Retro's Illegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awer

- 23K Carot Facials
Dec 29, 2010
IMO, Sulake won't ever take any retro to court.

No 'Retro' has ever reached a user-count over or as much has Habbo.

As Sulake doesn't take any retro seriously as they all die out or end up shutting down eventually.

SkeetEmUp

Habpl.us
May 16, 2011
Yes, Habbo do have copyright, Habbo can't take down big retros because they are offshore hosting, and it would cost Sulake loads of money to take them to court
The top retros are either hosted in the US or UK I believe.

What I can see happening is they file a few letters to hosts to get stuff shutdown or removed then the retros move to somewhere offshore were Sulake cant touch us. Then what.

The best option is for them to make it harder for us to steal and try get users back with new things that retros dont have :)

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Yes, Habbo do have copyright, Habbo can't take down big retros because they are offshore hosting, and it would cost Sulake loads of money to take them to court
What is offshore hosting?

The user count of retros is increasing and the user count of Habbo is lowering, so they may take action soon
:up:

Who ever said Retro's are illegal?

Does Habbo have a REAL copyright, and if so, is it against building retros?

Why wouldn't they have taken them down by now?

What do you guys think?
ALL HABBO RETROS, whether big or small, are illegal. And yes, Habbo has it's copyright, I believe the Copyright Infringements Policy are these ones:

They are not taken down mostly because as what said, big retros uses offshore hosting and that would cost Sulake loads of money to take them to court. And what said is also right, that they can still bring them to court - but as what said, Habbo will find it hard to handle all of those Habbo Retros on court, and that even they do not take them down Sulake stills earns millions of dollars.

If someone was able like you said to create their own images/swf without anything to do with the copyrights habbo one.

Then yes, it would be alright... But I haven't seen anyone able to do that yet ;)
Another fact. Most customs made are from the Habbo Hotel furnitures instead (e.g. morphing fountains and eggs, recolouring thrones, golden toilet with a turd etc..). No one ever made a unique furniture that is not seen from Habbo. Even those statues and trophies. ;)

NSA

sudo apt-get thefuckout.tar.gz
Dec 9, 2011
They couldn't take them all down even if they wanted to, people make retro's everyday. It would also cost them too much money and they probably don't even care (They get enough money anyway!).

You

Apr 8, 2012
Hahah, of course that they have a copyright. I don't think they really care too much about retros, the people who like playing fair & earning one by one coins by day will be faithful to habbo and the people who don't want to work hardly or dislike the people there will pass onto retros. Habbo earns a lot of money and 'till a retro doesn't gain their amount of users online a day, they won't be bothered to do anything.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
They couldn't take them all down even if they wanted to, people make retro's everyday. It would also cost them too much money and they probably don't even care (They get enough money anyway!).
Actually it's not enough ... it's too much.

MubarikHZH

Join The Revolution
Mar 11, 2012
I don't think sulake will ever take down retros unless they cause a threat to Habbo but to be honest I don't think Sulake cares if habbo retros exist because it's not like every habbo retro came together would still not have nearly half the amount of users that play Habbo so until we become a threat to Sulake I don't think they will actually care in being bothered to shut down Habbo Retros plus they wouldn't give a shit there rich living life we are nothing to Sulake is what I believe so I think you can make retros but its at your own cost.

TheCanadian

Jordan behind you ;P
Mar 21, 2011
What world do you live in? Show me one news article on this "event".
I think he is talking about that Yifan_lu guy (phpretro creator) who go noticed from the sulake and quit with Habbo. It's true it was on other forums, he was talking about it when he was leaving,

ourHabbo

Apr 17, 2012
I'm sure it won't be long before they take action on Habbo Retro's look at Jagex ~ Runescape, they let it slide for awhile then took action on some Runescape Private Servers. Not taking them to court but shutting it all done and sending an email to peoples internet provider. If people continue to create Habbo Retros I'm quite sure Sulake will take action soon enough as bigger Habbo Retros are starting to get a load of players some gaining over 1000+ users online at a time. Won't be long before they start taking people to court even if they lose money, if they provide enough evidence they'll win and they'll know that.

Like look at the brothers who created iBot.. Jagex took them to court but lost because they didn't have enough evidence then they got what they needed and won. Both brothers had to pay a large amount of money and if ever to create any sort of Runescape Hack ever again they would get an amazingly large fine.

I don't believe that Sulake will take action on those who create the Retros but those who have created the program to help run the hotel. Like Phoenix and others. Aaron would get a multi-million dollar sue case and Sukake would win because of how much is riding on it. His name is labeled on everything.

:)

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
I don't believe that Sulake will take action on those who create the Retros but those who have created the program to help run the hotel. Like Phoenix and others. Aaron would get a multi-million dollar sue case and Sukake would win because of how much is riding on it. His name is labeled on everything.
:)
The EMU's are all coded by users. That is not what is illegal. What is illegal is the SWF's. Phoenix EMU is perfectly fine and legal. The retro becomes illegal because of the swfs.

MubarikHZH

Join The Revolution
Mar 11, 2012
If you made your own swfs and stuff and used phoenix emulator and made your images and stuff for your habbo retro, they wouldn't be able to take action against your habbo private server.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Actually if you made your own SWFs, which used the same characters as habbo, it would still be copyright as it would still be their images. Plus no one in the habbo scene could replicate their SWFs exact, even with different images

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Actually if you made your own SWFs, which used the same characters as habbo, it would still be copyright as it would still be their images. Plus no one in the habbo scene could replicate their SWFs exact, even with different images
Not unless you're a game dev, like what happened with Fresbo World.

MubarikHZH

Join The Revolution
Mar 11, 2012
Habbo & there copyright :mad: , But I think Habbo is more interested in scamming from Habbo and shit , like i think in was in 2006 or something a dutch guy stole $1000 worth of furni on habbo guy got arrested and I think there interested in these crooks than people making fake versions of there game.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Habbo & there copyright :mad: , But I think Habbo is more interested in scamming from Habbo and shit , like i think in was in 2006 or something a dutch guy stole $1000 worth of furni on habbo guy got arrested and I think there interested in these crooks than people making fake versions of there game.
More of a phishing, that guy phished if I am not mistaken... I came into a website or rather a news portal about Habbo items worth dollars stolen by a Dutch.

Kanebrah

May 23, 2011
I'll be honest, if i feel that shits going down, and i do get some form of DMCA, or take down notice, i wont hesitate i'd close my site down lol.

1ntel

Nov 21, 2010
Yes retros are illegal, Yes Sulake care, Yes Sulake will sue.

True, but since they're so many Habbo retros, it's hardly appropriate to take them all to court, and anyway, even though retros do exist, Sulake still make millions of dollars anyway

It's called, making an example of somebody, and it will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread