How would you describe a successful hotel?

Feb 1, 2014
Everything you ever said was a complete fabrication and you spent months begging me to work for free on your failure of a startup.

Stop acting like you're above it all and a great expert, I enjoyed your designs for many years but you're seriously delusional if you think you can code at any capacity.

Righto, I never begged you for free work. I've always offered a percentage and I stuck to my word because you're simply not a strong enough asset to the company to get a higher one. That's why you got angry and blocked me. That's OK, everyone has things going on in their life and I hope you overcome your ego and traumas.

If you don't think I can code then OK, it's useless to me. If someone has something constructive to say then I'll listen to the devil myself if need be.

I'm not going to let my balls hang to impress you.

Last edited:

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Righto, I never begged you for free work. I've always offered a percentage and I stuck to my word because you simply you're a strong enough asset to the company to get a higher one. That's why you got angry and blocked me. That's OK, everyone has things going on in their life and I hope you overcome your ego and traumas.

If you don't think I can code then OK, it's useless to me. If someone has something constructive to say then I'll listen to the devil myself if need be.

As I said, good luck. I'm not going to let my balls hang to impress you.
A percent of 0 is still 0.

Zodiak

recovering crack addict
Nov 18, 2011
Everything you ever said was a complete fabrication and you spent months begging me to work for free on your failure of a startup.

Stop acting like you're above it all and a great expert, I enjoyed your designs for many years but you're seriously delusional if you think you can code at any capacity.
Write a line of code without 9 frameworks and then you can shit on people.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Write a line of code without 9 frameworks and then you can shit on people.
Did that at 9

PS; React is a library. Nest is a single framework.

What emulator have you made? CMS? Are they always edits of other peoples work?

Feb 1, 2014
Did that at 9 to 13.
You hear that, he wants to use 9 to 13 different frameworks to scale a Habbo private development server website that typically has 10-25 users on at a time. Certainly no extreme overhead or resources used that are out of scope. We should of listened to him a long time ago, genius.

Seriously though, not going to respond now. Enjoy your discussion.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
You hear that, he wants to use 9 to 13 different frameworks to scale a Habbo private development server website that typically has 10-25 users on at a time. Certainly no extreme overhead or resources used that are out of scope. We should of listened to him a long time ago, genius.

Seriously though, not going to respond now. Enjoy your discussion.
Sounds like your Call of Duty project that didn't have enough users to complete single team match

Only took you since 2015 to achieve that.

GooGoo

Jan 20, 2021
can you share code before you post next time. otherwise you're another person who can't code and watches from the sidelines
Why would I need to do that because you posted yours that no one wants to use? Kind of sad how you are behaving after claiming so much I’m just saying now shorty. You want to go off topic and bash some other people when you do the same.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Why would I need to do that because you posted yours that no one wants to use? Kind of sad how you are behaving after claiming so much I’m just saying now shorty. You want to go off topic and bash some other people when you do the same.
I've worked on hotels with nearly a thousand online in my time here, the things I release are just for education. Unfortunately, the community is highly unteachable as the new generation is lazy.

GooGoo

Jan 20, 2021
I've worked on hotels with nearly a thousand online in my time here, the things I release are just for education. Unfortunately, the community is highly unteachable as the new generation is lazy.
I mean the problem I see if you act like you own the place. This is a community for everyone who cares if they don’t finish as long as they aren’t deceiving people for ill intentions. Everyone has different skill sets not everyone can or wants to code like you. Just because you code a certain way doesn’t make it the best way. Just because you finished a project doesn’t mean it’s the best one.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I mean the problem I see if you act like you own the place. This is a community for everyone who cares if they don’t finish as long as they aren’t deceiving people for ill intentions. Everyone has different skill sets not everyone can or wants to code like you. Just because you code a certain way doesn’t make it the best way. Just because you finished a project doesn’t mean it’s the best one.
It's an assumption based on a single conversation without knowing context or history.

Feel free to code something, make a hotel and try your best.

GooGoo

Jan 20, 2021
It's an assumption based on a single conversation without knowing context or history.

Feel free to code something, make a hotel and try your best.
I’ll feel free when I want to not because someone is telling me to and if I make or have made a hotel it was to gain knowledge and create not to make money off people and I always try my best at everything I do :).

There’s always going to be someone bigger better and smarter.

Last edited:

xLinkest

Jul 18, 2023
Not everybody is interested in coding, in an actual tech company do you think most of the higher ups know anything about servers or programs? Nobody has gotten lazier, they just don't have to do as much because it's been handed to them. Most of us had to learn to do it ourselves because our only options were uber with all of its glorious security vulnerabilities and a copy of phoenix cracked or on license. I don't understand the money driven obsession with the new wave of "developers" in this community, if you're looking for money then go get a job at an actual tech/web dev company, start as a junior and work your way up or something. There's no good money in Habbo unless you're running a huge scale hotel. This is and was always a hobby.

I think the biggest issue with this community when it comes to actual developers is that no matter what you do, people will try to shut you down, it's been like that for a while now. No idea is a bad idea and no code is bad code, if it works then it works, everything is fixable. I think most people who want to get into developing in this community are probably scared of being shit on by the "more experienced" (self-proclaimed btw) developers, because every time I see a question or something being released, it's always followed by some egotistical dickhead who thinks they're better than the rest.
You hit this on target! Means something from a developer that actually contributes and doesn't go around criticizing everyone else work or project on a forum.

Just as @GooGoo stated the community is now filled with developers who want the amount you'd pay for a full-on website from scratch if you were to reach out to someone on Fiverr for a basic business/company website, for a simple Arcturus Morningstar plugin which they then provide to you CLOSED-SOURCE so you wouldn't even be able to further advance it or make any changes to it unless you go through them which they will eventually charge you to make any changes to a plugin they would've never thought about creating or developing if it wasn't for your original idea. They'll take that plugin make minor tweaks to it and call it a "V2" and up the price to it... Great stuff.

People like Meth0d, Kryptos, Sledmore, and maybe just a few others helped keep the community well-alive with their releases. Most of the stuff used during the peak of retros (when TheHabbos.org was a thing) are either based off PlusEMU (by Tweeney) - [Plus was based off Phoenix], they were many RevCMS skins people contributed and made on their own, and uberCMS/uberEMU was definitely another go-to for retro owners for awhile before Phoenix/GoldTree came around. These were major releases that were shared for free that kept the retro community going.

Roper

Ancient Member
Jul 4, 2010
Developers have always charged money and nothing has changed. In the old days, you could buy Phoenix with no source for $25 a month or Butterfly for 4 figures and no updates.

I'm pretty sure Uber was for profit, got leaked and same for Roys other "releases" like Snowlight. Every CMS you listed had major exploits for years that took a toll on the community as well lol

The only difference is hotel owners have gotten drastically lazier and feel like technical stuff isn't apart of their role. The community has far more quality emulators, cms', clients and more available and Nitro makes everything so much easier.

A simple solution is to learn coding if you can't pay for it. Every developer in this scene once was an owner that knew nothing but cared enough about their hotel they learned programming
I remember when I first joined the scene I paid for a phoenix license, thats going back a while. Brought back many memories.

Snowlight was originally meant to be 'uberPro' from what I remember before it was leaked.

Anyway back to the subject...

In my opinion, what makes a habbo retro successful, is a steady user base throughout all times of the day, not just late nights but a constant flow of online users. This combined with a winning staff team that know what they're doing as well as a good emulator / client base all go hand in hand too. Add in a dash of innovation, passion and creativity and I think you're on to a winner!

Users who are viewing this thread