Programming Language.

LucasDay

Nov 23, 2016
Hello Devbest. What programming language do you reccomend that I learn first ?
I have heard many times that Python is a good language to start with, however
if I start with C# or C++ It will be easier as I will be diving into the deep end.
But what do you personally think I should learn first ?
-L

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
And you're referring to MoonPHP? Which was never open source so you wouldn't be able to verify whether your claim was true or not (not). Also, the base class in which was used as a foundation in MoonPHP was from a public tutorial on the internet... still I'm not sure if they author's intentions were for people to use his code (sarcasm).
lol. there's been multiple threads where it has been pointing out and each time you had a brand new excuse for it.
Disregarding that time, you won't find any of my "development" threads that neglect to list the libraries used or give credits for source code (this is rare given that I rarely see anything good enough in this section to be in my source).
"that" time
You're really sad @eckostylez, at least you could state facts next time instead of sarcastic personal assertions. The fact that you never assess anyone's knowledge yet attempt to belittle them makes you look like you don't know what you're talking about in the first place.
there's plenty of people here i know are completely knowledgeable on numerous topics. just because i don't consider you one of those shouldn't make your panties get in a bunch.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
lol. there's been multiple threads where it has been pointing out and each time you had a brand new excuse for it.

"that" time

there's plenty of people here i know are completely knowledgeable on numerous topics. just because i don't consider you one of those shouldn't make your panties get in a bunch.
Then why should I value your opinion when I see myself as more knowledgeable than you?

Also, I'm not mad... I just have a tendency to dismiss bullshit right away.

Random question for @eckostylez
Explain how you would intercept the sys calls between 2 hypervisors without patching the sys call table and bypassing the security policies on the OS (if any).

This is a Linux OS on a Windows host btw.

Tell me if you want to get in a call, I'll explain the question more.

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
Then why should I value your opinion when I see myself as more knowledgeable than you?
you're under the assumption i care if you value my opinion. you're a random kid on the internet who has a superiority complex. my life will go on without some rando's validation
Random question for @eckostylez
Explain how you would intercept the sys calls between 2 hypervisors without patching the sys call table and bypassing the security policies on the OS (if any).

This is a Linux OS on a Windows host btw.
1. depends on what kind of syscall it it is
2. depends on what kind of library caches are being used
3. "a linux os on a windows host". none of that shit matters. it depends on the kernel being used and where the syscall is occurring. stating "2 hvms" means jack shit.
4. there's a syscall header file, depending on where the syscall is taking place and what kind of access is provided, there's no reason to even get so in depth
Tell me if you want to get in a call, I'll explain the question more.
how about a random question for you? how exactly does ldconfig create links?

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
you're under the assumption i care if you value my opinion. you're a random kid on the internet who has a superiority complex. my life will go on without some rando's validation
I'm pretty sure a "superiority complex" would be instantiating an argument by ignorantly claiming that someone doesn't know something, and then deepen the integrity your claim by further stating that you were "being generous" about it.

1. depends on what kind of syscall it it is
2. depends on what kind of library caches are being used
3. "a linux os on a windows host". none of that shit matters. it depends on the kernel being used and where the syscall is occurring. stating "2 hvms" means jack shit.
4. there's a syscall header file, depending on where the syscall is taking place and what kind of access is provided, there's no reason to even get so in depth
Why does it depend on what type of sys call? Why not just intercept system call invocations via system interrupts?
And this is between 2 VM's (Google VM jumping) and the host.

how about a random question for you? how exactly does ldconfig create links?
generally, the dynamic loader makes an inference on the type of ELF library based on what C libraries the library uses. there are multiple ways that ldconfig may due this :| ... just depends.

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
I'm pretty sure a "superiority complex" would be instantiating an argument by ignorantly claiming that someone doesn't know something, and then deepen the integrity your claim by further stating that you were "being generous" about it.
i gave you a compliment based upon my opinions. not my fault it somehow hurt your feelings.
Why does it depend on what type of sys call? Why not just intercept system call invocations via system interrupts?
And this is between 2 VM's (Google VM jumping) and the host.
you're trying too hard. you don't know enough about kernel architecture to even discuss this kind of topic. you don't know anything about syscall or trap numbers and are just spewing nonsense at this point.
generally, the dynamic loader makes an inference on the type of ELF library based on what C libraries the library uses. there are multiple ways that ldconfig may due this :| ... just depends.
no.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
you're trying too hard. you don't know enough about kernel architecture to even discuss this kind of topic. you don't know anything about syscall or trap numbers and are just spewing nonsense at this point.
See, this is your problem. Don't disregard something you don't know as invalid, or nonsense. This question has been asked to me before by a couple of my friends who have doctorates in computer science so I'm pretty sure it's a valid question to ask.

