New Developer looking for help!

kokomegz

Oct 16, 2024
Hey everyone. I just started getting into development (a little career switch attempt) for now lol.

Im actually looking to connect with people who know how to setup Habbo Retros. It was a big part of my childhood & setting one up & managing it has always been a dream. Im a grown adult, I dont have any interest in playing it. Rather, setting one up and successfully acquiring users, growing it, etc.. is my goal

If you know how to do any of that, id love to connect on discord & see what we can do. Id be taking care of all expenses, just need the brains behind the development. Id also be learning from you!

Thanks

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Have you tried setting one up yourself? There’s a very detailed tutorial on how to do it. Seen as though it’s a career switch attempt I’d recommend at least trying.

kokomegz

Oct 16, 2024
I definitely don't mind trying. It would be more rewarding, however, a few things I keep thinking of:
1: I want to build something that actually grows and garners users. Will my intermediate skills build something durable, reliable, etc.?
2. From what I know, regular updates are sometimes needed to the game. How that's done, how good it needs to be done, etc...
3. Protection from attacks. I know that comes from things like cloudflare, but I also wonder how much of it relates to being a good developer who can code something safe/durable

cammy

Donator
May 15, 2014
"I dont have any interest in playing it." Personally I think it's best for you to find something you are interested in and working on that.

1: I want to build something that actually grows and garners users. Will my intermediate skills build something durable, reliable, etc.?
It's very easy to maintain a habbo retro, if you're willing to learn the basics.

2. From what I know, regular updates are sometimes needed to the game. How that's done, how good it needs to be done, etc...
Keep updating furniture, clothes, and other updates Habbo pushes.

3. Protection from attacks. I know that comes from things like cloudflare, but I also wonder how much of it relates to being a good developer who can code something safe/durable.
Basically everything relates to how good it has been coded. If you code a poor login system for a CMS, it's going to be easily bypassed/abused?

Last edited:

kokomegz

Oct 16, 2024
"I dont have any interest in playing it." Personally I think it's best for you to find something you are interested in and working on that.
No, I'm definitely interested in retros, hence my desire to make one. I'm not at the age anymore where I want to play it, but more behind the scenes, managing & onboarding people who enjoy the ig aspect of managing it.
Post automatically merged:

Have you tried setting one up yourself? There’s a very detailed tutorial on how to do it. Seen as though it’s a career switch attempt I’d recommend at least trying.
By the way, are there any specific tutorials you recommend? I found a few on youtube & this forum but wondering if there's one you have in mind

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
No, I'm definitely interested in retros, hence my desire to make one. I'm not at the age anymore where I want to play it, but more behind the scenes, managing & onboarding people who enjoy the ig aspect of managing it.

By the way, are there any specific tutorials you recommend? I found a few on youtube & this forum but wondering if there's one you have in mind
Yeah you commented on it. It’s in 3 parts.

React

Sep 17, 2023
Importantly to run a "successful" project you need to play it to engage with your users and hear feedback directly from the horses mouth. It's all good and well being a behind the scenes developer but in my opinion, users definitely appreciate knowing who to go to, should they have a problem or suggestion.

I can help you if you get stuck with anything, or if you need any guidance, as can people like Joe, we're all pretty friendly.

Importantly to run a "successful" project you need to play it to engage with your users and hear feedback directly from the horses mouth. It's all good and well being a behind the scenes developer but in my opinion, users definitely appreciate knowing who to go to, should they have a problem or suggestion.

I can help you if you get stuck with anything, or if you need any guidance, as can people like Joe, we're all pretty friendly.

kokomegz

Oct 16, 2024

Appreciate that! I definitely don't mind using something I put together myself, there's an aspect of pride involved for sure. You're right about taking feedback. I'll get the process started & will reach out only if I end up stuck at some points. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread