Retaliation 3.0 | Node.js | Roleplaying Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Despite Laravel being built to handle multiple connections extremely well
Also, why in the fuck is this some stupid fucking crying thread for fucking people like you to complain about frameworks and how developers utilize them. For crying out fucking loud, this is better than a RevCMS edit, and if you don't like the damn thing, go do it yourself. I'm building this for the community, not as a major advanced fucking CMS
I think they are just trying to help.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I think they are just trying to help.
Trying to help would not be leaving snide comments. Eloquent slows things down, and so does the framework itself. If I truly wanted an incredibly fast CMS, I would stick with bare code, I'm using Eloquent because it's a hell of a lot easier to switch databases...Any helpful comments, feel free to post, any stupid comments that bring in what effects Eloquent has, or Blade templating I clearly already know. Ty fam

Added business overview (Shows businesses your own, as well as your net worth (business-wise).
The content boxes also change color based on employee count as shown in box 2

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-01-04 00.19.26.png
    Screenshot 2016-01-04 00.19.26.png
    277.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot 2016-01-04 00.20.56.png
    Screenshot 2016-01-04 00.20.56.png
    260.2 KB · Views: 35

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Despite Laravel being built to handle multiple connections extremely well
If they are used correctly, yes. This doesn't mean you should just use multiple connections for everything, they are there for a reason which is not to be used like this.

Also, why in the fuck is this some stupid fucking crying thread for fucking people like you to complain about frameworks and how developers utilize them. For crying out fucking loud, this is better than a RevCMS edit
Barely crying, anyone is allowed to comment on threads their opinions. You can't really compare this to RevCMS since it was written years ago and this is being written now, nevertheless I'd still prefer Rev over this inefficient bullshit to be honest even though some of the methods used in Rev are outdated now.

and if you don't like the damn thing, go do it yourself. I'm building this for the community, not as a major advanced fucking CMS
Go do what myself? create something as bad as this? no thanks, I have standards that I'd like to stick to. Building this for the community, yet you cant even take simple advice into consideration?

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
If they are used correctly, yes. This doesn't mean you should just use multiple connections for everything, they are there for a reason which is not to be used like this.

Barely crying, anyone is allowed to comment on threads their opinions. You can't really compare this to RevCMS since it was written years ago and this is being written now, nevertheless I'd still prefer Rev over this inefficient bullshit to be honest even though some of the methods used in Rev are outdated now.

Go do what myself? create something as bad as this? no thanks, I have standards that I'd like to stick to. Building this for the community, yet you cant even take simple advice into consideration?
Oops, Maybe I should follow your advice and not use 2 persistent connections at the moment to make my development easier, even if I'm merging it into one connection before release.
Advice followed, @BIOS is the new developer, and I deleted my source. Using a framework is extremely inefficient, and we should all stick with barebones PHP and mysql queries.

Mod close thread :)

A little bit of pictures from the latest build

Also, the CMS somehow runs faster than Rage's CMS which is built on Rev (Which is only a difference of about tens of thousands lines of code). I think that life's alright

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
You must be registered for see images attach
Here's the latest development screenshots. Yeah, the CMS is still blazing fast, and I will have a live demo of it running on my linux server and a demo of it on IIS later.
Possible release maybe, depends on how I feel.

(Linux)
Live demo, please use the beta tools for issues

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I'm looking for some new ideas to add onto this CMS. I'm perfectly open to whatever anyone requests, thanks :)

Here is the changelog from my CMS page
Code:
January 30, 2015

Removed multiple identities
Removed login with user email, replaced with username
Simplified routing structure to be cleaner
Started adding ORM relationships for cleaner syntax
Fixed login logger
January 24, 2016
Added account updating
Fixed business applications
Re wrote controller structure to be cleaner and fluent
January 18, 2016
Fixed redirect issues
Changed overall code to be linux compatible
January 17, 2016
Added full corporation listing by net worth

Added job applications for corporations without openings
Added full corporation management
January 16, 2016
Deducts open spot when taking a job
January 14, 2016
Pages Added
Login page
Registration
Character Portal
User Dashboard
Job Finder
Business Application
Business Management
CMS Info
Report Bugs
Theme Update
Deleted all previous themese assets
Added custom CSS, alongside Habbo's current style

Also, I'm considering adding a logger to all user actions, ie: Joined Job, Transfered Job Assets, Commented on Article

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Oi, so I'm planning on switching themes

or

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
I'm feeling it. The header needs something though, something.. cool.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I'm feeling it. The header needs something though, something.. cool.
Any ideas? I recently upgraded to Laravel 5.2, and switched to Habbo.so's design however may be temporarily.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Thread updated with latest development news
Make a GitHub so I can criticize you some more..

Why the sudden switch to Node.js? PHP 7 is more than good choice of language for developing a Habbo Roleplay website.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Make a GitHub so I can criticize you some more..

Why the sudden switch to Node.js? PHP 7 is more than good choice of language for developing a Habbo Roleplay website.
I been using Node to do various things on for the humane society, so decided to go mainstream

Github will be on the public version, this uses my own private theme for the moment so - hold

Francis Joseph provides feedback for more also, and I trust him quite a bit as well as my uncle. I'm not going to follow textbook for textbook on what could provide a quick .005ms extra of speed but do it at my pace :p so don't worry and stick to your development

Berk

berkibap#4233
Developer
Oct 17, 2015
A suggestion:
if you still continue this (too lazy to read all replies) you can add something like:
if someone is wanted it will send a cms alert says "x user is wanted.Any one see him/her? Report he/she to *sender user* !"
This would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread