[HELP] News Implementation

wolf788

Jan 12, 2011
Hey everyone! So, obviously I have a CMS for my r63b retro. Yes, the news works perfectly fine, that's not what I need help with. I need help with adding the news onto another website.

For example:
My retro that already has the news working is called:
exampleretro.com

I want to be able to put the news on a website called:
examplemailretro.net

How would I be able to do it? They both have websites, ill take screenies and list them above next to each example url. I will also copy and paste the code for displaying the news as is:

PHP:
  <div class="habblet-container news-promo">       
                            <div class="cbb clearfix notitle ">
                                <div id="newspromo">
                                    <div id="topstories">

<div class="topstory" style="background-image: url({url}/r63b/game/images/Top_Story_Images/{newsIMG-1})">
                                            <h4>Latest news</h4>
                                            <h3><a href="{url}/index.php?url=news&id={newsID-1}">{newsTitle-1}</a></h3>
                                            <p class="summary">
                                                {newsCaption-1}
                                            </p>
                                            <p>
                                                <a href="{url}/index.php?url=news&id={newsID-1}">Read more &raquo;</a>
                                            </p>
                                        </div>
                                        <div class="topstory" style="background-image: url({url}/r63b/game/images/Top_Story_Images/{newsIMG-2}); display: none">
                                            <h4>Latest news</h4>
                                            <h3><a href="{url}/index.php?url=news&id={newsID-2}">{newsTitle-2}</a></h3>
                                            <p class="summary">
                                                {newsCaption-2}
                                            </p>
                                            <p>
                                                <a href="{url}/index.php?url=news&id={newsID-2}">Read more &raquo;</a>
                                            </p>
                                        </div>
                                                <div id="topstories-nav" style="display: none"><a href="#" class="prev">&laquo; Previous</a><span>1</span> / 2<a href="#" class="next">Next &raquo;</a></div>

</div>         
                                    </ul>
                                </div>
                                <script type="text/javascript">
                                    document.observe("dom:loaded", function() { NewsPromo.init(); });
                                </script>
                            </div>
                        </div>

Thanks!

wolf788

Jan 12, 2011
Jay, eventhough I don't know how to do it.. I'm not mentally retarded. It is possible, have you ever heard of SQL and PHP grabbing data through sql retrieval? Below look:

Code:
$SQLServer = "Server IP"
$SQLDBName = "DB Name"
$SqlQuery = "select * from table WHERE line = 'data'"

Then after the above code you grab whatever the hell you need. So you, are, wrong :)

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Yeah but your trying to externally reach another website information... Unless in your database you allowed the connection that might work but no promises, but you would have to code it all to externally connect just to get the news.

Users who are viewing this thread