You need to stop assuming. Answer the question.

I don't "spew" nonsense without having sources to back it up, that'd be foolish. It was a serious question, so why don't you answer it? Or do you want a more elaborate explanation? Answer the question.

Don't disregard a valid question with "nonsense", let's get an answer.

Pretty certain that's how it works. We can even reference the linux manual.

Now that I think about it, you might have heard a previous explanation of ldconfig quite differently so here's basically a literal schema of it's algorithm.
for all libraries in the directory do
get soname of library
if soname is already in list
if new library is newer, replace entry
otherwise ignore this library
otherwise add library to list​

Last edited:

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
See, this is your problem. Don't disregard something you don't know as invalid, or nonsense. This question has been asked to me before by a couple of my friends who have doctorates in computer science so I'm pretty sure it's a valid question to ask.

You need to stop assuming. Answer the question.

I don't "spew" nonsense without having sources to back it up, that'd be foolish. It was a serious question, so why don't you answer it? Or do you want a more elaborate explanation? Answer the question.

Don't disregard a valid question with "nonsense", let's get an answer.
1. pretty sure i answered your question and more by asking for clarification. the fact you couldn't adequately respond to that shows your own lack of knowledge on the subject.
2. you're still in high school. "friends who have doctorates in comp sci" means shit to me.
3. why would these "friends" ask you this when you're lack competency on anything linux can be seen here:

Pretty certain that's how it works. We can even reference the linux manual
sure.
why haven't you answered any of the questions i have asked on clarification? what kind of access? why would "windows host" even matter one bit in this kind of scenario?

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
1. pretty sure i answered your question and more by asking for clarification. the fact you couldn't adequately respond to that shows your own lack of knowledge on the subject.
2. you're still in high school. "friends who have doctorates in comp sci" means shit to me.
3. why would these "friends" ask you this when you're lack competency on anything linux can be seen here:
lol, ur mad. Adequately respond to what? You weren't asking questions, you were stating them. Maybe you do need a career management class.

That whole thread was simply a misunderstanding of ShoutCast (which I know shit about), not Linux

It also was the persons fault on the thread for thinking he could be automatically notified when a file was updated, making me think the file was on a local machine. Confusing.

sure.
why haven't you answered any of the questions i have asked on clarification? what kind of access? why would "windows host" even matter one bit in this kind of scenario?
Why'd you link me to that? I think you should educate yourself a little bit more before putting your 2 cents into this @eckostylez

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
lol, ur mad. Adequately respond to what? You weren't asking questions, you were stating them. Maybe you do need a career management class.
it's all here
(don't edit your post... again)
i've asked the questions again and you still have yet to answer them.
That whole thread was simply a misunderstanding of ShoutCast (which I know shit about), not Linux
It also was the persons fault on the thread for thinking he could be automatically notified when a file was updated, making me think the file was on a local machine. Confusing.
"Jaden said:
Nope, aren't you a Linux SysAdmin? And you're unfamiliar with the command "trail"?"
here you are trying to talk about basic linux arch when not even a few months ago you erroneously stated a very common unix command (with no idea how it actually works)
Why'd you link me to that? I think you should educate yourself a little bit more before putting your 2 cents into this @eckostylez

has absolutely nothing to do with syscall or any of the points i have raised. i don't know why you're getting super upset just because i contradict to you.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
it's all here
(don't edit your post... again)
i've asked the questions again and you still have yet to answer them.

"Jaden said:
Nope, aren't you a Linux SysAdmin? And you're unfamiliar with the command "trail"?"
here you are trying to talk about basic linux arch when not even a few months ago you erroneously stated a very common unix command (with no idea how it actually works)

has absolutely nothing to do with syscall or any of the points i have raised. i don't know why you're getting super upset just because i contradict to you.
lol ur a funny lad. U still neglect to answer my question. That thread would've helped you if you knew what you were talking about in the first place.

