How to set up a retro in 2023 (IIS) (Nitro HTML5) - (Part 2)

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
Hello i have a problem before the start of the CMS :
You have the solution ?
Yes, contact your domain provider as it says, or setup nameserver as described in part one for cloudflare

Shayn

Mar 17, 2019
Hello, when you say "Save the file and search for your domain name in your browser." are you talking about the link we bought? (domain name) or localhost? because localhost I have the CMS but not the NDD

MisterDeen

Jan 1, 2021
Hi i have been trying for a while now but i cant seem to get the converter to work when i run it starts doing his job but he never saves the files to the output folder

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
Hi i have been trying for a while now but i cant seem to get the converter to work when i run it starts doing his job but he never saves the files to the output folder
Hey, yes i noticed this with the latest version of the converter, which is a few days old. Try to look inside the converter folder, there should be a new folder containing all your assets. simply move them from there to folder u originally wanted and adjust them accordingly - It's annoying iknow :/

MisterDeen

Jan 1, 2021
Hey, yes i noticed this with the latest version of the converter, which is a few days old. Try to look inside the converter folder, there should be a new folder containing all your assets. simply move them from there to folder u originally wanted and adjust them accordingly - It's annoying iknow :/
Thanks this was it i already finished part 3 but i now get an connection error andthis error in the console.log
vendor.075e2dbf38ec0a3c.js:103 WebSocket connection to 'wss://nitro.xxx.nl:2096/' failed

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
Thanks this was it i already finished part 3 but i now get an connection error andthis error in the console.log
vendor.075e2dbf38ec0a3c.js:103 WebSocket connection to 'wss://nitro.xxx.nl:2096/' failed
Seems like you cant connect to your websockets. Make sure u carefully follow part 3 and that you have created a page rule in cloudflare

MisterDeen

Jan 1, 2021
Seems like you cant connect to your websockets. Make sure u carefully follow part 3 and that you have created a page rule in cloudflare
i did check it but it is correct and i did the check the firewall as well but i cant see anything worng

Edit
I also just noticed when MS is offline it takes about 30 seconds before i get the connection error and when MS is online i get it instandly

Edit after reinstalling everything it worked

Last edited:

Beast92

Feb 14, 2022
Something wrong with Nitro Converter, it didn't convert the entire Poster cwf set to .nitro
How come? I really would like an update to this.
You must be registered for see images attach

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
Something wrong with Nitro Converter, it didn't convert the entire Poster cwf set to .nitro
How come? I really would like an update to this.
You must be registered for see images attach
nothing related to the tutorial its issues with in the converter or you simply miss the swfs it tries to convert, you can just continue with the tutorial

Beast92

Feb 14, 2022
I did it and have my hotel, but there are lots of .nitro files missing. for example the posters on the wall are all black. I have the CWF files because I followed you brilliant tutorial 1:1 but the nitro converter just didn't convert the posters and other stuff to .nitro files as you can see in the screenshot I provided earlier. Any idea why??

pettylexx

Apr 17, 2022
I'm trying to connect site to internet information service. and the ok button is not letting me click it.

paahn

Apr 25, 2022
Step two:
To make Cosmic CMS able to communicate with our database, we'll have to set the correct credentials, and to do that, open the .ENV file located in the root of the Cosmic folder, and fill in your database credentials as well as the correct database name.

Hey Object, I get the same Error as @TheRealJayhorn but can't fix it... Already edited the .env File in multiple different ways but nothing seems to work... Do you guys know any fix or can give me a template how it has to look? I followed every other step until there.

Fatal error: Uncaught Pecee\Pixie\Exceptions\ConnectionException: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Cosmic\vendor\pecee\pixie\src\Pecee\Pixie\Exception.php:79 Stack trace: #0

Edit: Fixed it finally. Opened the Users folder on the left in DBeaver and changed my password once again. Maybe the other one had too crazy characters or was too long, I don't know. Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
The series has been updated to use Atom CMS ( ) and Nitro v2

Spooned

Oct 27, 2018
Hello,

I seem to be having this issue where it says invalid SWF when converting to assets.

I do have a sreenshot that can show you, is this normal?

I have followed the steps exactly as you explained, but yet this still happened.

Noticed you covered this with someone after reading the replies fully. Apologies, I'll continue on.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
Kind of late to the party but, it seems you've missed the house keeper setup haha.
Yea I was rewriting the entire tutorial but i only got through part one and halfway through part 2 the housekeeping explanation was mean to be after that 😅 it'll come eventually

Gallus

Dec 3, 2022
Yea I was rewriting the entire tutorial but i only got through part one and halfway through part 2 the housekeeping explanation was mean to be after that 😅 it'll come eventually
Haha! Not a problem!

You've done an absolutely amazing thing with the series regardless!

I've not set up a retro in many years, and I've always wanted a modern one, so this has been a huge help.

Users who are viewing this thread