[Devbest Exclusive Series] [Ep. 2] How to create a online R36B Habbo Retro using a VPS and IIS

yxasmin

May 23, 2020
Go in kvm in the portal from vps provider and probably turn your vps on lol.

Firewall could be too high to block rdc connections.

I'm using vpsserver so i'm not sure how to do that? Also I'm using windows 10 and tried turning firewall off and still nothing :(

Reks

May 28, 2020
How to create a R36B Habbo Retro using a VPS and IIS

Please note before starting this: if you currently own a Habbo Retro on a VPS using XAMPP I highly suggest you use this tutorial to migrate from XAMPP as XAMPP is simply for development purposes only. The migration isn't hard at all - just close Apachi and MySQL from XAMPP and then follow this tutorial. Transfer your htdocs folder content to your wwwroot folder in which I navigate to throughout the tutorial. Apologies if I have some sentence mess ups throughout the tutorial, this was done at 2 AM just before my VPS expired so I had to get it done now or never.

Download links:
Download for everything except game folder:
Game folder download:

Recommended VPS hosts:

(Has 7 day free trial)

Recommended Domain registrars:

(free domain)

Other links:

Special thank you to:
@smh - Helping me learn most of what I know today
@Sledmore - For his Emulator
@BrainCMS - For his CMS
@JMG - For helping me on multiple occasions
and finally @Wess for once again giving me help.​
Is there an ep 3?

colecbb

Jun 2, 2020
Hey, I have an error when I attempt to launch the client.

It's the 76% glitch - but all my ports are open and the files are identical to the tutorial :

The emulator error is :

18:24:43 - [ERROR] Exception:
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
at Plus.HabboHotel.Rooms.RoomData.Fill(DataRow Row) in C:\Users\Sledmore\Desktop\PlusEMU\HabboHotel\Rooms\RoomData.cs:line 87
at Plus.HabboHotel.Rooms.RoomManager.FetchRoomData(Int32 RoomId, DataRow dRow) in C:\Users\Sledmore\Desktop\PlusEMU\HabboHotel\Rooms\RoomManager.cs:line 400
at Plus.HabboHotel.Users.UserData.UserDataFactory.GetUserData(String SessionTicket, Byte& errorCode) in C:\Users\Sledmore\Desktop\PlusEMU\HabboHotel\Users\UserData\UserDataFactory.cs:line 158
at Plus.HabboHotel.GameClients.GameClient.TryAuthenticate(String AuthTicket) in C:\Users\Sledmore\Desktop\PlusEMU\HabboHotel\GameClients\GameClient.cs:line 100

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
konghotel.ga is not a registered domain
i get that when i am trying to add it to cloudflare
Very unrelated to this tutorial but have you bought/registered the domain name?
Post automatically merged:

If you have. Wait until the DNS updates for you to add it. I do recommend a domain that’s purchased though. They’re $1-$10 per year.

kirroy

Jul 7, 2020
@SentimentalX First of all, thanks for this. This was the easiest tut to follow, but I got a smidge stuck. The CMS is up an everything but when I load the client, it's stuck at 76%; I am running the emu and I've set the firewall settings. I'm not sure what else to do?

Edit: I fixed it, had some fixes to make in variables files.
Hii,

So what did you fix? Having the same problem now

much thanks!

Jerd

Apr 15, 2020
Hii,

So what did you fix? Having the same problem now

much thanks!

I was having this same issue, and loading was stuck at 76%. At first I wasn't connecting my domain, and seeing if it just worked on localhost. Then I thought that maybe the client needed a different address and that it was possibly stuck in a loop, so I connected the domain and everything. Now I am getting a black screen with a blue bar in the middle that seems like it would be the little square image for the loading screen.

Not sure what is wrong, as it seems that all my files are set up correctly.

If you happen to figure this out, let me know. We can discord if you want to collaborate and try to fix this bug.

kirroy

Jul 7, 2020
Got it all working, for the first time. Really good tutorial. Thanks!

I was having this same issue, and loading was stuck at 76%. At first I wasn't connecting my domain, and seeing if it just worked on localhost. Then I thought that maybe the client needed a different address and that it was possibly stuck in a loop, so I connected the domain and everything. Now I am getting a black screen with a blue bar in the middle that seems like it would be the little square image for the loading screen.

Not sure what is wrong, as it seems that all my files are set up correctly.

If you happen to figure this out, let me know. We can discord if you want to collaborate and try to fix this bug.

It was making me crazy, but got it fixed! I'm running from a server in home. Localhost worked fine, but the moment I was switching to domein.. nothing.

Solution: I've forgotten to set the 3306, 30000 and 30001 ports open in my modem/router. Stupid.

Everything if working perfectly now. I've followed the tutorial to every detail. Hope this will help you to.

Jerd

Apr 15, 2020
Got it all working, for the first time. Really good tutorial. Thanks!

It was making me crazy, but got it fixed! I'm running from a server in home. Localhost worked fine, but the moment I was switching to domein.. nothing.

Solution: I've forgotten to set the 3306, 30000 and 30001 ports open in my modem/router. Stupid.

Everything if working perfectly now. I've followed the tutorial to every detail. Hope this will help you to.

So you didn't have to do anything to the swf files themselves, or the habbo.swf? I have followed the tutorial as well and I cannot figure out why I am stuck at 76%. I have the firewall and everything setup accordingly to the tut.

kirroy

Jul 7, 2020
So you didn't have to do anything to the swf files themselves, or the habbo.swf? I have followed the tutorial as well and I cannot figure out why I am stuck at 76%. I have the firewall and everything setup accordingly to the tut.

I'm not sure about this, but: I guess if the swf works on localhost you have the right one. All the problems surrounding this issue seem to have to do with ports and firewalls. Somehow it is not possible to reach your emulator from outside I think. What is your setup?

Jerd

Apr 15, 2020
I'm not sure about this, but: I guess if the swf works on localhost you have the right one. All the problems surrounding this issue seem to have to do with ports and firewalls. Somehow it is not possible to reach your emulator from outside I think. What is your setup?

I've been experimenting with multiple vps, win 2012, win 2016, and linux servers. This particular setup was tried on a win 2016, which could possibly be the issue? I'll try this on 2012 and see what happens. Also, using AWS for hosting, not sure if they have specific firewalls outside of your vps? idk, but I'll keep chugging along til something works I guess lol.

kirroy

Jul 7, 2020
I've been experimenting with multiple vps, win 2012, win 2016, and linux servers. This particular setup was tried on a win 2016, which could possibly be the issue? I'll try this on 2012 and see what happens. Also, using AWS for hosting, not sure if they have specific firewalls outside of your vps? idk, but I'll keep chugging along til something works I guess lol.

Honestly, I don't have enough knowledge to say something wise about that. I'm using win2012 R2 on a dedicated server at home. I had to do some port trickery in win2012 and in the router. I guess these ports are not standard, and may not be open on aws. I've only had a little experience with running server from home.

Maybe this is something?

Or maybe a pro can jump in?

Jerd

Apr 15, 2020
Honestly, I don't have enough knowledge to say something wise about that. I'm using win2012 R2 on a dedicated server at home. I had to do some port trickery in win2012 and in the router. I guess these ports are not standard, and may not be open on aws. I've only had a little experience with running server from home.

Maybe this is something?

Or maybe a pro can jump in?

Yes, it was the AWS firewall, after all, so for anybody using AWS, open the ports on your windows firewall, and your AWS firewall on the VPS dashboard.

Cheers

BeetjeMark

Jul 16, 2020
Great tutorial, although there is one thing not working for me. I do see my figure in hotelview but not in rooms, what could it be?
You must be registered for see images attach

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Great tutorial, although there is one thing not working for me. I do see my figure in hotelview but not in rooms, what could it be?
You must be registered for see images attach
This has been posted 100's of times. You need to change the clock settings in your VPS/Computer as the decimal point is a "," and it should be a "."

xthoros

Apr 11, 2020
Where can you setup the HouseKeeping Code?

How To fix this?
And how do i update my catalog?

Attachments

• bandicam 2020-07-20 05-08-49-142.jpg
    bandicam 2020-07-20 05-08-49-142.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread