Is Jaden a retard?

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
a linux OS vs the linux OS.

calling Linux itself an OS is simply invalid.

GNU would be the operating system there genius boy
Are you fucking stupid? Or are you just especially fucking retarded? can you read? "I think 1 of you are mistaken, for the "GNU/Linux""

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
You really do try your best, don't you? I have no more time for you lol, you just cannot accept facts.
please come on irc.rizon.net #linux or irc.freenode.net #linux and use the same logic you have used here. i'll be happy if rms happens to be on so he can tell you you're a fucking idiot.
Are you fucking stupid? Or are you just especially fucking retarded? can you read? "I think 1 of you are mistaken, for the "GNU/Linux""
you're a joke, go an hero

it's been 5 minutes, have you decided to learn another programming language?

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
please come on irc.rizon.net #linux or irc.freenode.net #linux and use the same logic you have used here. i'll be happy if rms happens to be on so he can tell you you're a fucking idiot.
you're a joke, go an hero

it's been 5 minutes, have you decided to learn another programming language?
Yeah, and I suggest you keep up with my progress, because when whoever "they" is fire you? That'll be for freshly educated meat, don't play stupid.

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
Yeah, and I suggest you keep up with my progress, because when whoever "they" is fire you? That'll be for freshly educated meat, don't play stupid.
what even is this post? you talking about my job? because my field is not meant for inexperienced kids such as yourself. they don't hire someone without a minimum of 6 years experience in a very specific role

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
what even is this post? you talking about my job? because my field is not meant for inexperienced kids such as yourself. they don't hire someone without a minimum of 6 years experience in a very specific role
Yeah, I bet you put your mouth on a lot of penises for that position, eh boy?
I never said Linux was a OS, my statement was actually against it. YET I did like when he pointed out how your statements contradict themselves 99% of the time.

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
Yeah, I bet you put your mouth on a lot of penises for that position, eh boy?
QWDpESb.jpg

gg

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
I am using the "Linux operating system" to describe Linux distributions as an whole which run the Linux kernel just like other operating systems such as Android which I have previously mentioned.

You've been asking for "the Linux OS" download, are you referring to the actual source used to build a distribution or a pre-existing distribution? These are two completely different stories.

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
From what you were saying earlier, there is an operating system (like Windows for example) called Linux

That is what we are requesting

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
From what you were saying earlier, there is an operating system (like Windows for example) called Linux

That is what we are requesting
I am using the "Linux operating system" to describe Linux distributions as an whole which run the Linux kernel just like other operating systems such as Android which I have previously mentioned.

Linux is nothing like Windows, however is still an OS. You can't just download "the" Linux OS, UNLESS you are referring to the source which it is built upon. However you can download pre-existing Linux operating system distributions.

Which of the two are you speaking of?

let's all just masturbate and forget about this whole argument.
Oh

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
Also, btw you pretty much went against your own argument an hour before you first posted in this thread complaining about using the "linux OS" term.

nono, that is what you call "slang".

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
you highlighted the part where ecko says "... install a linux os .."
Are you trying to say that defeats what he's been arguing about? Because it's not, Linux OS is slang, technically it's not a correct term.

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
you highlighted the part where ecko says "... install a linux os .."
Are you trying to say that defeats what he's been arguing about? Because it's not, Linux OS is slang, technically it's not a correct term.

If that's how everyone is viewing it then that's the same usage of the term I had used...

I am using the "Linux operating system" to describe Linux distributions as an whole

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Linux is nothing like Windows, however is still an OS. You can't just download "the" Linux OS, UNLESS you are referring to the source which it is built upon. However you can download pre-existing Linux operating system distributions.

You didn't answer my question...

go read the man page on uname, then tell me what the command uname returns in shell
That'd just return the system info depending on the parameters you specify, e.g. kernel version/distro name etc.

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
root@autobots [~]# uname
Linux
root@autobots [~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 6.7 (Final)

Do you see the difference?

Users who are viewing this thread