Retaliation 3.0 | Node.js | Roleplaying Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
When are you Releasing this? i support your work chris <3 keep it up.
the new node version may be released with the (retaliation 2) theme, since the one shown is a private theme that's going to be used on one of my roleplaying sites

A suggestion:
if you still continue this (too lazy to read all replies) you can add something like:
if someone is wanted it will send a cms alert says "x user is wanted.Any one see him/her? Report he/she to *sender user* !"
This would be great.
Great idea for the socket implementation, but would require me to work a bit with the emulator which would cause issues with my lack of experience doing such, I'll see what's possible to incorporate into it, however.

BadDev

Jun 10, 2016
the new node version may be released with the (retaliation 2) theme, since the one shown is a private theme that's going to be used on one of my roleplaying sites

Great idea for the socket implementation, but would require me to work a bit with the emulator which would cause issues with my lack of experience doing such, I'll see what's possible to incorporate into it, however.

it will still be sexy. Your work is on another level are you making v3.5/4 after this?

Velaski

winner
Aug 4, 2015

Chris, From what I know is that you create the js file with all the node shit and then on client.php link it, then start the node server. Correct me if i'm wrong (i think)

Brad

Jun 5, 2012

if the one shown here is private and won't be released the thread will be closed.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
if the one shown here is private and won't be released the thread will be closed.
the new node version may be released with the (retaliation 2) theme,
reading, it helps
Edit:
The theme shown in the screenshot was given to me by a friend, hence, why I don't believe it should be released as it's quite a special theme when it's a little bit creative compared to others. This will be released, just with a different default theme

Chris, From what I know is that you create the js file with all the node shit and then on client.php link it, then start the node server. Correct me if i'm wrong (i think)

PHP isn't used at all. Everything from the web server, to the website content itself is coded in Node with EJS for templating. (May switch to Angular)

it will still be sexy. Your work is on another level are you making v3.5/4 after this?
Versions will continue so long as the roleplay scene interests me and I continue to enjoy developing within it

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
reading, it helps
Edit:
The theme shown in the screenshot was given to me by a friend, hence, why I don't believe it should be released as it's quite a special theme when it's a little bit creative compared to others. This will be released, just with a different default theme

PHP isn't used at all. Everything from the web server, to the website content itself is coded in Node with EJS for templating. (May switch to Angular)

Versions will continue so long as the roleplay scene interests me and I continue to enjoy developing within it
So you're false advertising? yeah lol.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
reading, it helps
Edit:

EJS is a server AND client-side templating framework, Angular is a structural client-side framework with a RESTful back-end, good for doing client-side things like working with the DOM. Switching wouldn't be such a good idea, but who says you can't use both?

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
So you're false advertising? yeah lol.
Or, I can't be fucked to switch themes right now. Feel free to talk to Sonay on rz if you wish, he made it for the hotel I was going to develop alongside him until we split.

EJS is a server AND client-side templating framework, Angular is a structural client-side framework with a RESTful back-end, good for doing client-side things like working with the DOM. Switching wouldn't be such a good idea, but who says you can't use both?
I was going to switch sometime to make the system work as a REST API to make it a sped up process, do you think it would be worth switching over? Not sure how much faster it would be, average speed is around 22ms per 10,000 requests (Siege Benchmarking)

Velaski

winner
Aug 4, 2015
reading, it helps
Edit:

I'm saying you must link the node js for the client file at the clientphp

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I'm saying you must link the node js for the client file at the clientphp
what is clientphp

Node is a server-side programming language pretty much, in the way PHP works. If you're referring to socket, then yeah the connection is introduced on the client right now since it's the only place probably being used for the moment

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Or, I can't be fucked to switch themes right now. Feel free to talk to Sonay on rz if you wish, he made it for the hotel I was going to develop alongside him until we split.

I was going to switch sometime to make the system work as a REST API to make it a sped up process, do you think it would be worth switching over? Not sure how much faster it would be, average speed is around 22ms per 10,000 requests (Siege Benchmarking)
Make optimizations to your ground code. Specifically your express server, before redesigning your software.
what is clientphp

Node is a server-side programming language pretty much, in the way PHP works. If you're referring to socket, then yeah the connection is introduced on the client right now since it's the only place probably being used for the moment
Node is not a progrmaming language, and PHP is a scripting language for multiple web server's that support it.

Small task like sending text over don't have to be done using socket.io or strenuous TCP connections (persistent socket connection). You can use shared memory through /temp files which has proven to be a tad faster when optimizied, or even just a simple UDP socket, or take advantage of your emulator's MUS server.

Keep in mind that web sockets, specifically socket.io, are essentially TCP connections when broken down to the ground core, so why not try and take advantage of your emulator's current TCP server's rather than creating more?

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Make optimizations to your ground code. Specifically your express server, before redesigning your software.

Node is not a progrmaming language, and PHP is a scripting language for multiple web server's that support it.

Small task like sending text over don't have to be done using socket.io or strenuous TCP connections (persistent socket connection). You can use shared memory through /temp files which has proven to be a tad faster when optimizied, or even just a simple UDP socket, or take advantage of your emulator's MUS server.

Keep in mind that web sockets, specifically socket.io, are essentially TCP connections when broken down to the ground core, so why not try and take advantage of your emulator's current TCP server's rather than creating more?
I was going to work a bit of off Lucas's idea of certain features (He uses Socket connection to do things such as gang chat, leaderboards in real time, etc) and it would be a bit easier for me to work within my own code area if you get my drift

Berk

berkibap#4233
Developer
Oct 17, 2015
im sure you can dio this

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Updates:
-Async library is being used on all routes to maintain a more organized approach
-Switching to redis for session storing
-Going to evaluate the express server later, and optimize it for a bit of speed (So far, average speed jumped +6ms when applying async despite running all functions at once, not a big deal but still :p)

-If all goes well, beginning stages of socket introduction may be soon

Warm thanks to @Jaden for assisting me with a bit of learning, in his own way

Participate in the beta, thanks.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also, what theme guys?

Devjam

Legend
Jan 5, 2014
bg8vb8
<--. This is my favorite part so far. i love the new background and client.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Updates

The first version has been completed, however, will not be released due to issues that can be resolved and speed improvements.

A new version will be built from the ground up using Koa.js as it's a speed improvement versus Express or the bulkier module of it, Sails.js - a simple, yet powerful administration panel may be included. Redis and other unused modules and not required dependencies will be removed.

Out of a million requests, Koa handled the fastest with a 5ms average
GET:/
done:1000000
200 OK: 1000000
rps: 3015
response: 0ms(min) 75ms(max) 5ms(avg)

Retaliation mid-way update is under development.

This will include
-Clean source-code
-Angular based front-end
-Rest API for the backend calls
-True health system which wasn't fully supported in last revision

pce

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
Nice to see a project that generally takes performance into consideration, when most people would just use express for the sake of convenience. Keep it up. :up:

I'd really would take a look into socket.io if you're doing something socket related, it's both functional and readable:

Socket.io:
Code:
var app = require('express')();
var http = require('http').Server(app);
var io = require('socket.io')(http);

app.get('/', function(req, res){
  res.sendfile('index.html');
});

io.on('connection', function(socket){
  console.log('a user connected');
});

http.listen(3000, function(){