Sulake Finland getting in on Retro's cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeddicus

The Glorious PC Gaming Master Race
Mar 23, 2012
This is true lol, showed me a screenshot of Sulake buying a Phoenix license, and they sent him screenshots of them on his hotel (Habboon) and they have an ***** account, lol.

Why would they want a license? Waste of money - I WANT ONE lol!!!

Probably to test stability, ect.

But yeah freaky

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Why would they want a license? Waste of money - I WANT ONE lol!!!

Probably to test stability, ect.

But yeah freaky

They know Phoenix is on a license server, and want to shut it down, let me find the chat log, hold on.

presto5

Jul 26, 2011
There will always be to many to be able to shut all of them down. It really is not worth their time. Unless phoenix got shut off then some might panic lol

Blaze

Web Developer
Feb 24, 2011
Shouldn't Habbo be aiming at 0taku-studios' because there the ones with the whole Phoenix Servers. Shouldn't habbo be taking 0taku to court and stop 0taku's Servers because thats what the Emulator Servers are on... If Habbo was to take these people to court already.. they would.. i doubt that tho... We will see what happends

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Shouldn't Habbo be aiming at 0taku-studios' because there the ones with the whole Phoenix Servers. Shouldn't habbo be taking 0taku to court and stop 0taku's Servers because thats what the Emulator Servers are on... If Habbo was to take these people to court already.. they would.. i doubt that tho... We will see what happends

Gold star for Blaze..

Bingo, found it -

Payment:

Chatlog:

Code:
Aaron says:
u there?
I say:
ii
Aaron says:
http://i.imgur.com/uyWUk.png
can u see that?
I say:
WHAT
THE FUCK
Aaron says:
Phoenix is so good even Sulake use it bro
I say:
LOL?
-DIES-
Reckon they 'gna try and get source?lol
Aaron says:
they have 2 accounts on habboon
I say:
LOL.
Aaron says:
at least 1 on otaku
they sent me a letter with screenshots of everything
a new cease & desist
I say:
rofl, reckon they 'gna trysomething?
Aaron says:
they know that phoenix needs to connect to a licence server and they want me to close it down
I say:
ic.
Probably 'gna try and find server and do some shit lol
Aaron says:
they want profit margins, unit sales, ad revenue, the lot lol
I say:
ouch lolo
Aaron says:
they want names & locations of all clients
I say:
LOL.
Should be like,
All 1200+? (I assume more than that)
Aaron says:
they're stupid, I don't know any of that shit lol
I say:
Give em mine if you want.
Aaron says:
Nah afaic i never got the letter
they sent it to my dads
I say:
oh shit
Aaron says:
I dont live in the UK anymore so bite me
I say:
LOL
Hows the laws on this shit in Bulgaria?
Aaron says:
im getting my dad to photocopy, scan and send it to me then return the original to them saying not at this address
I say:
ic xD
In Bulgaria are you safe from them doing anything to you?
They'd CRIPPLED you if they could, like for real
cipple*
Aaron says:
yeah ik

Blaze

Web Developer
Feb 24, 2011
So many Hotels will suffer, but i'm not saying this should happend, but.. still.. If habbo did take 0taku to court, and 0taku Phoenix Servers.. stopped.. Most likely Hotels Will Suffer.. But... Sulake Should use their brains.. Before going to big hotels saying that wouldnt solve anything so the big aim would be on taking 0taku to court not habbo retros...
Because we all know Pheonix Is Hosted On 0taku and Features and projects... But If i was a member of sulake i would aim at 0taku.. im not saying if i was a sulake Member And I Would do it.. you know what i mean..

Yeah i know about that. But Just sayin' that Sulake Should Use Their Brains.. not Aim for A Simple Retro..

I'm Finished with this Sulake Shit.. We will just see.. im out peaice

SkeetEmUp

Habpl.us
May 16, 2011
If Sulake was smart they'd have the Phoenix license server shutdown and stop pretty much all retros in there tracks. Although I know people have got fake letters I have yet to see other retro owners recently get letters. Ive only once got a take down notice which was obviously fake (Shit spelling wrong format from a dead email) so maybe they are targeting Aaron because its logic. Take out where the source of all current retros are coming from and you can take down a lot of hotels.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
Like I said, habbo usercount is going down extremely.

So this doesn't seem to be a surprise.

TheJoshy

PlusHost.org -> GOGOGO
Jul 4, 2010
It's kinda scary, Habbo is obviously building a legal case... they've saved up all the information, they'll keep the letter they received that says not at this address... they want our names, locations... this is going to court, it's not just a lousy DMCA notice. Lucky Aaron run off to Bulgaria.

The thing is, Aaron is one of Sulake's top targets. They are aware of Phoenix's licensing server. Should they take down, a lot of hotels are stopped. Then all the have to do is target hotels with cracked phoenix or what not, and uber etc.

It's a big job and people say, why would they spend so much money on a court case? Why? They're multi-millionaires. They're not going to let people take what could be their profits. They're willing to pay millions I'm sure to protect the company.

Anyone can do some research on Sulake members and connect to a Finnish proxy, js
They can't make the IP say Sulake Oy.

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
I personally think it's real. It was on time Sulake did something about this though. Some say that retro owners these days only think off profit but that might not also be truth. People like me were aiming for a free experience, but also aiming for the hotel to pay it's own hosting. If phoenix were to be taken down even those people would get hit as most of them do not know how to program, and don't bother add fixes to open source emulators.

At the same time it would be a great opportunity to get less hotels on the market, like it was back in 07-08. If Phoenix were to go down people would have to use Uber, Snowlight(update major shit on it) and other emulators that are around the community. I personally think it would be great getting the retro community back to a more stable count. Too many hotels make the community boring, too much hotels to choose from and most of them are running the exact same emu's and CMS's.

Jonty

Aug 7, 2010
Oh, those IPs are real, but no matter which way we look at it:
- Habbo is not going to get the retro users back
- Imagine the bad publicity they would get for taking teens to court
- The most we're gonna get is community service and 1000 dollar fine

TO CONCLUDE:
host your images and SWFs offshore in russia on some fucking bunker in iraq.

- Jonty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread