[HELP] New Microphone not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
Hey,
Well yeah...
The other day I bought a new microphone because the built in mic on my laptop is absolutely shit. And it arrived today...
It's brand new, and was sealed - I plugged it into my laptop and it's just not picking up. I don't mean that it's not picking up sound, I mean the device isn't registering onto my laptop. Do you know why?

My laptop is an Advent model running on Windows 7.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Picked this up in the shoutbox:
: it's nothing to do with the microphone, it's my laptop - It's not picking up anything lately :S

Try to update all your drivers & check if you need to do Windows updates (a lot of people forget to do that, including me).

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
Right click on the speaker icon, recording devices, and see if it's there, if it is, make it default (if it's not already default)

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
Picked this up in the shoutbox:
: it's nothing to do with the microphone, it's my laptop - It's not picking up anything lately :S

Try to update all your drivers & check if you need to do Windows updates (a lot of people forget to do that, including me).
Haha, thanks.
I thought of that earlier, doing it now.
That's not worked? :( Do you have any other suggestions?
Right click on the speaker icon, recording devices, and see if it's there, if it is, make it default (if it's not already default)
It's not there. :S It's not picking my microphone up at all.

Issue resolved - There was a microphone replica created somehow.
Moderator please close the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread