ALM

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
It was probably taken down to stop the things that's happened in the thread. Not sure why it was taken down though, simply locking the thread would of done the job.

It's easy to scroll past the ALM release for me, even though I know it's stupid. I'm not going to say peoples opinions are wrong, just make sure you've got the whole story before you comment on it :up:

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
yeah we have freedom of speech but that still doesnt mean "alm" isnt racist

if one house was burning and you sent the firemen to that house, you wouldn't send the firemen to all the houses because its only that house burning LOL this is the only post i'm going to make because arguing with racist people is like playing chess with a pigeon, they fly and knock the pieces down, shit on the chess board and walk around the board like they've won
"All Lives Matter" is not racist. Lookup the definition of racist. Stop being stupid. That doesn't even fit the definition of racist. You just want it to be.

Ya'll would say White Lives Matter is racist too. Smfh.

Laynester

a bad bitch
Nov 7, 2018
the statement all lives matter isn’t technically racist, but the fact that y’all use it as an argument to BLM makes it clear that you don’t care about black lives.. point blank periodt..
Post automatically merged:

Im sick of that saying. All debates about BLM always uses the house burning down remark. Listen I aint a advocate for either BLM or ALM. I simply made a ROOM AD because someone said '' Wheres White Lives Matter '' so I made ALM? Imagine what people would have said if I used WLM instead of ALM.

Its pathetic, As @Blasteh said himself. No-one apart from the select number of racists are saying Black Lives Dont Matter. Its becoming beyond insane that a PIXEL GRAPHIC is the center of this argument its beyond pathetic actually.

Im honestly thinking of taking the piss and creating the following:

Yellow Lives Matter
Asian Lives Matter
African Lives Matter
Disabled Lives Matter

Because you're all insane for saying All Lives Matter is racist or offensive. And before any of you say that the house burning down is a great point. Yes it is. But we're not fucking real estate.
red lives too 🙂 aka native american

Last edited:

Parsov

May 18, 2016
the statement all lives matter isn’t technically racist, but the fact that y’all use it as an argument to BLM makes it clear that you don’t care about black lives.. point blank periodt..
Post automatically merged:

red lives too 🙂 aka native american
In this case this was only a room ad. So it has nothing to do with arguing against BLM. However some people decided to take it in as something racist which I don't see this Room ad targeting any race. As it simply says "All Lives Matter" which they do.

The reason why there is an argument is because they decided to remove ALM but keep BLM. That's bias it means All Lives don't matter but Black Lives do.
And I find that quite racist.

CosmoPeak

PeakRP.com
May 15, 2016
In this case this was only a room ad. So it has nothing to do with arguing against BLM. However some people decided to take it in as something racist which I don't see this Room ad targeting any race. As it simply says "All Lives Matter" which they do.

The reason why there is an argument is because they decided to remove ALM but keep BLM. That's bias it means All Lives don't matter but Black Lives do.
And I find that quite racist.
if you haven't been keeping up with what's going on in the world, ALM is a trope used by people who are anti-BLM and 99% of the people throwing the term around are racists

Parsov

May 18, 2016
if you haven't been keeping up with what's going on in the world, ALM is a trope used by people who are anti-BLM and 99% of the people throwing the term around are racists
What the hell is an Anti-BLM. If you are talking about the organization it's been mentioned that it was not done to stand against the organization (BLM).
Also this is exactly what the problem is. Just because a few people said it to stand against something doesn't mean everyone uses it for the same reason.

The same way you assume this it's the same way racist white people assume things about Black people. It depends on the situation. In this situation that Room Ad was quite innocent I would say. It's the way people misunderstand it. And personally I think it's your problem if you misunderstand everything.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
Who ever said we were ever Anti Black Lives? You just made another stupid assumption. Holy. Fucking. Liberal.

Berk

berkibap#4233
Developer
Oct 17, 2015
ALL Lives Matter includes Black lives too, if you're excluding black people from this, isnt it called racism??

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
So much is wrong with this, and I don't even know where to begin.

Black Lives Matter is an organization that of the 3 co-founders, 2 of them are self declared Trained Marxists. This group was created upon good principles - supporting a group of individuals who are often intended, or unintended, targets of racial profiling. They stood for speaking up in the community and empowering the community to be better.

The problem is, as they got more and more popular their ideologies and what their goals were have shifted drastically. They have called for dismantling the system, redistributing wealth, defunding the police. Drastic changes are going to have an unspeakable amount of negative consequences.

1) I see nothing wrong with having both of the graphics shared on this forum. One that expresses Black Lives Matter and one that expresses All Lives Matter

2) 'All Lives Matter' doesn't matter until 'Black Lives Matter'. Do I believe that the group's intentions are helping, or they are correct? No. Creating a street mural or painting a road doesn't solve problems and it's a giant publicity stunt that just pisses people off more. Do I believe that the group has the right to express their opinions? Absolutely. But without this group, we wouldn't have the concept of 'All Lives Matter' because nobody cared until someone spoke up.

3) 'All Lives Matter' should not have been removed. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, beliefs, etc. and I am sure people would have used that graphic. The largest problem facing us today, and moving into the future, is going to be CENSORSHIP. When you have platforms that can remove items they don't agree with and can remove it by saying "We have not independently verified" you have just created a platform that will spread a single ideology.

If you are going to remove All Lives Matter, you need to remove the Black Lives Matter, because both groups have the same rights to their opinions, whether you agree with them or not.

Laporte

Dec 1, 2020
@JayCustom I think you have the most logical answer and obviously know your shit or have researched very well.

Only problem I have is if Devbest staff read through this thread (Which they have or are doing) and see the '' They should remove the BLM thread'' along the already taken down ALM it'll cause a bigger problem. Purely because of the bias of Devbest as a whole. In my eyes this whole Thread argument we're all having is become bigger than just a simple Habbo Room AD.. Its become about Racism, bigotry and even bigger BIAS. I dont know if this was found out long before and is just now coming back to light or we've found a new reason to hate Devbest.

In the past week ive seen alot of hate thrown the staff and higher ups way. Purely cause the people that fun Devbest dont give a fuck anymore.

The problem has become bigger. We're passed the solution of just taking down the BLM Thread.

Laporte

Dec 1, 2020
Okay this is fr my last post on this thread

When I was like 13 I wasnt against the saying "all lives matter" because technically, all lives DO matter but its overshadowing the fact that people still discriminate against BME. The black lives matter slogan should have a "too" at the end so ignorant people can understand the meaning behind BLM.

like for example if you were at work and someone very close to you died which you then go on tell your boss about and you want some days off. Imagine your boss going "people die everyday" and telling you to get back to work lol
I mean you must be 14 cause the All Lives Matter & Black Lives Matter has only become relevant over the last year..

But no please dont make this your last post cause 1. You're making this thread popular due to your posts 2. I find your response and all responses funny to reply to due to the stupidity.

Parsov

May 18, 2016
Okay this is fr my last post on this thread

When I was like 13 I wasnt against the saying "all lives matter" because technically, all lives DO matter but its overshadowing the fact that people still discriminate against BME. The black lives matter slogan should have a "too" at the end so ignorant people can understand the meaning behind BLM.

like for example if you were at work and someone very close to you died which you then go on tell your boss about and you want some days off. Imagine your boss going "people die everyday" and telling you to get back to work lol

Another thing I wanted to add to this whole thing is that aren't we all equal? So technically all of us matter. But it seems as if the people who are supporting "BLM" in this argument are trying to exclude BLM from ALM. That just kills the whole "we're all equal" thing because clearly what you are doing is excluding black people and even in this case making them a higher priority than everyone else.
Because when we say "All Lives Matter" we literally mean all of them do. It's not "White Lives Matter". If it were that then it would be me promoting the white's and excluding them from the rest. Which then would probably be the most racist thing that anyone would do. But then as soon as someone decides to do it with black people it's not racist but a good thing? How is that equality?

Anyway I support that Black people actually decided to stand up for themselves. It's good what they are doing. But I would rather not have small things like this censored. Because it kills the whole western image that says everyone is free. Literally nowadays you can't even express yourself without having plenty of butthurt people trying to shit on you.

What people like you are doing is turning the world into North Korea. It's the same way you would say something funny about the president and then get shot for it.
Anyway of course these forums have policies and I respect them however you can choose to ignore what people say they have the right to express their own opinion and if you feel offended you have the right to ignore them unless they actually do anything to you which is basically an offence.

Users who are viewing this thread