ALM

Laporte

Dec 1, 2020
Im not one to tag staff so I wont. Ill let the whole of Devbest decide.

As most of the habbo retro community probably know, I posted a Room AD for the game Habbo on the /Habbo Graphics side of Devbest. It was up for a week and had multiple comments good and bad. Its just recently as of 5 minutes ago been removed. Im not even sure how to ask so I created this thread for some feedback on why it was taken down..

My guess is its too political or considered racist? But why take over a week to be deleted? My second guess is some snowflakes reported it because it hurt their tiny ego's. Dont get me mixed with being salty here im aware its only a pixel graphic that could take anyone under 10 minutes to create. But im upset that its been censored and im unsure why?? Its a big talking point its covered everyday by the news! Everyone has an opinion on it, why cant it be debated on. Not to mention my BLM Graphic thread is still up? Too me this is purely biased censorship.

( Im pretty sure that post was the most interacted thread on here in the past week so thats another reason why im confused... )

For all those interested here are the links to both BLM & ALM Graphic threads
BLM:
ALM:

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
It's clear to see that DevBest is ran by liberal clowns who only allow their views and beliefs, even in a Habbo community. My comment will probably get deleted but, that's fine. Freedom of speech is being censored by media. I never thought I'd see it on DevBest. There is a big difference between freedom of speech and hate speech, this is freedom of speech.

You're not racist for standing for equality rather than standing for superiority. I have a black background dating YEARS back and have friends that have a more sophisticated black background than me and they even go against the narrative of the BLM organization. It's not about making sure black lives matter. Do your research. My friends love the term black lives matter, as do I, but hate the BLM organization because it has given nothing back to the black communities. If they removed an ALM, but only allow BLM, I don't think we're the racist ones.

I have been called racist over the internet for standing for equality, without the person even seeing me, which is pretty ironic. I'm not one hundred percent black at all, I'm more white than black. I love my heritage an background though. When I mention my background, they call me a disgrace to the black community because it doesn't fit their narrative. Keep in mind, it's usually white female teenagers telling me this. If you can say black lives matter, I can say White lives matter, Asian lives matter, Hispanic lives matter and you should NOT be triggered. I 100% stand for black peoples rights, as that would be pretty hypocritical of me. I never once said a racial slur towards someone of color, as that would be pretty hypocritical of me.

I don't agree with burning buildings, looting innocent peoples businesses and homes nor standing for someone being superior. What about looting of POC's businesses? No one (around me) has ever stated black lives didn't matter but we are being manipulated to believe white people are to blame for everything. It's not a white person's fault that myself, my mother, my father or even you did not go to higher education to better yourself.

Educate yourself before you just slap the racism card and act like a typical idiot who fails to educate themselves on a matter because it's not the same view. A lot of black people stand for equality and will tell you the BLM organization doesn't stand for equality. The black lives matter saying however, I love it. I love all lives matter as well. Is that racist too?

Parsov

May 18, 2016
cus its racist
I mean removing the ALM post but keeping the other one is not racist?
He is kind of right. If they don't want things like this to be debated about then they would remove both. Rather than removing one and keeping the other.

CosmoPeak

PeakRP.com
May 15, 2016
I mean removing the ALM post but keeping the other one is not racist?
He is kind of right. If they don't want things like this to be debated about then they would remove both. Rather than removing one and keeping the other.
BLM isnt racist

Haid

Dec 20, 2011
My second guess is some snowflakes reported it because it hurt their tiny ego's.
I reported it and I'm not a snowflake nor do I have a tiny ego (I don't think!) but it was just causing arguments (and the actual image was pretty bad anyway, you rushed it by the looks of it)

To the actual point, no I don't think people who are saying ALM are racist but I think they're missing the point of BLM.

This is a good article if you actually want to try and understand the movement a bit more

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
I reported it and I'm not a snowflake nor do I have a tiny ego (I don't think!) but it was just causing arguments (and the actual image was pretty bad anyway, you rushed it by the looks of it)

To the actual point, no I don't think people who are saying ALM are racist but I think they're missing the point of BLM.

This is a good article if you actually want to try and understand the movement a bit more
We should probably remove the BLM then if we stand for equality?! Linking a news source on anything controversial is useless as it's biased.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
All lives don't matter until black lives matter

White people are doing just fine...
Who said black lives didn't matter? Oh wait, you mean the minority of racist people we don't claim?

You're literally assuming everyone is racist towards black people. People truly believe this too. That's sad. I assume you also believe POC cannot be racist towards a white person or another ethnicity by the way you're talking.

Parsov

May 18, 2016
All lives don't matter until black lives matter

White people are doing just fine...
I was not only talking about white people.
I could argue that there are some places where white people are not doing as fine as you think.
I'm loving this.

Haid

Dec 20, 2011
We should probably remove the BLM then if we stand for equality?! Linking a news source on anything controversial is useless as it's biased.

Well it's a huge controversial topic obviously but clearly it's worked in getting a lot of people talking about it which is never a bad thing!

Who said black lives didn't matter? Oh wait, you mean the minority of racist people we don't claim?

You're literally assuming everyone is racist towards black people. People truly believe this too. That's sad. I assume you also believe POC cannot be racist towards a white person or another ethnicity by the way you're talking.

One racist is too many, yes of course I think everyone accepts most people aren't racist - that's not the point. The movement also isn't really a campaign against people like me or you or the general public, it's about those in power who are making the rules, handing out punishments and deciding what opportunities people get.

Personally, I think it's hard to understand what it's like if you've not walked that life as a POC and I haven't so I'll have to just trust my own judgement as everyone else can theirs.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
Well it's a huge controversial topic obviously but clearly it's worked in getting a lot of people talking about it which is never a bad thing!

One racist is too many, yes of course I think everyone accepts most people aren't racist - that's not the point. The movement also isn't really a campaign against people like me or you or the general public, it's about those in power who are making the rules, handing out punishments and deciding what opportunities people get.

Personally, I think it's hard to understand what it's like if you've not walked that life as a POC and I haven't so I'll have to just trust my own judgement as everyone else can theirs.
As stated in my long post. I can be considered a POC, not that I consider myself that, if you don't accept that, my mother is. She's never been discriminated against here in Canada. People are trying to be taught to believe the majority of people are against POC - that's just stupid. It's not a bad thing to talk about at all, I completely agree.

wolfie

Dec 7, 2020
Lets be honest here people the only reason it was taken down was due to pressure from liberal douchebags its fine looking for and supporting social justice but this was a ROOM AD not a political statement its well documented that retros are dying so any support from creators is helpful he created the BLM ad first then was requested to make ALM in no way has anything that has been posted been racist or offensive BLM is a movement with pure intentions but has been hijacked by social warriors who are only concerned with looking woke.

wolfie

Dec 7, 2020
I've only just joined and the first thing i read about is how the staff basically got bullied into taking down a post they are meant to be an unbiased objective party but it seems all it takes is a bit of peer pressure and they crumble, laughing stock is too nice of a term if they cant be fair and objective how are people meant to trust they can share their opinion without being wrongly attacked and vindicated? we are living in a society that condones the suppression of creative expression they would rather we all become like sheep avoiding the uncomfortable or slightly controversial subjects and tow the company line forums like this should be a space where free speech and creative process should be unhindered but instead they are bowing down to people who have probably never felt struggle in their entire lives.

Laporte

Dec 1, 2020
yeah we have freedom of speech but that still doesnt mean "alm" isnt racist

if one house was burning and you sent the firemen to that house, you wouldn't send the firemen to all the houses because its only that house burning LOL this is the only post i'm going to make because arguing with racist people is like playing chess with a pigeon, they fly and knock the pieces down, shit on the chess board and walk around the board like they've won
Im sick of that saying. All debates about BLM always uses the house burning down remark. Listen I aint a advocate for either BLM or ALM. I simply made a ROOM AD because someone said '' Wheres White Lives Matter '' so I made ALM? Imagine what people would have said if I used WLM instead of ALM.

Its pathetic, As @Blasteh said himself. No-one apart from the select number of racists are saying Black Lives Dont Matter. Its becoming beyond insane that a PIXEL GRAPHIC is the center of this argument its beyond pathetic actually.

Im honestly thinking of taking the piss and creating the following:

Yellow Lives Matter
Asian Lives Matter
African Lives Matter
Disabled Lives Matter

Because you're all insane for saying All Lives Matter is racist or offensive. And before any of you say that the house burning down is a great point. Yes it is. But we're not fucking real estate.

Users who are viewing this thread