FindRetros 3.0 Feedback

Liam

Fly and mighty
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
Voting once every 24 hours (1AM when votes restart).

EDIT: Like the old one if that makes more sense.

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
Voting once every 24 hours (1AM when votes restart).

EDIT: Like the old one if that makes more sense.
I personally think the current new voting system is perfect. This allows users to vote every 24 hours (one per day), instead of getting triggered to vote twice if they visit an hour before vote reset, and then again after an hour after reset.

Small

pinkmangroup
Aug 7, 2017
Can you hide websites without a banner until they upload one, to reduce clutter? Right now the website is a clusterfuck of blank sites and it looks ugly

Rebel

Spilling the tea, can't you read?🍵
Dec 24, 2015
Can you hide websites without a banner until they upload one, to reduce clutter? Right now the website is a clusterfuck of blank sites and it looks ugly
Agreed to many pages, makes it harder for retros that are active to be seen. Because nine times outta ten the ones without a banner already are just spam pages, or ones that aren't active anymore. So it would make more sense to make them hidden until a banner is uploaded to save the pages from loading unnecessary blank banners.

@bigdawg it won't let me change my Banner image on page, but I can change it on other ones.

yoyok

Apr 24, 2013
Looks now much better then before!

I suggest to make a online counter on the website.
So everyone can see if it's worth it to place their website on the list.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Looks now much better then before!

I suggest to make a online counter on the website.
So everyone can see if it's worth it to place their website on the list.
With such an thought behind doing so new hotels will never get off the ground and only the few active ones will have a chance. The fact a page is on the top with votes already says a lot.

yoyok

Apr 24, 2013
With such an thought behind doing so new hotels will never get off the ground and only the few active ones will have a chance. The fact a page is on the top with votes already says a lot.
I mean a online counter (overall statistics) that you can see how many visitors are online on findretros.com website.

Kak

Posting Freak
Apr 21, 2017
Told you to post it here in a civilised (!) way. Removed unnecessary parts from your comment.
It is harder to find active retros when it shows literally every single findretros ad of past hotels that are no longer around. There are literally like 50 pages which makes looking for retros a pain. The old findretros was more simple and better.

Last edited by a moderator:

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
It is harder to find active retros when it shows literally every single findretros ad of past hotels that are no longer around. There are literally like 50 pages which makes looking for retros a pain. The old findretros was more simple and better.
That's simply not true. There are currently 5,029 servers in the database, of which 182 are ranked. There's also 19 pages, not "over 50". In order to be ranked, you must either have at least one vote day, or have registered in the past seven days. Could that use some tweaking? Maybe. But it's not much different from how it used to work. The only thing that makes it easier to add your server is that your not required to have a banner.

Clif

Jan 13, 2016
They have rea''y messed up the voting system, I now have to vote like everytime I sign in, in a matter of am hour.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
They have rea''y messed up the voting system, I now have to vote like everytime I sign in, in a matter of am hour.
Nothing has changed that would require you to vote more often. It sounds like you have a dynamic IP, and you're visiting a server that doesn't set a cookie after you've voted to prevent that from happening.

Clif

Jan 13, 2016
Nah, I sign-out of the, website, then I sign back in, and it makes me vote again!

Hmm, Who own's find retros?

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Nah, I sign-out of the, website, then I sign back in, and it makes me vote again!

Hmm, Who own's find retros?
Checked your IP history here, doesn't seem that you have a dynamic IP. Sounds more like the server you're visiting isn't even checking if you've voted, and are instead just redirecting you to the voting page? When you're redirected after you've already voted, what happens? Does it let you vote again, or does it say you've already voted?

Clif

Jan 13, 2016
Checked your IP history here, doesn't seem that you have a dynamic IP. Sounds more like the server you're visiting isn't even checking if you've voted, and are instead just redirecting you to the voting page? When you're redirected after you've already voted, what happens? Does it let you vote again, or does it say you've already voted?
Yes, It makes me re-vote and it forces me too,

Genial

Backend Developer
Jul 29, 2017
bigdawg some people use load balance servers witch uses more than one IP too balance traffic. That is why people can vote twice.

Users who are viewing this thread