Sports Whos the best basketball player ?

Settaz

PHP and C# Developer. Project Saturn Coming!
Jul 4, 2010
Wade and Bosh are not superstars. Wade doesn't even play back to back and his season averages are pretty shit. Bosh is just trash. Westbrook has been killing it this season prior to his surgery. Ibaka and Westbrook are more superstars than Wade and Bosh (this can be confirmed by look at their season stats). 47% FG is not low at all. Lebron drives more which is why he has a higher FG percentage. KD is a spot shooter and still has a high FG percentage. When the majority of your baskets are in the paint, your FG percentage will always be higher. Go look at Andrew Bogut, DeAndre Jordan, Dwight Howard, and Andre Drummond's FG percentage. They are all 58% and above.

Whoa, there Wade is a HOF PLayer. He had a championship before LeBron got there, and LeBron wouldn't have a ring without him. That being said, he's getting old now and he can't stay healthy.
To answer this question LeBron is the best all around player in the NBA, KD is coming though. He is unstoppable and his defense is becoming elite. Right, now I'm taking KD over everyone. And he's from the same place as me so, woooo!

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
Whoa, there Wade is a HOF PLayer. He had a championship before LeBron got there, and LeBron wouldn't have a ring without him. That being said, he's getting old now and he can't stay healthy.
Just because he used to be good doesn't mean he's a superstar now. Yao Ming has a top 25 PER ever in the NBA but is not hall of fame worthy. Hall of Fame belongs to people who achieve greatness, like Hakeem Olajuwon (all time shot blocker, career double double, one of only a few to post a quadruple double). Wade is not on that type of level.

Settaz

Jul 4, 2010
Just because he used to be good doesn't mean he's a superstar now. Yao Ming has a top 25 PER ever in the NBA but is not hall of fame worthy. Hall of Fame belongs to people who achieve greatness, like Hakeem Olajuwon (all time shot blocker, career double double, one of only a few to post a quadruple double). Wade is not on that type of level.

Wtf are you on??? Do you know basketball or are you just saying random shit? D Wade had one of the greatest post seasons of all time, I'm '09 he was robbed of MVP as he had one of the greatest seasons ever. Did you must compare Yao Ming to D Wade???

D Wade - 3 Championships, with a Finals MVP
Yao Ming? No...

D Wade - One of the greatest playoff performances ever, if not the greatest. Shaq averaged about 13 ppg, D Wade carried that team. Wade is a top 3 shooting guard of all time. I can't believe this guy just said Yao Ming... I'm done.

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
Wtf are you on??? Do you know basketball or are you just saying random shit? D Wade had one of the greatest post seasons of all time, I'm '09 he was robbed of MVP as he had one of the greatest seasons ever. Did you must compare Yao Ming to D Wade???

D Wade - 3 Championships, with a Finals MVP
Yao Ming? No...

D Wade - One of the greatest playoff performances ever, if not the greatest. Shaq averaged about 13 ppg, D Wade carried that team. Wade is a top 3 shooting guard of all time. I can't believe this guy just said Yao Ming... I'm done.
I said Yao Ming has one of the highest PER (player efficiency ratings) of all time in the NBA. That doesn't make him a hall of famer. Learn how to read kid. Dwayne Wade is a 20, 5, and 5 player.

Greatest post seasons of all time? Michael Jordan, John Stockton, Hakeem Olajuwon, Charles Barkley, Tim Duncan, Shaq, Bill Russel, and Magic Johnson have all had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better post season performances.

Top 3 shooting guard of all time? Are you fucking stupid? Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Clyde Drexler, Reggie Miller, Jerry West, and George Gervin are all legendary shooting guards.

Having championships means shit when it comes to talking about hall of fame candidacy. Dikembe Mutombo has 0 rings, but he's the 2nd all time shot blocker in the NBA and will end up being in the Hall of Fame. Dominique Wilkins has no championships and is in the Hall of Fame. Do you know why? Besides being in the top 15 all time scoring leaders, he's 1 of only 5 players to register 25k points, 7k rebounds, 2.5k assists, and 1.2k steals. Reggie Miller is another player to have 0 rings and be put in the Hall of Fame.

Settaz

Jul 4, 2010
I said Yao Ming has one of the highest PER (player efficiency ratings) of all time in the NBA. That doesn't make him a hall of famer. Learn how to read kid. Dwayne Wade is a 20, 5, and 5 player.

Greatest post seasons of all time? Michael Jordan, John Stockton, Hakeem Olajuwon, Charles Barkley, Tim Duncan, Shaq, Bill Russel, and Magic Johnson have all had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better post season performances.

Top 3 shooting guard of all time? Are you fucking stupid? Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Clyde Drexler, Reggie Miller, Jerry West, and George Gervin are all legendary shooting guards.

Having championships means shit when it comes to talking about hall of fame candidacy. Dikembe Mutombo has 0 rings, but he's the 2nd all time shot blocker in the NBA and will end up being in the Hall of Fame. Dominique Wilkins has no championships and is in the Hall of Fame. Do you know why? Besides being in the top 15 all time scoring leaders, he's 1 of only 5 players to register 25k points, 7k rebounds, 2.5k assists, and 1.2k steals. Reggie Miller is another player to have 0 rings and be put in the Hall of Fame.

Are you seriously that slow? You're conveniently leaving out the fact he won Finals MVP in '06, and carried his team to the finals and playoffs after that. You only named two sgs better than Wade, Jordan and Kobe. Again, you're just shooting out stupid shit. Go look at this article from ESPN:

Then go look at his 2009 season stats, the year he was robbed of MVP. Just naming older shooting guards doesn't change the fact that Wade is a top 3 shooting guard of all time. D Wade didn't get nearly all the accolades he deserved, his steals and blocks were better than Kobe's yet the NBA always had him as 2nd team all defense when he should've been 1st. D Wade now has the most blocks ever by a 2 guard, which shows how great his defense is.
MJ agrees with me:

Yea, and don't call me kid you're probably like 16...

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
Are you seriously that slow? You're conveniently leaving out the fact he won Finals MVP in '06, and carried his team to the finals and playoffs after that. You only named two sgs better than Wade, Jordan and Kobe. Again, you're just shooting out stupid shit. Go look at this article from ESPN:

Then go look at his 2009 season stats, the year he was robbed of MVP. Just naming older shooting guards doesn't change the fact that Wade is a top 3 shooting guard of all time. D Wade didn't get nearly all the accolades he deserved, his steals and blocks were better than Kobe's yet the NBA always had him as 2nd team all defense when he should've been 1st. D Wade now has the most blocks ever by a 2 guard, which shows how great his defense is.
MJ agrees with me:

Yea, and don't call me kid you're probably like 16...
You really have to be fucking stupid if you think Dwayne Wade is a better shooting guard than Jerry West. Jerry West nearly averaged a triple double on his career. Wow, Wade had 1 season where his stats were fairly impressive. Jerry West had 3, all of which were better than Wade's.

Wade does not have the most blocks ever by a shooting guard. He has the most blocks by a guard under 6'4. He's around ~650 career blocks. George Gervin over 1,000. Jerry West averaged a block a game, but they didn't record that statistic until he was 34 and nearing retirement. Stop spewing your inaccurate bullshit and learn who these people were before sucking Wade's dick some more.

Also, Tracy McGrady in his prime was way better than Wade has ever played.

Settaz

Jul 4, 2010
You really have to be fucking stupid if you think Dwayne Wade is a better shooting guard than Jerry West. Jerry West nearly averaged a triple double on his career. Wow, Wade had 1 season where his stats were fairly impressive. Jerry West had 3, all of which were better than Wade's.

Wade does not have the most blocks ever by a shooting guard. He has the most blocks by a guard under 6'4. He's around ~650 career blocks. George Gervin over 1,000. Jerry West averaged a block a game, but they didn't record that statistic until he was 34 and nearing retirement. Stop spewing your inaccurate bullshit and learn who these people were before sucking Wade's dick some more.

Also, Tracy McGrady in his prime was way better than Wade has ever played.

