DevBest -> ReverseBox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
It wouldn't because the exact same users from DevBest will know about it therefore it'll be just as well known. That's basically saying when 'Force hotel' changed the 'Xen Hotel' that Xen failed because it didn't get any users..
You're not understanding my points.
I understand yours, but you clearly don't understand mine. Lol

Airz

Sep 11, 2010
That's nothing like that at all? That's a retro, they suck.

It's the same concept just as Dwight was talking about Facebook, Facebook isn't exactly a forums, we're just talking about the same concept.

Find

Posting Freak
Jun 21, 2012
IMO changing the name won't lose your current users, but the forum may seem less appealing to users who wouldn't potentially join if the name was something that doesn't appeal to them. DevBest gained it's users because it was clearly going to be a development forum which is what the users wanted, and so they came and they stayed here.

With ReverseBox I don't think it's a name that really stands out as a gaming/development forum which would attract a lot of newer users.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
I'd like to see this change. At the moment DevBest is widely used for Habbo support. Let's be honest here, most of our active members can't be bothered with it anymore. It's time we upgrade the community and this is a great idea for doing so.
Also, I don't get why people are bitching about the name change. Open your head up to the concepts Josh and Craig have provided about FaceBook. Saying people would leave because a name changed is crazy. If you're so used to typing in DevBest.com it's fine, you'd be redirected to the new domain.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
You had me at line 4, word 11. <3

Just don't make me have to start typing in reversebox.com, I only type d into URL bar to get here. Least amount of work is best amount of work.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
Been reading through the comments and I am completely on board, I think it's a great idea. I wasn't as on board with the gamersbug but I've had a change of heart recently.

I think that not only will it make DevBest a better community but it will definitely increase our user count.

Despite being a Habbo moderator on the forums I'm slowly leaving Habbo as it is not as appealing as before and I do agree that aiming for a more mature user base would be ideal and this idea hopefully could do that!

I reckon people would get used to it though and I am sure lots of people would enjoy writing articles and stuff.

Reactions: NSA

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
After reading every reply to this thread I've actually thought to myself what are you actually trying to say ReverseBox would be nothing like ***** apart from a main site with the forums breaking off what will not have any effect on the community whats so ever.

After many years of putting up with Habbo and Minecraft (I have to admit) I think it's time to move on, the dedicated members here at Devbest have no interest in MMORPG where they have grown out of it all and taken an interest in "gaming" and "development" like myself. To be apart of moderating Devbest has been a great deal of fun specially with the Habbo but it's time to move away from it. Opposing to whats been said I'm sure Josh would add a little section for Habbo to take place so we're not wiping it completely off the boards. We have a lot of dedicated members here and we have nothing to offer apart from some shit gaming sections and a general section what every forums have.

ReverseBox maybe a rubbish name and unappealing what you've all said but really I thought that about Devbest and it grew on me like ReverseBox will do for you all. On behalf of the staff we hope you agree to the changes and help us help you all by starting new "schemes" and "discussions" for all our members to take part in without guests having the full piece.

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
Personally I find the idea great. I'd love to see it happen, as I too believe it would be for the greater good for DevBest.

Although, I am as many others not fond of the name. I never hated the name "DevBest", and never will. Reversebox however, just doesn't cut it (in my opinion).
I'd like to see a competition for good names instead. As I'm not creative, I can't really say anything more than that, and wouldn't be capable of joining into a competition like that.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Personally I find the idea great. I'd love to see it happen, as I too believe it would be for the greater good for DevBest.

Although, I am as many others not fond of the name. I never hated the name "DevBest", and never will. Reversebox however, just doesn't cut it (in my opinion).
I'd like to see a competition for good names instead. As I'm not creative, I can't really say anything more than that, and wouldn't be capable of joining into a competition like that.

In all honesty you've been a loyal member to us, so I can see you joining us what ever move we make. 70% of members don't like the name. Apart from the name the idea is the most aim.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
The name wouldn't really matter, above all if you say DevBest everyone will know where you are talking about. If you prefer to type Devbest.com as the URL, I'm sure it will redirect. So the name isn't a important part of the change. You like DevBest because you are used to it, but Im sure new members will like the name.

jerison

Jul 23, 2012
I don't like the re-naming. Although I think this idea is great. Just I like the name how it is.

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
I like the idea. Yes, I play Habbo, and I develop for retro servers, but the community here is strong. I don't think the community would 'break-up' (as such) because of a name change and moving away from 'Habbo Hotel'. But yes, you would lose the users who come for Habbo, and then leave again, as Habbo would have a less dominant role at DevBest/ReverseBox.

I think the expansion would be great, and the community would grow as a whole, as for the name change, I agree also. I've always seen on the PayPal pages when buying a sub, the e-mail is 'payments@reversebox.com', and to be honest, I like the name. (Is there a meaning behind it or?)

I like the idea. Plus on an added note, I don't go on any sites beginning with 'r', so it'll be fine, no work in typing the whole domain out. (But then I hope DevBest would re-direct also?)

Hope this goes ahead.

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
i hate forum.reversebox.com
But reversebox.com/forums doesn't seem bad. Great idea, maybe make a new rank as in publishers for the Wordpress part of it to fill the main screen.

CallumL

Started from the bottom, now the all team here.
Nov 14, 2010
I like the idea in general, I'm just not keen on the name. Possibly let people give their suggestions and let people vote on it?

Baevus

the names ethan
Nov 4, 2012
I agree, The names basicly focused on development.
But I agree with not changing the name, We are all use to Devbest. Its what we joined, Not reverse box.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
I have to admit this news is a bit of a surprise, but I think it's the right thing to do. I like the idea of doing the news site and I think having an existing community will help.

Although, I think you should get rid of the MMORPG sections. It may not be the smartest decision but a serious site like ReverseBox shouldn't have those kind of sections.

If you'd like I'd totally write again, I think it'd be a lot of fun.

K4TRIN4

Posting Freak
Jul 24, 2012
I dont like this idea tbh, i think devbest is a great name and is well known most people generally like it as they know they can come here if they are stuck with habbo retro things if you were to completly take that away you would loose alot of users.

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
The majority of the population of this forum are people who're here for mainly the Habbo section, no doubt about that. So getting rid of that topic entirely will drive that majority of people away from this community and onto a trashy community, also known as RZ. Not to mention, the Minecraft section is also in use somewhat, but not as much as the Habbo section. If the administrators dislike Habbo but love Minecraft, why keep what they like and not what others like? We've already got a good user base right now, why ruin it by getting rid of all sections and starting over? That's my opinion about that.

As far as having content and what-not, that'd be really cool. Especially along the lines of IGN where there's topics about upcoming (MMO)RPG games or even console games. But like Craig stated, it'd need to be up to Josh and whoever else to keep things up-to-date rather than just letting it be itself. I really enjoy looking for more games and without peoples opinions, reviews, and trailers - I don't think I'd ever settle for one. Even if people want to have open discussions about a specific game, they can easily just come to the forum and talk about it. So yes, this would be cool.

I see why this idea has been thought of, honestly. It seems like the only new users are here for the Habbo section or MineCraft section, or whatever other sections are mainly populated. Plain forums are kind of bland if you only have people on for the shoutbox or 2 sections (for example). If you just keep it like this, it'll just bring a few members here and there, and no one really different. I personally think having more content would bring a wide variety of people, rather than just people who're interested in 1 or 1 games.

Those are just my personal thoughts. :)

Baevus

the names ethan
Nov 4, 2012
Well getting rid of habbo, Is like, taking a chapter from a book.
You can't finish it (User count dropping).
Risk loosing Habbotards (like half of devbest).
Or keep devbest, keep your strong community.

NSA

sudo apt-get thefuckout.tar.gz
Dec 9, 2011
Well getting rid of habbo, Is like, taking a chapter from a book.
You can't finish it (User count dropping).
Risk loosing Habbotards (like half of devbest).
Or keep devbest, keep your strong community.

Adding more to the forums whilst replacing old ones would encourage others to join.
In the long run they'd have more users than they do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread