Is Jaden a retard?

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
In technical terms Linux is a kernel, yes calling it otherwise would obviously be incorrect but that's not the point.

There are many distributions which run the Linux kernel, rather than going into detail, it's much easier to state it as a Linux OS.
Again flip-flopping. A Linux OS is much different than what you were referring to before, which was "THE Linux OS".

Just stop trying. You've already acknowledged that calling Linux an OS is incorrect. Making excuses for it only makes you look more foolish.

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Again flip-flopping. A Linux OS is much different than what you were referring to before, which was "THE Linux OS".

Just stop trying. You've already acknowledged that calling Linux an OS is incorrect. Making excuses for it only makes you look more foolish.
I never said THE, I've already told you that I was referring to Linux distributions as an whole by saying that lol, so how it is flip-flopping when I'm basically repeating what I've already said because you didn't read it.

I am using the "Linux operating system" to describe Linux distributions as an whole which run the Linux kernel

It's you that needs to stop going on lol, I've already stated facts and I'm pretty much repeated what I've already said. I don't even know why you turned this into an argument in the first place when the original thread was unrelated, it asked for basic answers not complete technical discussions.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
In technical terms Linux is a kernel, yes calling it otherwise would obviously be incorrect but that's not the point.

There are many distributions which run the Linux kernel, rather than going into detail, it's much easier to state it as a Linux OS.
That was the point until you realized you were wrong and changed your point which makes no sense

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
That was the point until you realized you were wrong and changed your point which makes no sense
No it wasn't? I've been saying that since the start, I said that then shortly after ecko pretty much copied me in a post word for word.

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
"how is it flip-flopping"?
Those are two different points of view, technical and simple terms. Which I have also stated I was discussing from both sides.

Linux isn't technically an OS, however it is most commonly referred to as one as it is much simpler.

When are you actually going to stop going on about it? We both know what it is, it's just I used the simpler term to describe it in a post as that's what it's most commonly known as and you got mad about it.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
Those are two different points of view, technical and simple terms. Which I have also stated I was discussing from both sides.

Linux isn't technically an OS, however it is most commonly referred to as one as it is much simpler.

When are you actually going to stop going on about it? We both know what it is, it's just I used the simpler term to describe it in a post as that's what it's most commonly known as and you got mad about it.
Well considering it took you 3 pages to even say that it isn't an OS you're just calling it one because it's easy, I would say you're flip flopping. You didn't even acknowledge this until you were constantly proven wrong
Also, if you call it an OS to somehow simplify it you're still wrong

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Well considering it took you 3 pages to even say that it isn't an OS you're just calling it one because it's easy, I would say you're flip flopping. You didn't even acknowledge this until you were constantly proven wrong
Also, if you call it an OS to somehow simplify it you're still wrong
It is most commonly known as an OS, even though it is a kernel. Not really flip-flopping, it's discussing it from two views. I haven't been proven wrong, lol? We are saying the same thing repeatedly...

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Except half a dozen people have already pointed out you're wrong. You really are delusional.
How am I wrong when i've clearly already stated that Linux is a kernel but is sometimes referred to as an OS by some?

You say it isn't advertised as an OS?

That is also what I mean by simplicity.

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
How am I wrong when i've clearly already stated that Linux is a kernel but is sometimes referred to as an OS by some?

You say it isn't advertised as an OS?

That is also what I mean by simplicity.
And the reason for that, which I have already stated, is because of idiots like you who refer to Linux as an OS.

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
And the reason for that, which I have already stated, is because of idiots like you who refer to Linux as an OS.
No it's for simplicity sake, lol. I think both of those know Linux is actually a kernel, don't you think? Especially Google...

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
No it's for simplicity sake, lol. I think both of those know Linux is actually a kernel, don't you think? Especially Google...
No, it's because of idiots like you who began to refer to Linux based operating systems as Linux itself. When a company puts that their product supports Linux, they are referring to an operating system that is based around the Linux kernel. They are not like idiots like you, who state Linux itself was an OS.

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
How is it simpler to call Linux an OS rather than a kernel
Because that way all, they are all grouped (Windows, OSX, Linux) and most people think it as an OS.

No, it's because of idiots like you who began to refer to Linux based operating systems as Linux itself. When a company puts that their product supports Linux, they are referring to an operating system that is based around the Linux kernel. They are not like idiots like you, who state Linux itself was an OS.
"they are referring to an operating system that is based around the Linux kernel. ", thank you for saying this. I've seen saying this for the last 5 pages.

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
Because that way all, they are all grouped (Windows, OSX, Linux) and most people think it as an OS.

"they are referring to an operating system that is based around the Linux kernel. ", thank you for saying this. I've seen saying this for the last 5 pages.
contradicts that

You're an idiot who likely has no Linux based experience, which is why not one person has agreed with your sentiment.

Users who are viewing this thread