Yea, you're an idiot... Wade had multiple of good season... There was a stretch in the NBA where Wade was a top 2 player in the league. When LeBron joined the heat he was top 3. And you can use google omg how impressive, everything I'm "spewing" is from knowledge. Again, you know. Itching about basketball and I doubt you even watch it. Tracy McGrady was good until the post season then he couldn't get it done, so do t give me that T Mac shit. And get off Jerry West dick, Wade > West any day.
Basketball players are just by regular and post season, Wade showed up when it was time in both. So, again just googled shit when you don't actually watch the game doesn't make you anymore correct.
...Tracy McGrady??? Your response is laughable...

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
Yea, you're an idiot... Wade had multiple of good season... There was a stretch in the NBA where Wade was a top 2 player in the league. When LeBron joined the heat he was top 3. And you can use google omg how impressive, everything I'm "spewing" is from knowledge. Again, you know. Itching about basketball and I doubt you even watch it. Tracy McGrady was good until the post season then he couldn't get it done, so do t give me that T Mac shit. And get off Jerry West dick, Wade > West any day.
Basketball players are just by regular and post season, Wade showed up when it was time in both. So, again just googled shit when you don't actually watch the game doesn't make you anymore correct.
...Tracy McGrady??? Your response is laughable...
I've been watching basketball since before you were born kid. I have basketball cards that are older than you. You probably haven't even heard of half the people I've mentioned (all of whom are legendary, hall of famers) Any idiot who thinks Wade is better than Jerry West doesn't know shit about basketball.

Wade career stats:

West career stats:

Jerry West = more points, more steals, more assists, more rebounds and better free throw percentage. In the playoffs, the difference between them is even greater. Wade also averages less points, steals, assists, and rebounds in the playoffs than he does in the regular season.

Settaz

Jul 4, 2010
I've been watching basketball since before you were born kid. I have basketball cards that are older than you. You probably haven't even heard of half the people I've mentioned (all of whom are legendary, hall of famers) Any idiot who thinks Wade is better than Jerry West doesn't know shit about basketball.

Wade career stats:

West career stats:

Jerry West = more points, more steals, more assists, more rebounds and better free throw percentage. In the playoffs, the difference between them is even greater. Wade also averages less points, steals, assists, and rebounds in the playoffs than he does in the regular season.

Lmaooo!!! So how old are you again? I'm done, "Since before you were born kid"... Looool, dead!!!

Settaz

Jul 4, 2010
Nearing 25.

I like how when you got disproved by statistical facts you just brush over how wrong and idiotic you sounded. Just stfu and suck Wade's dick some more.

No, I stopped when I realized, that you're faking to be "near 25". LMAOOO Yep, I'm officially done. I don't need to lie about my age... I'm 18, turning 19 in 3 months.. LMAOO, 25...

1999bc

Jul 11, 2014
Earvin "Magic" Johnson. To my memory, the only player in NBA history to play all five positions on his team (the Lakers).
Currently, it's really "LeBron James, gg." He is the "total threat." He is the most all-around-athletic (a mix of high acceleration, top speed, accuracy, range, wingspan, shot selection, etc.), is very savvy -- almost as good as His Airness (who used the Olympic Games to scout his competition), and has championship experience (two rings in 5 appearances). He is a player you can build around (Heat, Cavs) or with (Olympic team, All-Star team).

Of course no one is invincible: Without Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and the rest of the Lakers in '83, Magic got swept out of the Finals. LeBron James was swept out of his first Finals appearance as well. And remember MJ was on the Wizards; even past his prime he could still school most players, but without his Bulls he'd never get a ring.

Personally, I still think the best players are the-often-exciting PGs: Pete Maravich, John Stockton, Magic Johnson, Steve Nash, Chris Paul, etc.

Ultra

Posting Freak
Jan 7, 2011
This season, if these guys aren't in the All NBA First-Team, I'll be surprised:

PG: Stephen Curry
SG: James Harden
SF: LeBron James
PF: Anthony Davis
C: Marc Gasol

Center could also be DeMarcus Cousins, however, Marc Gasol is a great defensive player, hence why I think he'll be the one chosen.
Best player overall is still LeBron James, of course. In a few years, it'll be Durant, then Davis.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread