PC [DEV] [MINECRAFT] Outbreak - Zombies, Infection, Loot, Guns, Events (Helicopter Crash Sites, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Outbreak

Changelog; (will keep you up to date on DevBest as well).

Outbreak is a plugin I've been developing for my server, it's been in development since late February. The plugin has changed how the original vanilla Minecraft works without any client mods/downloads needed, except the server resource pack. I'm currently creating this myself with the help of some people such as buildings.

It's a private plugin for Bukkit in which users will play on the official server(s) I'll be hosting during the public-alpha stage, as of right now it's in private alpha due to some incomplete work with the loot tables.

When you first spawn...

You will spawn in the map in a wasteland with trees and seemingly an endless amount of trees and almost flat grass in front of you, however, you're given a GPS, a wood sword and a bandage.

The GPS will show your 3 nearest locations and you'll be able to track it from how many blocks away and where the compass points to using the /track <id> command, this will help you find places easily and hopefully encounter other players.

Loot

Zombies will spawn around you and they will drop loot, (bows, arrows, civilian guns and ammunition), however, at some point, if you want better weapons, you'll have to visit an abandoned military base or stumble across a helicopter crash site.

Guns..

The current guns are listed below

- Beretta M9
- Colt Python (revolver)
- IZH-43 (shotgun; close range)
- AKM (militarized spawns only, only assault rifle in the game right now)

Lootable buildings

Here are two complete building types I've added. Thank you to @Queef for creating 'Northgate Mining Town' :)

Northgate Mining Town

CK8xWVM.png

XvRUU3S.png

Fort Chelsea

8Ncf6Jx.png

USUq17H.png

fka31a7.png

rKjDmYM.png

Currently worked on

- Summerset County (firestation, supermarket, police station, gas station and hospital).
- Old Daber Airfield (military airport with hangars; completed, soon to add military outposts and tents next to the airfield)

Will add more buildings in future.

Events

Helicopter crash sites

There will be three random crash sites which will spawn on server restart (every 6 hours). The sites will spawn the best loot in the game, which are rare weapons and lots of ammunition.

Soldier zeds will spawn around the crash site, so you'll have to take them all out before getting the loot.

@Dzetki has created the models for it!

9PeJ5Am.png

Convoy crashes/airdrops

There events are not coded but I will plan on having them, once a certain amount of users are online, a single event of these will be dispatched randomly of a military convoy crash or life saving humanitarian airdrops.

If you have a GPS in your possession, it will be able to track it where the crash took place showing you coordinates, you will not be able to track helicopter crash sites!

Features

- Improved zombie AI, zombies notice you only when you're closer, when you shoot a gun at a group they'll come heading to your direction of where they heard the gun shot.
- The zombie AI will also head to where they last saw you if they lost the line of sight with you.
- When hitting zombies from 2 or 1 block below you, they will try and pull you off the ledge.
- Bow is a stealth tactic, not alerting any zombies.
- Many buildings have chests in them which will respawn once the chest has disappeared depending on how valuable the loot is (either by punching the chest; the items will drop or taking everything out of it).
- Collecting scrap metal for healing and killing players, also killing players and looting chests, this will have the ability to spend it at trader cities in future.
- Gun sounds and gun reloading sounds.
- Textures for guns.
- Antibiotics and infection from zombies.
- Blood bagging and healing players.
- Global or local chat messaging
- Global or local death messages

In Future

In future these features WILL be added:

- Trader cities (with NPC villagers), the trader city will have god mode protection.
- User populated generated events.
- Much more guns (Mosin Nagant, M4, etc)
- Base building, with possible decay feature for when a user has been inactive.

Thanks to

- @Queef helping out with building.
- @Dzetki for helping out with some buildings as well (helicopter models created by Sindre for the crash site).

Last edited:

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
I see a "Fort Chelsea" but no "Fort Teso" so this instantly fails.

Also, 2 of your guns are named after models, and the other two are just generic names. WHY U DO DAT?!

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
I see a "Fort Chelsea" but no "Fort Teso" so this instantly fails.

Also, 2 of your guns are named after models, and the other two are just generic names. WHY U DO DAT?!
I'm Australian, I clearly don't have the knowledge of guns compared to the average American, if you could help me out with some names that would be great.

PS; The shotgun is double barrel and the Beretta is called Beretta 92FS with a 15 rnd magazine in game.

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
Change Beretta to Bertta M9 (specific model not just company name)
Shotgun to Mossberg 500
And Magnum can be pretty much any caliber followed by Magnum
.357 Magnum
.44 Magnum
.45 Magnum
.50 Magnum

ect. If you wish to have it be named, Colt Python is nice, and that's a .357 Magnum

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Change Beretta to Bertta M9 (specific model not just company name)
Shotgun to Mossberg 500
And Magnum can be pretty much any caliber followed by Magnum
.357 Magnum
.44 Magnum
.45 Magnum
.50 Magnum

ect. If you wish to have it be named, Colt Python is nice, and that's a .357 Magnum

Thank you, much appreciated, I've updated the names within the code and I'll update the thread shortly.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Hot Fix
- isSurviving() function kept returning true which would make players in the lobby able to destroy blocks, that is now fixed by checking what world they're on instead.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Here's what the GPS tracking system looks like!

You right click on the GPS and it will show your directions, you can use /track <id> on the list and the GPS will point towards that direction and the blocks in distance will change every time you right click.

E19i5jK.png

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Ooooo baby!

NGL but this does look fun - Minecraft kind of gets boring and this seems fairly fun and a bit like mineZ but without the shitty parts. Planned features seem nice as well - hurry up and get it on alpha stage so we can test it mayn! Nice work :)

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Ooooo baby!

NGL but this does look fun - Minecraft kind of gets boring and this seems fairly fun and a bit like mineZ but without the shitty parts. Planned features seem nice as well - hurry up and get it on alpha stage so we can test it mayn! Nice work :)

Thank you! :D

I forgot to mention that the planned features WILL be added to the server but they just require so much work I haven't gotten around to doing so yet.

DingLyDellmeister

To Ding, or to Dell.
Aug 21, 2011
There events are not coded but I will plan on having them, once a certain amount of users are online, a single event of these will be dispatched randomly of a military convoy crash or life saving humanitarian airdrops.
I would apologise for being a grammar nazi, but I'm not sorry.
Quackster should have said:
Their events are not coded but I will plan on having them. Once a certain amount of users are online, a single event of these will be dispatched randomly of a military convoy crash or life saving humanitarian airdrops.

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
I love the ideas and plans for this, and I've enjoyed trying things out (although last time I tried not much was added) on the server. :)
I'll get started on building a trader village soon enough, then you can add it when)and if) you feel like it. Can't wait till the heli-crash events are active and updated. ;) Keep the good work going!

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
I would apologise for being a grammar nazi, but I'm not sorry.

Actually, it should be the word 'the'. :)

I love the ideas and plans for this, and I've enjoyed trying things out (although last time I tried not much was added) on the server. :)
I'll get started on building a trader village soon enough, then you can add it when)and if) you feel like it. Can't wait till the heli-crash events are active and updated. ;) Keep the good work going!

Not much was added? NOT MUCH?

Did you see the whole county that was created or the dynamic helicopter crashes? Or the gun system? lol.

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
Actually, it should be the word 'the'. :)

Not much was added? NOT MUCH?

Did you see the whole county that was created or the dynamic helicopter crashes? Or the gun system? lol.
I meant compared to what's planned, obviously there's a lot added. I didn't mean it that way. :p
I forgot to say that I can't wait to see how it turns out when finished. Still definitely gonna be a regular :)

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
They look fantastic in use :) Love that you finally got around to adding them!
Gets me more pumped everytime. xD

It actually took me a while to get them working, for some reason it wouldn't load the id for stained clay (159) so I saved the schematic as cobblestone and it does a check when replaces it with stained clay when it's being created into the world. :p

I assume it's because the array of blocks is using a byte[] tag and the max byte value in Java is 127.. which is a problem.

Code:
if (blocks[index] == Material.COBBLESTONE.getId()) {
    block.setTypeId(Material.STAINED_CLAY.getId());
    block.setData((byte) 9, true);
}

Any time for a beta server?

Right now it's in private alpha testing, then it will go public alpha. After I'm happy with all the features I've added, the beta stage will be where I fix bugs and add small features.

As of right now I'm currently adding more guns and buildings.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Changelog (09162014):

- Zombies that spawn at military bases now spawn with soldier uniforms, civilian zombies may as well.
- Started work on the military outpost/camps/tents at Old Daber Airfield, next to complete is the ATC tower and then barracks.
- A static helicopter crash which spawns no loot is now added to Old Daber Airfield.
- Animals will not spawn inside within a loot area now.
- New helicopter model has been added and finished, based off the Blackhawk.
- Civilian zombie drops have now an increased change of dropping a gun compared to before.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Sorry for the lack of updates, I've had some internet troubles. I kept randomly losing connection every few minutes.

Would you guys like to see multiple servers where your inventory carried over to each server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread