing feature, as it makes zombie killing easier, and it's not suppose to be
- Fixed a bug where grabbing a gun out of a chest without a respawn timer attached to it (for example dynamic event chests - crash sites etc, or tent chests) wouldn't register it being a gun to the player so it would act like a normal tool, therefore it wouldn't shoot bullets until relogging.
- Removed soldier zombies now dropping civilian loot, they'll soon spawn a small amount of military gear in the future.
- When a player dies, the zombie's hand will default to a sword if they had one in their inventory
- Fixed the drop chance when killing a zombie
- Zombies no longer take fall damage (deal with it >:-D)
- Added carrot to food chest
- Tear gas now removed from helicopter crash site loot and now spawns at dynamic ruins
- M4A1 removed from helicopter cash site and now only spawns at dynamic ruins
- Grenades and Barret M82 only spawn at helicopter crash sites now.
- M4A1 and tear gas only spawn at dynamic ruins now
- Added chain boots to military civilian chests, had all the other chain armour, forgot, oops!
- Added achievement system
- Added achievement "Silent But Deadly" for killing 100 zombies with a bow and arrow
- Added achievement "Soldier Slaughter" for killing 100 soldier zombies with a gun
- Added achievement "Quite The Camper" for pitching a tent
- Added achievement "Air Crash Investigation" for finding a helicopter crash site
- Added rewards for earning "Silent But Deadly" will respawn with bow and arrows in next life
- Added rewards for earning "Soldier Slaughter" will respawn with one Beretta M9 magazine

WV8T5QV.png

Fwg9426.png

- Removed Mosin, added AWP L96
- Changed AKM texture
- Created new static loot location, Fort Atkinson

This looks brilliant. Is this still in development?

Yes it is.

Crafty_SubZero

Dec 4, 2014
Hey there, Quackster!
I would message you personally, but I'm not sure how to on this website (Sorry!)
Anyways, I'm the founder of the "Outbreak Network". A series of minecraft servers hosting a gamemode extremely similar to what you have (Excluding the modern weaponry).
For a few years we managed to feature on a few large networks and hit over 200,000 unique visitors at one point :) Since 1.7 though, our plugin dev became inactive and the development of Outbreak slowed to a halt.
I've been looking to get it up and running again for a couple months now, but it's difficult without a working plugin. After reading your change logs, what you have seems fantastic. I just wondered if you'd be down for some sort of collaboration?

A little background info on Outbreak:
Our map is a one of a kind masterpiece :D I figured with a plugin like yours it'd be an awesome game experience. 100+ Custom built locations / schematics on our custom built terrain (like 8k by 7k blocks or something crazy) , 30 odd spawn points, over 1000 plotted chest locations. Boss arenas, dungeons, parkour, mazes, castles and more :) We also have a mediawiki with custom lore and chest info for every location, accompanied by a minecraft overviewer Map (Unfortunately these are offline atm).

I cant send links right now (since I'm new) , but to see what it looks like, visit our subreddit /r/outbreakmc and check out the sticky post for some quick links :)

If collaboration isn't your thing, then no worries. I wish you the best of luck with what you're doing :)

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Hey there, Quackster!
I would message you personally, but I'm not sure how to on this website (Sorry!)
Anyways, I'm the founder of the "Outbreak Network". A series of minecraft servers hosting a gamemode extremely similar to what you have (Excluding the modern weaponry).
For a few years we managed to feature on a few large networks and hit over 200,000 unique visitors at one point :) Since 1.7 though, our plugin dev became inactive and the development of Outbreak slowed to a halt.
I've been looking to get it up and running again for a couple months now, but it's difficult without a working plugin. After reading your change logs, what you have seems fantastic. I just wondered if you'd be down for some sort of collaboration?

A little background info on Outbreak:
Our map is a one of a kind masterpiece :D I figured with a plugin like yours it'd be an awesome game experience. 100+ Custom built locations / schematics on our custom built terrain (like 8k by 7k blocks or something crazy) , 30 odd spawn points, over 1000 plotted chest locations. Boss arenas, dungeons, parkour, mazes, castles and more :) We also have a mediawiki with custom lore and chest info for every location, accompanied by a minecraft overviewer Map (Unfortunately these are offline atm).

I cant send links right now (since I'm new) , but to see what it looks like, visit our subreddit /r/outbreakmc and check out the sticky post for some quick links :)

If collaboration isn't your thing, then no worries. I wish you the best of luck with what you're doing :)

No collaboration sorry.

