PC [DEV] [MINECRAFT] Outbreak - Zombies, Infection, Loot, Guns, Events (Helicopter Crash Sites, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Changelog (24092014a)

- Hive has been created, inventories and player data are now saved to MySQL, this stores all custom content, such as custom item names, dyed armour, guns. It also saves your inventory slot of where your item was, which is great.
- This hive system allows multiple Outbreak servers share the same inventory between them, much like the public hive in DayZ or MineZ's system.
- Finished off the bleeding system, zombies and melee damage have the lowest chance of causing a player to bleed, but if you hit a player with arrow, there is a 100% chance they'll start to bleed.

Bugs

- I went AFK and I came back and the zombie spawn rate was ridiculous. I don't know how to create this error but I know I did check the count of zombies before spawning new ones, so I don't know what the hell is happening.

pLZasAw.png

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Changelog (02102014a)

- Fixed a bug where your inventory hive wouldn't save if you were kicked from the server
- Fixed a bug where your inventory hive wouldn't save if an OP did /reload on the server
- Fixed a bug on the 'chest' wand feature, this allowed me to populate the remaining towns with chests with ease instead of manually adding their coordinates
- Fort Chelesea's chests are added
- Old Daber Airfield chests are added
- M4 assault rifle added
- Mosin Nagant bolt action rifle added
- AKM assault rifle added
- Mosin, M4A1 and AKM added to loot tables for chests

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
What about some sort of random events which happen randomly across the map which the player can choose to do.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Sorry for the lack of updates, anyway I noticed that there was no bleeding function in Outbreak, so I did something about that.

Updates

- Zombies have a small chance to cause bleeding to survivors
- Survivors can cause other survivors to bleed through melee as well as guns
- Survivors now spawn with 2 bandages instead of one
- Projectile arrows now cause 100% bleed chance
- Guns (doesn't matter what caliber) will have 70% bleed chance
- If you're bleeding and you get hit by a zombie, you have a small chance to get infection (which is cured by antibiotics), this is one of two ways to get infection now, eating infected meat and open wounds
- If you bandage yourself and you're still infected, you'll still take damage from infection
- You need both antibiotics and bandages if you're both bleeding and infected

In future...

- Depending on what type of armour you have, the chance of bleeding will change for all arrows, bullets, melee and zombie hits.

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
Sorry for the lack of updates, anyway I noticed that there was no bleeding function in Outbreak, so I did something about that.

Updates

- Zombies have a small chance to cause bleeding to survivors
- Survivors can cause other survivors to bleed through melee as well as guns
- Survivors now spawn with 2 bandages instead of one
- Projectile arrows now cause 100% bleed chance
- Guns (doesn't matter what caliber) will have 70% bleed chance
- If you're bleeding and you get hit by a zombie, you have a small chance to get infection (which is cured by antibiotics), this is one of two ways to get infection now, eating infected meat and open wounds
- If you bandage yourself and you're still infected, you'll still take damage from infection
- You need both antibiotics and bandages if you're both bleeding and infected

In future...

- Depending on what type of armour you have, the chance of bleeding will change for all arrows, bullets, melee and zombie hits.
Love these features, can't wait to make a series on it :D Keep it comin' bro!
Outbreak's looking good :)

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Well for the past 24 hours I've been creating feature which allows users to set up camp, this means pitchable and packup-able tents!

kKyJxkU.png

Updates (17112014a)

- Tents now added.
- Users can place tents by right clicking on the ground with the tent package.
- Tents can't be placed at lakes.
- Tents can't be placed at places where people loot (static buildings on the map)
- Affected blocks are checked first, so you can't clip a tent through any blocks such as trees or other tents, if unsuccessful, it will stop you from placing a tent.
- Tents have be maintained within 2 weeks (14 days) by opening the chest otherwise the server will remove it on restart.
- Once a tent is removed the blocks it was placed on will regenerate.

I've added a video demonstration about how the tent is placed and removed - note the chest being placed is the tent package labeled 'Tent'

Love these features, can't wait to make a series on it :D Keep it comin' bro!
Outbreak's looking good :)

Thanks! :)

Server is almost ready to go public.

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
Well for the past 24 hours I've been creating feature which allows users to set up camp, this means pitchable and packup-able tents!

kKyJxkU.png

Updates (17112014a)

- Tents now added.
- Users can place tents by right clicking on the ground with the tent package.
- Tents can't be placed at lakes.
- Tents can't be placed at places where people loot (static buildings on the map)
- Affected blocks are checked first, so you can't clip a tent through any blocks such as trees or other tents, if unsuccessful, it will stop you from placing a tent.
- Tents have be maintained within 2 weeks (14 days) by opening the chest otherwise the server will remove it on restart.
- Once a tent is removed the blocks it was placed on will regenerate.

I've added a video demonstration about how the tent is placed and removed - note the chest being placed is the tent package labeled 'Tent'

Thanks! :)

Server is almost ready to go public.
Is there safety setups (e.g. sandbags), or do you just have to place tents strategically to have the best view/defense of zombies?

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Update (20112014a)

- Barret M82 added
- FN FAL added
- Added Barret M82 to helicopter crash site loot tables
- Switched M4A1 from spawning at military outposts to helicopter crash sites, making the AKM and FN FAL the only assault rifles to be found not at helicopter crash sites
- Made the AKM more inaccurate for long distances, making the M4A1 to be desired as it's the most accurate assault rifle
- Added sounds for Colt Python/Revolver
- Added sounds for Barret M82
- Added new magazines for M82
- Added new magazines for FN FAL
- Fixed a bug where I renamed a texture 'power' instead of 'powder' for the magazine textures
- Fixed a bug where I classed the FN FAL as a non-automatic weapon, meaning the gun only fired once every second, changed it to semi-auto when testing out the gun

Is there safety setups (e.g. sandbags), or do you just have to place tents strategically to have the best view/defense of zombies?
No safety setups at the moment, probably won't do those until later. Anyway zombies won't bother you unless you bother them in the wilderness, because they spawn further away. If you're in a static loot city, zombies spawn much closer to the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread