PhpStrap - Responsive PHP Software For Beginner Developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doge

Jan 12, 2012
Logo.png
Overview
PhpStrap is to be a website administration script that is fit to work on any website and is fully customisable, PhpStrap will include many different features that most websites will want. I am developing PhpStrap not only for personal use but for small-time website designers that offer services to people to gain a bit more money, I will be using this my self and showing my company how to use it; this tool will be free and available to download once I have coded a stable release.

Features
  • Full installation script;
  • User Secure Login + Register;
  • User Secure pages;
  • Report System;
  • Site Feedback System;
  • Gallery System;
  • Poll System;
  • Downloads System;
  • FAQ System;
Other
PhpStrap comes with a set amount of short variables which developers can input into their websites after including the global PHP file on that page, developers can then easily create user profiles, download pages for users only etc.

Some pseudo example
Code:
include global.php
[users only]
body:
Welcome back $user!

Content, possibly a profile.

Code Snippet
Before I work on the security of the code I will be coding it in basic form, this is to check to see if it all works correctly; sure this is timely but it's how I sometimes like to do it. Project planning ;)
Code:
<div class="row-fluid"> <div class="span12"> <div class="well"> <div class="comupd"> </div> <?php $getblogs = mysql_query("SELECT DISTINCT * FROM blogposts WHERE user_id = ORDER BY status_id DESC LIMIT 12") or die(mysql_error()); while ( $blogfield = mysql_fetch_assoc($getblogs) ) { echo "<div class=\"well\"><strong>"; print $blogfield['username'] . ": "; echo "</strong>"; print $blogfield['status']; echo "</div>"; } ?> </div> </div> </div>
Snippet that receives statistics shown on the administration dashboard.
Code:
//Fetch Statistics
    //Fetch how many users
$hmusers = $conn->prepare("SELECT * FROM users");
$hmusers->execute();
$hmusers->store_result();

$numofusers = $hmusers->num_rows;

//Fetch how many blog posts
$hmposts = $conn->prepare("SELECT * FROM posts");
$hmposts->execute();
$hmposts->store_result();

$numofposts = $hmposts->num_rows;
?>

Time of completion
Unknown, this is a side project I will be working on. I have some dentist clinic that wants a website next week along with course work that needs doing. I will keep this thread updated.

Progress Report (more at )
(11/11/2013) Started on administration template.
(5/11/2013) Working on getting the basics of the script done; I'm using MySQLi to do so - See screenshot for barebones of the script.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Update: 23/12/13

PhpStrap will now have theme integration allowing users to upload their own themes to their server to customise them, this will be done using RainTPL.
PLEASE NOTE: Currently working on a unique CMS for one of my website design companies clients so development has been slowed down.

Update: 24/12/13
5WSXE.png

5WT0J.png

5WTcL.png

5WT25.png

5WT8A.png

5WTaj.png

Last edited:

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Nice, but rather see some of the coding where the variables are stored, and how it is database side.

Spoderman

y u do dis 2 me
Jun 30, 2013
Looks good, so it's basically like Bootstrap, but different in it's own way?

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Isn't mysql_query deprecated? Either way, good luck and hope to this carried through.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Before you continue coding, ditch the mysql_* functionality. It's all about MySQLi and PDO now. I'd recommend MySQLi though.

Doge

Jan 12, 2012
Thanks for the feedback, I will be using pdo for most of it and I've been talking to a local web developer and he's given me some more tips on how to make it even more secure.
Don't expect this to be a quick development, ill post some updates this week.

Doge

Jan 12, 2012
Looks good so far, I agree with @TrevorPhillips MYSQLi is your best bet.
So would you say something like this for example? The dbconnect (just quickly googled) {
Code:
<?php
define("DB_HOST","your-mysql-hostname");
define("DB_USER","your-mysql-account-username");
define("DB_PASS","your-mysql-account-password");
define("DB_NAME","your-mysql-database-name");
// CONNECT TO MYSQLI
$sqli = mysqli_connect(DB_HOST, DB_USER, DB_PASS, DB_NAME) or die(mysqli_errno());
or something like
Code:
define("HOST", "localhost"); // The host you want to connect to. define("USER", "sec_user"); // The database username. define("PASSWORD", "eKcGZr59zAa2BEWU"); // The database password. define("DATABASE", "secure_login"); // The database name. $mysqli = new mysqli(HOST, USER, PASSWORD, DATABASE); // If you are connecting via TCP/IP rather than a UNIX socket remember to add the port number as a parameter.

Last edited:

Doge

Jan 12, 2012
Progress Update added - Updated thread and added a screenshot of progress so far.

Nehalem

Aug 31, 2013
Stick to one thing. Either MySQLi OR pdo, don't "mix" them.

Anyway, it looks good so far, and I think this will be one of the few successfull projects on DevBest. Good luck, and have you begin to work on the design yet?

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Code:
<?php
define("DB_HOST","your-mysql-hostname");
define("DB_USER","your-mysql-account-username");
define("DB_PASS","your-mysql-account-password");
define("DB_NAME","your-mysql-database-name");
// CONNECT TO MYSQLI
$sqli = mysqli_connect(DB_HOST, DB_USER, DB_PASS, DB_NAME) or die(mysqli_errno());
?>

Why don't you use OOP with MySQLi? It would be something like:

PHP:
class MySQLi
{

public $sqli; // This is a public variable so you can later use it for queries.

public $host = "127.0.0.1";
public $user = "root";
public $pass = "something";
public $name = "something";

public function __construct()
{
  $this->sqli = new mysqli($this->host, $this->user, $this->pass, $this->name);
  if(mysqli_connect_errno()) { die(mysqli_connect_error()); }
}

} $MySQLi = new MySQLi();

Oh and if you go with MySQLi, i would suggest preparing statements.

Anywho, good luck and remember to keep the thread updated!

Last edited:

Doge

Jan 12, 2012
Stick to one thing. Either MySQLi OR pdo, don't "mix" them.

Anyway, it looks good so far, and I think this will be one of the few successfull projects on DevBest. Good luck, and have you begin to work on the design yet?
You asked that before your post was deleted, I haven't started working on a design yet; I am currently working on the back-end coding. I'm doing to draw up a design probably doodling and hopefully try make it nice. I'm thinking the login and all the stuff the user can see will use Bootstrap as of course this project will be for designers that want to quickly change the CSS, use it as it is responsive or just use it in a modern site.

Bootstrapping or booting refers to a group of which refer to a self-sustaining process that proceeds without external help.

More updates on this project soon, thanks for the feedback so far. I hope to have some sort of development website running in the week, too. Might put me a little behind on the development, but there are things I just need to do. I don't want to rush this of course.

Doge

Jan 12, 2012
Simple website created until I find the time to create a nice basic theme for it:

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Simple website created until I find the time to create a nice basic theme for it:
You weren't kidding about that simple-ness were you?

Anyways, will you be updating that as soon as you've added a feature etc? If so, then maybe order it by date (or some sort of order) so it's clearer to read.

Doge

Jan 12, 2012
You weren't kidding about that simple-ness were you?

Anyways, will you be updating that as soon as you've added a feature etc? If so, then maybe order it by date (or some sort of order) so it's clearer to read.
Tell me about it, 50px padding; e6e6e6 bg; img: logo; LI items lol. And yeah I'll be adding dates to the updates :p

Doge

Jan 12, 2012
*Updated thread with dashboard.php theme so far :3
*Working on GUI etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread