DevBest -> ReverseBox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
I couldn't help to notice that some people actually think we will loose members when we change over. Well to be honest I couldn't care less mainly because Habbo users are not dedicated members at all they come on the forums and get help after they receive help they advertise there hotel then leaving with billions of spam reports behind them so excuse some of us if we don't care.

As for dedicated members such as and so on (many more couldn't fit you all in a reply) approve of this change along with the staff team then I don't see why not. Gaming and Technology would maybe reduce "guests" but we sure will get "members" from it.

Xyro

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2011
It's an alright idea, I guess, but yeah we do loose a bit of originality to be honest. I hardly see any forums like Devbest on the net, and to be honest the only reason I joined Devbest is to meet creative people like you guys in the community and to revamp my coding knowledge. We would probably be able to rake in a few more users due to the expansion of our sections and what we talk about, but soon enough the MMORPG could soon fade out our development side of the forum.

jerison

Jul 23, 2012
I couldn't help to notice that some people actually think we will loose members when we change over. Well to be honest I couldn't care less mainly because Habbo users are not dedicated members at all they come on the forums and get help after they receive help they advertise there hotel then leaving with billions of spam reports behind them so excuse some of us if we don't care.

As for dedicated members such as and so on (many more couldn't fit you all in a reply) approve of this change along with the staff team then I don't see why not. Gaming and Technology would maybe reduce "guests" but we sure will get "members" from it.
This is true, although what about the dedicated members that also like to use the habbo forum. I think if you were to take that away you would loose ALOT of members. Not to mention how there is a shit ton of competition for gaming forums.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
This is true, although what about the dedicated members that also like to use the habbo forum. I think if you were to take that away you would loose ALOT of members. Not to mention how there is a shit ton of competition for gaming forums.

There aren't that many "dedicated" users that are here for the habbo section anyways. Also, they're not saying that the habbo section will go. Just gradually move down in the forums to make space for new categories etc.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
There aren't that many "dedicated" users that are here for the habbo section anyways. Also, they're not saying that the habbo section will go. Just gradually move down in the forums to make space for new categories etc.

Thanks for clearing that up for

This is true, although what about the dedicated members that also like to use the habbo forum.

In my time using the forums there are no more than 10 active members who use it. Minus the moderators.

Bleep

PHP - HTML - CSS - JAVA ✔
Oct 19, 2012
There are many dedicated users that use the Habbo section, there's no point in doing anything to the Habbo section; it's fine how it is. You're not loosing anything by keeping it so why loose it?

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
There are many dedicated users that use the Habbo section, there's no point in doing anything to the Habbo section; it's fine how it is. You're not loosing anything by keeping it so why loose it?

I think you didn't read all the comments, even when it was stated by a lot of people a lot of times: the Habbo section will NOT get deleted.

If it isn't clear enough for people:
The Habbo Section will not get deleted.

Bleep

PHP - HTML - CSS - JAVA ✔
Oct 19, 2012
I think you didn't read all the comments, even when it was stated by a lot of people a lot of times: the Habbo section will NOT get deleted.

If it isn't clear enough for people:
The Habbo Section will not get deleted.
I never said anything about it being deleted, I said 'doing anything to the Habbo section'

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I never said anything about it being deleted, I said 'doing anything to the Habbo section'
Comes down to the same thing, because they wouldn't add anything, they wouldn't change the names, and what has been said, nothing is going to be deleted.

Andeh

the best cis-boy
Jun 1, 2010
Personally I think it's a great idea. It will most likely take the community to the next level. And to those saying ***** already did it, they weren't the first to have a blog along with a forum.

SidhranDilwapee

Mar 5, 2013
It's an excellent idea. I like the forum but let's be honest it attracts children and that is not good for anyone. It will be good for the forum to grow and all in all it will make the community a better place.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
I've read this and noticed a concern about Josh being lazy with the site, and it'd end up like DevBest (e.g 3 months later results posted). Have you considered maybe this is because Josh is bored with DevBest? He's lost interest in Habbo, and most members treat this like a Habbo forum. If he were to make this upgrade, he'd obviously be more interested to what he's doing (since he's considering it). This would mean he'd be updating regularly.

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
Adding more to the forums whilst replacing old ones would encourage others to join.
In the long run they'd have more users than they do now.
Not hardly....Most people just sit around with there friends and not ever touch a site like Devbest or Reversebox. Everybody isn't a developer and those who are and go on sites like this usually started in Habbo. Now if it was a focused on one thing like Gaming COD fans would stampede the forums. Habbo started Devbest and Habbo will be here to the end I say!

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Seriously can nobody grasp the fact
EVERYTHING WILL STILL BE HERE
with some more sections.
Habbo/other sections will not be removed, its position on the forums homepage will be lower than what it is now giving new/less used sections more of a chance.

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
I've been thinking about this for the past couple of days, and I thought I'd get your opinions.

Basically, I want to rename DevBest to Reverse Box - I have a few reasons behind this. The main one being that the name "Reverse Box" isn't very specific, whereas DevBest is specifically related to development. I'd also like the forums to be more focused on general topics like gaming and technology, as oppose to development, and more specifically (MMO)RPG developments.

If we were to change from "devbest.com" to "reversebox.com", the home would be a WordPress site, with a bunch of news related to gaming, technology, sexy girls, interesting videos, etc. If anyone remembers LulzFeed, basically that. The forums would reside at "forums.reversebox.com", and would be basically the same as they are now, with maybe more gaming sections, a revamped technology section, and less focus on things like Habbo.

Anyways, these are just thoughts and I'd like to hear your opinions.

I don't really like the fact that we would go to Reverse Box. DevBest mostly focus on the main topic of this forum which is Development and the name is what makes it stand out as far as I can see. Also I would like for there to be a Old Archives section for this because if we are starting to try and lose the focus of Habbo we should do something like what RZ did. I honestly think the forum should stay how it is. Also where you said "with a bunch of news related to gaming, technology, sexy girls, interesting videos, etc" I would doubt that people that are like 10 years old and below watching this would be looking at "sexy girls" and would be looking through that for a long time which would lead to their parents catching them and then we all know what happens they get whooped or something. I would want to prevent that from happening.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
I don't really like the fact that we would go to Reverse Box. DevBest mostly focus on the main topic of this forum which is Development
Have you been to the development section lately? It's nearly dead! Development isn't a topic well seen in DevBest (Ironically). It's not spoken of often either.

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
I think this is a great idea, I actually browse over to ReverseBox.com about 4 times a week to check if Josh has added anything to it, lol. This is a step to making DevBest better, and should be done.

This idea has the Teso Stamp of Approval. ;)

Sabo

Kaboom!
Jul 3, 2010
I love the idea of changing the name to ReverseBox because as many in this thread have stated before, it would offer a greater variety of content and it will no longer be "just" a development forum. I think that by going forward with this change the community would only expand and so would the content.

Straya

Straya Cunt
Mar 23, 2013
ReverseBox sounds great. If devbest moves to ReverseBoxnthe forums could change forever, good or bad
wise. The new blog thing on devbest looks messy and abit everywhere. If ReverseBox happens, be prepared.

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
Have you been to the development section lately? It's nearly dead! Development isn't a topic well seen in DevBest (Ironically). It's not spoken of often either.

I would like for there to be a Old Archives section for this because if we are starting to try and lose the focus of Development we should do something like what RZ did. I don't like the name ReverseBox... I also have a question... what happened to gamersbug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread