PhpStrap - Responsive PHP Software For Beginner Developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doge

Jan 12, 2012
Maybe, after settings finished, then make a beta?
Yeah, I mean it's only really basic at the moment.

Also It's kind of a CMS to build on, like I haven't added pages for a reason. As said in the first post "Bootstrapping refers to a self-sustaining process that proceeds without external help", meaning this script was built to be built on.

Visit to get latest; It's where I'm posting updates. Check forum.

Last edited:

Doge

Jan 12, 2012
5WSXE.png

5WT0J.png

5WTcL.png

5WT25.png

5WT8A.png

5WTaj.png

This BETA should be released pretty soon.

Damon

Aug 13, 2012
Looks like this is going to be great. As Mega said, Looks sexy as and uses all bootstrap which is also good. Can not wait to try it out.

Nehalem

Aug 31, 2013
Too bad that the login reminds me of WordPress's login.

It looks good anyway, simple and beautiful, and the codes are pretty clean as well :) But the background could be changed :p

Doge

Jan 12, 2012
Too bad that the login reminds me of WordPress's login.

It looks good anyway, simple and beautiful, and the codes are pretty clean as well :) But the background could be changed :p
Really simple to integrate your own template ;) Just upload it and add the stuff you want :p

Nehalem

Aug 31, 2013
Really simple to integrate your own template ;) Just upload it and add the stuff you want :p
Just a question... why are you using mysql_error if you're using MySQLi? There is a variable in MySQLi for that too.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Looks nice

Sent from my iPod touch using

Doge

Jan 12, 2012
Looks nice

Thanks a lot man.

OT; Nehalem is now a developer of PhpStrap. A stable download will soon be available for download at , this will also be posted in the Web Market.

Nehalem

Aug 31, 2013
I have been working on this in a couple of days now, and I will now, proudly, announce the new updates to you guys.
  • I have cleaned up the code, and got rid of almost all mysql_* extensions (since PhpStrap is using MySQLi and not MySQL).
  • I have completed the installtion part, it should work now (to 100%).
  • Fixed some major security and performance issues as well.
  • The blog system is almost done. I have made it possible for the user to actually view the entire blog post on a new page. And it only shows the title and some of the content (maybe 200 chars) in the blog list.
  • Users can now comment on the blog posts, and also reply to other blog comments.
  • Users can now actually LIKE a blog post (the function isn't 100% complete tho)
  • Some small, but major fixes in the database.
  • I have coded new functions into the administration panel (edit user, delete user, etc)
  • And instead of showing a text message when a non-user visits a users-only page, it redirects you to the index (this will be changed later on)
Screenshots:
iLQxrGy.png

XnvI72i.png

yb54.png

yzHuW2o.png

I haven't uploaded the latest changes on github, but some new changes are there.
More information about Phpstrap can be found .
Thanks.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Nice updates ,3

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
What benefits does PHPStrap offer over something like Wordpress or Drupal?

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
What benefits does PHPStrap offer over something like Wordpress or Drupal?
That's not the point, I doubt he's hardly developing this to compete with those huge, well established projects. I'm guessing it's for experience, which is exactly what I do.

Anyway, your progress is looking good. Well done.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Nice, will look into tomorrow!

AaidenX

Jun 30, 2012
Mm... your script looks like MySQLi Prepared Statements? Looks amazin' dude! Btw aren't you using OOP?

Nehalem

Aug 31, 2013
Mm... your script looks like MySQLi Prepared Statements? Looks amazin' dude! Btw aren't you using OOP?
Well, I haven't found so much prepared statements tbh, just a few, as in the login and the register scripts. Otherwise not.

And no, PHPStrap isn't coded in Object-Oriented style... yet. We still have a lot to do before we can release the stable non-beta version 1 release, and I don't think we want to start on something completely new, before we're even done with the old plans.

I'm also working on a new theme for our forums ( ) - to make it more unique. I've done the basic structure of it, but I still need to add some small details, and make it into a theme < And that will take a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread