[HELP] Cms ''holes'' [HELP]

EXODEXPE

May 18, 2014
Hi there.

I have finally managed to get everything right on my hotel and just when i'm about to get members and get big, hackers come along and destroy it for me. I dont understand why people do such a things on innocent people? Could it be jealousy? Anyways, the things they are doing is that they take themselves into the hotel and they are all of a sudden admins and gives our points/credits to users and changes their motto. I know how to fix this but what i dont understand is how they can do that? A friend of mine told me the CMS had ''holes'' in it, i have no idea what that means and I would really be thankful if somebody could tell me about it and what I can do to prevent it or fix it. And when there is no holes, does that mean that it is secure and that nobody can hack it in that way anymore? Please someone answer

Wickd

The first member of the Knights of the Pink Table
Jan 15, 2013
RevCMS is quite well protected,it could be that your skin has exploits but i doubt that.I think they have your VPS or Database accsess.RevCMS is safe!

EXODEXPE

May 18, 2014
Hmm do you have any idea of what I can do? Im this close to just give up everything but that would be wrong because then they would win. I know who the hackers are, a guy that helped me setting one of my first retros up a month a go or something and now mine is growing bigger than his and he is doing this to me.. I know it is him because i got his ip and the hotel is hosted on that ip..

Wickd

The first member of the Knights of the Pink Table
Jan 15, 2013
Change your pass again,dont let anyone on your VPS.Don't trust anyone.Link me to your hotel i'll search for "holes".If thats alright with you?

Users who are viewing this thread