Help

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
nah, hostnine
Ah, I had the same problem, but mine was 1and1. Finally I called support, spent an hour on that, very frustrated, and ended with, "I'm under 18, can't do anything to me, GG *Hang up phone*"

I no longer have a problem :)

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
Your Probably best not charging back hostnine due to its $50 Chargeback Fee.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7. CHARGEBACKS, REVERSALS, AND RETRIEVALS
7.1. If HostNine receives a chargeback or payment dispute from a credit card company, bank, or Paypal, your Services may be suspended without notice. A $50 chargeback fee (issued to recoup mandatory fees passed on to HostNine by the credit card company), plus any outstanding balances accrued as a result of the chargeback(s), must be paid in full before service is restored. Instead of issuing a chargeback, please contact HostNine's billing team to address any billing issues.

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
before the service is restored - i dont want to even use their hosting, i never authorised the transaction so i have full rights to request a refund on pp or through my bank
How long ago was the payment issued

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
Do the following steps;

1) Login to your PayPal and go to the transaction listing from where they charged you.
2) At the top of the transaction, there will be the transaction number as a link.
3) Click the link and then somewhere in the middle there should be a place saying you're subscribed.

Quick Link:

Just don't unsubscribe to anything you have services with, otherwise it might mess up your current products/services.

PS: I found this out because Centova was charging me when I no longer had services with them, months later.

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
holy shit thanks a lot i just found out another service which wouldve charged me like $50 and i havent used it for like a year
shared it to a friend and he had like 10 services he didnt want, pp needs to make this more visable

still fucked off with the company tho, i did click cancel subscription and ended all services with them, they had no right to charge me

Yeah, I didn't know about this until Centova told me when I ended up submitting a ticket for charging me twice after not being with them for 3 months. I even had my services cancelled and marked "Automatic Payment" as disabled.

Evilsmoothie

Mad kung-fu artist
Feb 11, 2013
Your Probably best not charging back hostnine due to its $50 Chargeback Fee.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7. CHARGEBACKS, REVERSALS, AND RETRIEVALS
7.1. If HostNine receives a chargeback or payment dispute from a credit card company, bank, or Paypal, your Services may be suspended without notice. A $50 chargeback fee (issued to recoup mandatory fees passed on to HostNine by the credit card company), plus any outstanding balances accrued as a result of the chargeback(s), must be paid in full before service is restored. Instead of issuing a chargeback, please contact HostNine's billing team to address any billing issues.
That gotta be a pile of horseshit. If you go get a chargeback at your bank, paypal will take some good money from that hosting to deal with the chargeback. They have no fucking right to take 50$ from your for chargebacking after you've ended your service. Absolute bullshit. How can they still be running with such an ass-policy?

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
That gotta be a pile of horseshit. If you go get a chargeback at your bank, paypal will take some good money from that hosting to deal with the chargeback. They have no fucking right to take 50$ from your for chargebacking after you've ended your service. Absolute bullshit. How can they still be running with such an ass-policy?
"I agree to the terms of service"

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
I did have one, but like 4 months ago I cancelled the subscription and closed my account but I got charged for it today and it was unauthorised because I had already cancelled the subscription. Must've been a problem with the host, probably a roll back or some shit.
if you cancel the subscription paypal would not charge you. it would come in as an invoice.

oh well, continue jumping from host to host

Evilsmoothie

Mad kung-fu artist
Feb 11, 2013
8.4. If you pay HostNine via PayPal, it is your responsibility to cancel any subscription for recurring PayPal payments. HostNine (which has no control over PayPal subscription payments) is not responsible for payments made from your PayPal account after cancellation and is under no obligation to refund such payments made after cancellation.
Dude, if you had an active subscription.. This is all your fault, bro. The only reason you won that dispute/charge back is because they cannot prove it was infact authorized.

Users who are viewing this thread