Sports Whos the best basketball player ?

Plague

your friendly neighborhood ;3
May 9, 2012
Im not a hater or anything but LeBron James is currently the best player in the NBA no doubt. Hate it or what. He can play every position on the floor whether its Point-Forward or what. I know the fact that Durant averages more points-per-game against LeBron but believe it or not LeBron is much of a facilitator, he takes shot when its needed the most. He plays basketball with unselfishness and good court awareness. He has already achieved 4 MVP's in a matter of 5 years span, isn't it that great?. His a versatile player and he can muscle through traffic ahead the basket. He can guard 5 different positions anywhere on the court. His consistent and everything. This is enough. At the end of the day you guys should realize that his currently the best player in the NBA. Jordan is Jordan and LeBron is LeBron. This is his era right now.

Last edited:

TruCluez

Posting Freak
Oct 14, 2013
Im not a hater or anything but LeBron James is currently the best player in the NBA no doubt. Hate it or what. He can play every position on the floor whether its Point-Forward or what. I know the fact that Durant averages more points-per-game against LeBron but believe it or not LeBron is much of a facilitator, he takes shot when its needed the most. He plays basketball with unselfishness and good court awareness. He has already achieved 4 MVP's in a matter of 5 years span, isn't it that great?. His a versatile player and he can muscle through traffic ahead the basket. He can guard 5 different positions anywhere on the court. His consistent and everything. This is enough. At the end of the day you guys should realize that his currently the best player in the NBA. Jordan is Jordan and LeBron is LeBron. This is his era right now.
Some of this is true,but we all have opinions.

Baller

Nov 1, 2013
Kevin Durant is the best, hands down.
Lebron is better than kd for a lot of reasons, including defense, rebounding, and passing. KD has a way better shot, but that's about it. Hands down Lebron is better.
He also has a higher player efficiency rating meaning he makes more use of his minutes. Lebron is having an elite season personally and I can see him going extremely far and maybe winning another MVP award.

Crup

weeeeee
Jul 25, 2010
Lebron is better than kd for a lot of reasons, including defense, rebounding, and passing. KD has a way better shot, but that's about it. Hands down Lebron is better.
He also has a higher player efficiency rating meaning he makes more use of his minutes. Lebron is having an elite season personally and I can see him going extremely far and maybe winning another MVP award.

There are some things Lebron can do that Kevin can't and Kevin can do that lebron can't. Kevin is a better shooter than lebron but lebron is just too big.

Baller

Nov 1, 2013
There are some things Lebron can do that Kevin can't and Kevin can do that lebron can't. Kevin is a better shooter than lebron but lebron is just too big.
My point, Lebron has no range but he excels in every other category compared to KD.

Baller

Nov 1, 2013
Overall, Lebron is not the best basketball player
Of all time, not at the moment but possibly in the future. He is able to debated as to whether he is top 10 of all time.
At the moment, Lebron is the best player. KD is still young, and is not that much below Lebron. Nevertheless, he is still below Lebron.
If you can tell me why he isn't "the best basketball player" then maybe I can agree with you, but with nothing to back that up I still say Lebron is the best basketball player right now.

Crup

weeeeee
Jul 25, 2010
Of all time, not at the moment but possibly in the future. He is able to debated as to whether he is top 10 of all time.
At the moment, Lebron is the best player. KD is still young, and is not that much below Lebron. Nevertheless, he is still below Lebron.
If you can tell me why he isn't "the best basketball player" then maybe I can agree with you, but with nothing to back that up I still say Lebron is the best basketball player right now.

I agree but Lebron still has some rivals like Kobe.

