How would you describe a successful hotel?

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
The banning is for those toxic people who cause drama- we don't want that here and you've missed the entire point about fostering this kind of environment and having success with it despite everyone's doubts running a hotel this way. Are you actually this bored you have to pick a nonsensical fight over nothing at all? You seem to live in the glory days where retros actually had numbers, this isnt the case anymore and if you're so miserable with the state they are in I don't get why you always have to put in your two cents and pick fights everywhere you go lol

Dreamer

Nov 5, 2020
The retro community died years ago lol, quit begging for attention and do something useful other than ask people for money on your hotel with a default site and client lol.
You might wanna get your facts straight. As a member of his hotel and team, I can't remember the last time Puffin has ever asked for money. No one on there is forced to donate. If people wanna donate then great, go for it. But it's not forced down anyone's throat. As for the hotel, it's quite unique compared to the rest of the hotels that are out there. So what we have a small community? A small community is a lot better than a toxic community with tons of users. I don't understand what's making you so bitter over a hotel though. I'm sorry that you are so miserable with your own life that you feel the need to try to drag others down with you.

Mybobba's one year birthday is coming up next month and we're all very excited for that... not to mention lots of exciting things planned for Halloween! Hope to see you there!

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
The banning is for those toxic people who cause drama- we don't want that here and you've missed the entire point about fostering this kind of environment and having success with it despite everyone's doubts running a hotel this way. Are you actually this bored you have to pick a nonsensical fight over nothing at all? You seem to live in the glory days where retros actually had numbers, this isnt the case anymore and if you're so miserable with the state they are in I don't get why you always have to put in your two cents and pick fights everywhere you go lol
The hotel I worked on a few months ago begs to differ...

You must be registered for see images attach

I am bored, but I would assume you're equally bored and asked for our perspective. Unfortunately, in diverse communities you'll run across different opinions but your hotel hasn't reached that size - probably as a result of the bans
Post automatically merged:

You might wanna get your facts straight. As a member of his hotel and team, I can't remember the last time Puffin has ever asked for money. No one on there is forced to donate. If people wanna donate then great, go for it. But it's not forced down anyone's throat. As for the hotel, it's quite unique compared to the rest of the hotels that are out there. So what we have a small community? A small community is a lot better than a toxic community with tons of users. I don't understand what's making you so bitter over a hotel though. I'm sorry that you are so miserable with your own life that you feel the need to try to drag others down with you.

Mybobba's one year birthday is coming up next month and we're all very excited for that... not to mention lots of exciting things planned for Halloween! Hope to see you there!
Are you gaslighting us?

Dreamer

Nov 5, 2020
Can i ask why you're so obsessed with user count? So what they got more users than we do? big deal. I'd rather have a safe space with 10 users than a toxic place where i'm being doxxed 24-7. Just don't understand what you're starting beef for lol

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
The hotel I worked on a few months ago begs to differ...

I am bored, but I would assume you're equally bored and asked for our perspective. Unfortunately, in diverse communities you'll run across different opinions but your hotel hasn't reached that size - probably as a result of the bans
Post automatically merged:

Are you gaslighting us?

How does that imply I force people to buy anything? People want go give money and support the hotel that's their business, a lot of its gone right bac into the retro community regardless. Ive never personally asked a single person to give a penny for anything.

But its cute how you whine about vanilla then show me vanilla atom with a usercount that couldnt possibly match the english hotel scene in 2023 lmao

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Can i ask why you're so obsessed with user count? So what they got more users than we do? big deal. I'd rather have a safe space with 10 users than a toxic place where i'm being doxxed 24-7. Just don't understand what you're starting beef for lol
It's the only metric we can use for identifying if people actually like it or not. Otherwise it's an echo chamber of yays or nays
How does that imply I force people to buy anything? People want go give money and support the hotel that's their business, a lot of its gone right bac into the retro community regardless. Ive never personally asked a single person to give a penny for anything.

But its cute how you whine about vanilla then show me vanilla atom with a usercount that couldnt possibly match the english hotel scene in 2023 lmao
I was apart of the big roleplays and hotels back in the day too bud lol. I resigned from them because we had different views and I prefer to do things from scratch :)

Anyways feel free to PM me before this thread gets locked, I can help you out with some feedback at any time.
Discord: lechris.

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
It's the only metric we can use for identifying if people actually like it or not. Otherwise it's an echo chamber of yays or nays

I was apart of the big roleplays and hotels back in the day too bud lol. I resigned from them because we had different views and I prefer to do things from scratch :)
It's not the only way, but I guess having a high online count gives you some kind of ego boost so I can understand your perspective I suppose. It would be a nice feeling.

Personally, I feel like still having a solid core community of 40-60 users daily who actively participate and enjoy what you've created, a year after you opened, despite how small the English retro scene is and how many hotels are around for people to chose from is success in itself.. all while fostering an environment that supports and encourages one another and maintaining the peace through all that time means a little more than a 114 user count on a hotel that probably lasted about 4 months honestly. I can't help it if I've found a great group of people who support my vision and just want an experience they can enjoy, because the reality of the majority of the retro scene is the complete opposite. So I give back by investing into my hotel, doing what I can, for the the small amount of people left in the English community who just want an enjoyable experience. I don't see why you need to attack that, there are people out there doing a lot worse with their hotels, im just trying to do a little good for the community

Liam

one day at a time
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
Your point is mute considering the hotel is using software made by people who DDOS and hack hotels lol

How do you think Krews started? It would be impossible to have a hotel without associating with them
I don't agree with people who do that, but people will use software regardless of where it came from.

FYI, it's not impossible to have a hotel without associating with them. Plus Emulator? Comet? (However, I'm not sure of the history of Comet.)

You don't need to use Arcturus to open a hotel, it's just the easiest option to use with Nitro.

GooGoo

Jan 20, 2021
In my opinion if your hotel has less than 10 people it’s is definitely not successful it’s ok it’s there it’s available doesn’t mean anything other than that. Just because you spent money in it have all these new cool features doesn’t make it successful or any good if the users don’t agree to it. You can’t self claim something like that. It’s a title given to you by the community and the users.

These habbo developers aren’t developing the next rocket ship these features aren’t all new and unique to be costing over 100$ for a plug-in. Not to mention most ideas are just stolen from others. People just want to monetize and make money instead of contributing and that’s why the boat is sinking. If you want to make real money get a real job. Habbo projects were meant for the community. If people really wanted to pay they would just play the original game and pay there. The whole point was to make something different and free for the community and somewhere along the years people figured why not make a couple cents to help pay for the servers and keep it going for the community.. cool. Now people want to make every line of code cost an arm and a leg because the average noob doesn’t know better and wants to be able to run a hotel too. Figures take advantage and make money right. It’s fine to make some money but it’s not cool to take advantage. People in krews are just money hungry in my opinion.

xLinkest

Jul 18, 2023
These habbo developers aren’t developing the next rocket ship these features aren’t all new and unique to be costing over 100$ for a plug-in. Not to mention most ideas are just stolen from others. People just want to monetize and make money instead of contributing and that’s why the boat is sinking. If you want to make real money get a real job. Habbo projects were meant for the community.
I can honestly second that and agree. Projects like RevCMS, uberCMS, PlusEMU, uberEMU, and a few others that actually had an impact in the Habbo Retro community were all either open-source projects or free projects that were released and given to the community which actually kept the retro community going and well-alive. I never understood why all these new "developers" are only interested in developing something to make revenue and money from it, not to mention you don't even receive the source code of the plug-ins you paid for. Question is do you really even own what you just paid for? Are you the considered the "respective owner" for a plug-in you brainstormed and came up with? Doesn't make sense. This is just one of many things that caused the community to go downhill and most retro owners have no choice but to use the tutorials that are available , the plug-ins that were leaked, and they are still limited to creativity due to the fact that. Now I know what most people will say... "If you don't want to pay, then learn/teach yourself" but not everyone has the knowledge of development nor do they have the time dedicate time like an actual developer would behind developing.

BUT TO ANSWER THE ORIGINAL QUESTION
Habba.io is the perfect example of what a successful hotel looks like. A custom (new look) CMS/website theme that has never been seen before (its not the default Atom theme everyone uses), @Rain also made massive changes and edits onto the Arcturus Morningstar Emulator build he is using, many UI edits and changes, and he also made his own plugins that nobody has or uses. Not too mention his community of users all are dedicated towards Habba and its not the typical group of friends that just migrated over to the newest hotel that opened. It's drama free, no toxicity, and everyone participates. Long story short, it's far from "AFK Land" like the hotels that have over 30+ but everyone is idle and not even paying attention to the client.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Developers have always charged money and nothing has changed. In the old days, you could buy Phoenix with no source for $25 a month or Butterfly for 4 figures and no updates.

I'm pretty sure Uber was for profit, got leaked and same for Roys other "releases" like Snowlight. Every CMS you listed had major exploits for years that took a toll on the community as well lol

The only difference is hotel owners have gotten drastically lazier and feel like technical stuff isn't apart of their role. The community has far more quality emulators, cms', clients and more available and Nitro makes everything so much easier.

A simple solution is to learn coding if you can't pay for it. Every developer in this scene once was an owner that knew nothing but cared enough about their hotel they learned programming

Last edited:

Liam

one day at a time
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
In my opinion if your hotel has less than 10 people it’s is definitely not successful it’s ok it’s there it’s available doesn’t mean anything other than that.
This might have meant something if we were still in 2013. Having 10 or 100 online doesn't mean anything. People flock from hotel to hotel all the time.

Just because you spent money in it have all these new cool features doesn’t make it successful or any good if the users don’t agree to it. You can’t self claim something like that. It’s a title given to you by the community and the users.
At the end of the day, it's all opinions. A community of hotel hoppers and toxic 'adults' does not have the power to give you any such title.

BUT TO ANSWER THE ORIGINAL QUESTION
Habba.io is the perfect example of what a successful hotel looks like. A custom (new look) CMS/website theme that has never been seen before (its not the default Atom theme everyone uses), @Rain also made massive changes and edits onto the Arcturus Morningstar Emulator build he is using, many UI edits and changes, and he also made his own plugins that nobody has or uses. Not too mention his community of users all are dedicated towards Habba and its not the typical group of friends that just migrated over to the newest hotel that opened. It's drama free, no toxicity, and everyone participates. Long story short, it's far from "AFK Land" like the hotels that have over 30+ but everyone is idle and not even paying attention to the client.
Rain has opened and closed this hotel under the same theme many times now. It's just a quick money grab.

The design is poorly done.

He's known for faking the user count on every hotel he's owned.

Props to him for trying to stand out, though.

--

Some of you have been living under a rock and really don't know the history of half of these hotel owners.

Of course, this is just my opinion. :)

GooGoo

Jan 20, 2021
It may be an opinion but the users opinion is what makes the hotel how can you claim to have a successful hotel if the users say it sucks or no one plays doesn’t make much sense. Same as any other game it needs to be popular to be successful.

xLinkest

Jul 18, 2023
This might have meant something if we were still in 2013. Having 10 or 100 online doesn't mean anything. People flock from hotel to hotel all the time.

At the end of the day, it's all opinions. A community of hotel hoppers and toxic 'adults' does not have the power to give you any such title.

Rain has opened and closed this hotel under the same theme many times now. It's just a quick money grab.

--

Some of you have been living under a rock and really don't know the history of half of these hotel owners.

Hablush was for sure considered another hotel that was unique and different. But everyone was blinded by the other bullshit retros that couldn't compare to Lush during that time. But that goes to prove no matter how much work is put behind a hotel and no matter how unique it is management, community-base, and most importantly how its ran will determine its success. NOT FEATURES - Because Hablush was way more advanced then what everyone else was offering during its time (no disrespect but even Boon). Economy was great, CMS was gorgeous, catalog was organized, I remember. So @Liam has a point here for sure!

Rain

c
Mar 13, 2015

--

Liam with the salt once again LOL.
In my opinion, a good hotel should have a decent economy, things to do, and consistency. Collaboration with users about what they want to see is another good way to do things.

GooGoo

Jan 20, 2021
It may be an opinion but the users opinion is what makes the hotel how can you claim to have a successful hotel if the users say it sucks or no one plays doesn’t make much sense. Same as any other game it needs to be popular to be successful.
+ People flock to what they consider would be good investment of their time just like how many hotels are open and no one plays. I guess if you want to open a hotel to play by yourself you can call it a success but to others it’s what’s called a “flop”

Liam

one day at a time
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
Liam with the salt once again LOL.
In my opinion, a good hotel should have a decent economy, things to do, and consistency. Collaboration with users about what they want to see is another good way to do things.
There is a clear difference between being salty and stating facts.

I have nothing to be salty about. I don't own a hotel.

This is my personal opinion. If you can't handle criticism, you shouldn't own a hotel.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
You're correct. The users are ultimately what defines a hotel. We can argue over features, economy, community and everything else but a hotel is pointless if nobody is online to enjoy it.

Liam

one day at a time
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
There are two sides.

Some users do this just to personally attack the owner.

If it's constructive criticism, then yes, the users' opinions matter and should be taken seriously.

Zodiak

recovering crack addict
Nov 18, 2011
Developers have always charged money and nothing has changed. In the old days, you could buy Phoenix with no source for $25 a month or Butterfly for 4 figures and no updates.

I'm pretty sure Uber was for profit, got leaked and same for Roys other "releases" like Snowlight. Every CMS you listed had major exploits for years that took a toll on the community as well lol

The only difference is hotel owners have gotten drastically lazier and feel like technical stuff isn't apart of their role. The community has far more quality emulators, cms', clients and more available and Nitro makes everything so much easier.

A simple solution is to learn coding if you can't pay for it. Every developer in this scene once was an owner that knew nothing but cared enough about their hotel they learned programming

Not everybody is interested in coding, in an actual tech company do you think most of the higher ups know anything about servers or programs? Nobody has gotten lazier, they just don't have to do as much because it's been handed to them. Most of us had to learn to do it ourselves because our only options were uber with all of its glorious security vulnerabilities and a copy of phoenix cracked or on license. I don't understand the money driven obsession with the new wave of "developers" in this community, if you're looking for money then go get a job at an actual tech/web dev company, start as a junior and work your way up or something. There's no good money in Habbo unless you're running a huge scale hotel. This is and was always a hobby.

I think the biggest issue with this community when it comes to actual developers is that no matter what you do, people will try to shut you down, it's been like that for a while now. No idea is a bad idea and no code is bad code, if it works then it works, everything is fixable. I think most people who want to get into developing in this community are probably scared of being shit on by the "more experienced" (self-proclaimed btw) developers, because every time I see a question or something being released, it's always followed by some egotistical dickhead who thinks they're better than the rest.

OT:
What makes a hotel successful is longevity in my opinion, if you can provide a service whether good or bad as long as it's consistent and doesn't shut down or go down for maintenance every other minute, you're successful.

Users who are viewing this thread