I edit my post to make sure I'm getting my point across, that's about it. Not my fault you reload the page to fast before I'm done proofreading.

LucasDay

Nov 23, 2016
lol ur a funny lad. U still neglect to answer my question. That thread would've helped you if you knew what you were talking about in the first place.

I edit my post to make sure I'm getting my point across, that's about it. Not my fault you reload the page to fast before I'm done proofreading.
That makes no sence, why not proof read when your writing the actual post, and If I'm correct you completely changed your point in multiple of your posts.
Not to mention that you admitted to lying and trying to make yourself look better as shown here.
"That thread would've helped you if you knew what you were talking about in the first place." Because you said that the thread has nothing to do with it, but let me guess, you just didn't proof read it... Well then I call bullshit on that.

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
vqewJBZ.jpg

They say the ego hinders a man's potential to do greatness. @Jaden

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
vqewJBZ.jpg

They say the ego hinders a man's potential to do greatness. @Jaden
You call it an ego, but if you allow yourself to be belittled over the internet by someone who actually knows nothing about you? I call that "bitch".

Mama ain't raise me no bitch. :)

P.S: This is the kind of edits I do to my comments right after posting them, just adding in stuff to help get my point across better. (this was a second edit)

LucasDay

Nov 23, 2016
That makes no sence, why not proof read when your writing the actual post, and If I'm correct you completely changed your point in multiple of your posts.
Not to mention that you admitted to lying and trying to make yourself look better as shown here.
"That thread would've helped you if you knew what you were talking about in the first place." Because you said that the thread has nothing to do with it, but let me guess, you just didn't proof read it... Well then I call bullshit on that.
@Jaden Ignoring me ? Please answer and give your quote, otherwise your literally admitting to having a high ego and editing your comments to make your self look better & lying.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
@Jaden Ignoring me ? Please answer and give your quote, otherwise your literally admitting to having a high ego and editing your comments to make your self look better & lying.
ok, who are you?

I didn't answer because your statement made no sense. You were referring to things that you yourself misinterpreted as if you have a reading disability.

If you sincerely want a valid response to an argument you weren't even involved in, "new member". I suggest you correct your alleged "facts".

Here's a few to get you started.
I don't recall? As shown where exactly?

Are we even referring to the same thread?

Which ecko blatantly stated was no use to him in answering the question... when it was. Here's where those reading comprehension skills come into play, once again.

Before you even attempt to construct a response that is perceived in your eyes as valid (perceived to the rest of us as retardation). Ask yourself, "What is my point here?" and "How would losing my first argument on DevBest affect me, and my reputation". I wanna know the answers you come up with.

My advice? Just don't dig the hole even deeper than it already is.

LucasDay

Nov 23, 2016

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
your question (which you know nothing about) was answered here:
you have yet to respond to any of the points i have made:
1. what does have anything to do with intercepting syscall?
2. what kind of access is being given?
3. which library caches are being used?
4. where is the syscall occurring?
5. what type of syscall is it? you act like that doesn't matter when it's the most important part
yes, it is clearly my fault you "proofread" after submitting a post. makes complete sense. don't forget the thread where you stated version and build were not synonymous, despite you using them interchangeably (then going back and editing your post to not look even more foolish)

but go ahead, come back with another dumb reply that won't address any point i have made.
if anything it's ecko who's been blowing the first shot lately rofl
lately? i do it pretty much every time i see stupid shit posted. maybe you just started noticing because you're guilty of making stupid posts

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
your question (which you know nothing about) was answered here:
you have yet to respond to any of the points i have made:
1. what does have anything to do with intercepting syscall?
2. what kind of access is being given?
3. which library caches are being used?
4. where is the syscall occurring?
5. what type of syscall is it? you act like that doesn't matter when it's the most important part

yes, it is clearly my fault you "proofread" after submitting a post. makes complete sense. don't forget the thread where you stated version and build were not synonymous, despite you using them interchangeably (then going back and editing your post to not look even more foolish)

but go ahead, come back with another dumb reply that won't address any point i have made.

lately? i do it pretty much every time i see stupid shit posted. maybe you just started noticing because you're guilty of making stupid posts
i would expect such a successful 27 year old to not invest so much time into trying to correct or compare his experience with people 10 years younger.

guess i was mistake ;p

Users who are viewing this thread