Baller

Nov 1, 2013
I agree but Lebron still has some rivals like Kobe.
Kobe is old. He had a WAY better career than Lebron, but Lebron is still in his prime. ATM, Kobe isn't in the discussion of best player. He was last year and the year before, but not so much this season, especially with his age and his injury. This season is probably his last. l0l

Habbo Retro Legend
Jul 4, 2011
To make my point the heat is a stacked a team! Michael Jordan i guess you can say was the whole team, he made that team to all the NBA championships! The heat has Lebron, Boss, Wade, Allen, chalmers, and Battier the heat would not be shit! If you think about it Lebron shines because of the team he has! I believe no one els on the team gets as much credit as him! Wade is a beats he gets credit but not as much! My main point is lebron is not the whole team! Michael Jordan Was! -nuff said

Baller

Nov 1, 2013
To make my point the heat is a stacked a team! Michael Jordan i guess you can say was the whole team, he made that team to all the NBA championships! The heat has Lebron, Boss, Wade, Allen, chalmers, and Battier the heat would not be shit! If you think about it Lebron shines because of the team he has! I believe no one els on the team gets as much credit as him! Wade is a beats he gets credit but not as much! My main point is lebron is not the whole team! Michael Jordan Was! -nuff said

Lol You people it is odv that Michael Jordan IS THE BEST OF ALL TIME! Lebron is amazing to but not in any shape or form better! I also agree K Durrant is a BEAST, as you can see JOSHOKC!!

Obviously MJ is the best of all time, but currently the best player in the game is Lebron. Hands down. The Heat are not as good as everyone thinks. Wade is off and on with his injuries, Allen has so defense what so ever, Bosh is a 4 playing the 5. I'm suprised you even called Chalmers and Battier in the same sentence as Lebron James.
Without Lebron, I don't think the 2012-2013 Miami Heat could've made it to the finals let alone the Eastern Conf Championship. KD is an elite scorer, but other than that he's not better than Lebron. I'm not a Heat fan, but you got to admit Lebron is a dangerous player on the court.

Plague

your friendly neighborhood ;3
May 9, 2012
Lol You people it is odv that Michael Jordan IS THE BEST OF ALL TIME! Lebron is amazing to but not in any shape or form better! I also agree K Durrant is a BEAST, as you can see JOSHOKC!!

To be honest, Durant is nothing right now to compare on LeBron James let's wait until he proves something and get a ring.

Ept

Many men wish death upon me.
Jun 16, 2011
If you would have asked 2 years ago, I'd say Kobe, but he's easily injured now, so Lebron James.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012

KD has a higher PER. KD averages more rebounds, blocks, steals and points. Lebron's averages in all categories have went down this year compared to last season. KD has went up in 3.

Baller

Nov 1, 2013

KD has a higher PER. KD averages more rebounds, blocks, steals and points. Lebron's averages in all categories have went down this year compared to last season. KD has went up in 3.
Well Lebron has to work with two other superstars, Durant has Westbrook who in my opinion is a semi-star. So he has to spread the ball a lot more than KD doe's. Also James has 58% FG pct, as Durant has a low 47%. My point is, Kevin Durant only has a higher PER because he can do more in his time and not have to pass much. Lebron on the other hand who is a point below him ( barely anything ) has to pass to the stars on the team. Which is why the all average about 20 points a game. If Lebron was alone with a bunch of scrubs he would've went of every night, as KD usually does.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
Well Lebron has to work with two other superstars, Durant has Westbrook who in my opinion is a semi-star. So he has to spread the ball a lot more than KD doe's. Also James has 58% FG pct, as Durant has a low 47%. My point is, Kevin Durant only has a higher PER because he can do more in his time and not have to pass much. Lebron on the other hand who is a point below him ( barely anything ) has to pass to the stars on the team. Which is why the all average about 20 points a game. If Lebron was alone with a bunch of scrubs he would've went of every night, as KD usually does.
Wade and Bosh are not superstars. Wade doesn't even play back to back and his season averages are pretty shit. Bosh is just trash. Westbrook has been killing it this season prior to his surgery. Ibaka and Westbrook are more superstars than Wade and Bosh (this can be confirmed by look at their season stats). 47% FG is not low at all. Lebron drives more which is why he has a higher FG percentage. KD is a spot shooter and still has a high FG percentage. When the majority of your baskets are in the paint, your FG percentage will always be higher. Go look at Andrew Bogut, DeAndre Jordan, Dwight Howard, and Andre Drummond's FG percentage. They are all 58% and above.

Users who are viewing this thread