PS: I registered before your ob-mc.net, so therefore my project came before yours.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
I've created a pre-made map for Outbreak, which I'm going to add buildings into it, this allows users to navigate around the map easily, what do you guys think?

oifAMlU.png

The existing world generates chunks which hasn't existed yet, thus hitting the server hard when new players spawn in.

This would allow me to open up a map server and allow users to build and contribute.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
I've created a pre-made map for Outbreak, which I'm going to add buildings into it, this allows users to navigate around the map easily, what do you guys think?

oifAMlU.png

The existing world generates chunks which hasn't existed yet, thus hitting the server hard when new players spawn in.

This would allow me to open up a map server and allow users to build and contribute.

I think it'd be better like this and it'll take less strain on the server I guess.

Reason? People will be able to navigate more easily. It'll be restricted to one map like you say but everyone enjoys navigating same maps ND going places they like right?

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
I think it'd be better like this and it'll take less strain on the server I guess.

Reason? People will be able to navigate more easily. It'll be restricted to one map like you say but everyone enjoys navigating same maps ND going places they like right?
One thing I'm concerned about is that the map may be a bit too small, it's only 1000x1000

(-500 to 500)

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
Is it going to be rounds, or never resets? If it is too large, I can see it becoming out of hand to find other users.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Is it going to be rounds, or never resets?

Can you explain what you mean? I'm a bit confused.

Also I think this map will be a perfect size at the moment, but no doubt will I have to expand the map in future.

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
Will it reset daily, or is it a place where you play, then come back the next day and continue right where you left off.

If you have it set to reset daily (Start over with nothing), then having a small map will make it easier for people to find eachother.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Alright guys. I'm two weeks late since I last posted, but I have an awesome changelog and I'm positive when I open up the servers next time they won't crash.

New Features

- Completely switched map
- Changed the GPS interface
- Smarter zombie AI.
- Increased zombie detection length
- Zombies will now detect players only if they have a line-of-sight, including glass and glass panes.
- Zombie detection panel below hunger
- Added long grass to be visible through line of sight
- Added vines to be visible within line of sight
- Eating food will now heal between 1/2 to 2 1/2 hearts now
- Added timer for new spawn deaths, if a person spawns and then instantly dies no zombie NPC will spawn, to protect the coast from lots of player zombies.
- Added Abandoned Barn
- Added Old Ruined Shack
- New town called Sudbury
- New place called Oasis
- New place called Camp Bravo
- Walkie Talkie
- Walkie Talkie channels work with the hotbar
- Enchanted bows now spawn
- Zombies no longer spawn near spawn points
- Users now regain blood when hunger is full, you will not regain blood if you are bleeding or are infected or have low hunger.
- Added total time played to user profile
- Added current lifespan to user profile
- Users can now place web (will disappear after restart)
- Users can now place cactus (will disappear after restart)
- Added total zombies killed statistic on player profile
- Added total players healed statistic on player profile
- Added total players killed statistic on player profile
- Added two lighthouses to the map! :)
- Hovering over 'last online' on the profile now gives the exact date in UTC format.
- Now take damage from being cold and are missing at least one piece of any armour
- Frostbite on toes if you're missing boots in a snowy biome
- Leg breaking from falling at high heights
- Only owners can packup their tent now
- User profile rankings at

Bug Fixes

- Logging in no longer clears chests and starts respawn timer
- Fixed a bug where zombies would into a "trance" for 5 seconds after the first hit by either gun or sword.
- Fixed a bug for 1.8 where the difficulty setting needed to be changed for zombies to have full body armour
- Fixed tent placing for 1.8
- Fixed bug where tent last updated feature wouldn't update
- Upon failure of placing a tent, you'll now receive your tent back
- Fixed audible hearing range for gunshots. Every gun now has their assigned hearing range!
- Local and lobby chat not showing messages for themselves
- Removed set damage if the item is enchanted.
- Fixed chests not respawning
- Forgot to add bowl to food chest

I'll upload the overview of the whole map later.

Will it reset daily, or is it a place where you play, then come back the next day and continue right where you left off.

If you have it set to reset daily (Start over with nothing), then having a small map will make it easier for people to find eachother.

It won't reset daily, it's a static map.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
I'm almost about to open up the server, recently implemented anti-cheat I just have to add the rules page to Outbreak and such but I have a question.

Would you like infractions (such as bans and kicks) to be displayed publicly on peoples profiles?

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
I'm almost about to open up the server, recently implemented anti-cheat I just have to add the rules page to Outbreak and such but I have a question.

Would you like infractions (such as bans and kicks) to be displayed publicly on peoples profiles?
Kicks and bans, yes. Warns, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread