Will Habbo completely transfer to mobile devices only?

Parse

Oct 28, 2013
Habbo has expanded by creating a mobile app for iOS users who have iPads. Over time I believe it will be compatible for most mobile devices between Android & Apple. If this were to happen, would the browser client eventually shutdown to the point it would only support mobile devices?

What are your thoughts?

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
Habbo has expanded by creating a mobile app for iOS users who have iPads. Over time I believe it will be compatible for most mobile devices between Android & Apple. If this were to happen, would the browser client eventually shutdown to the point it would only support mobile devices?

What are your thoughts?
Nope. They won't. They have Majority of their users on PC. If they take PC away then Habbo wouldn't be habbo.
Source: Habbo Staff :p

Parse

Oct 28, 2013
The reason I proposed this thread is that mobile technology is becoming much more accessible and used than desktop computers (yes I'm aware a majority of people use home computers) but as the years progress mobile applications are becoming more and more popular.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Wouldn't surprise me if they attempted to launch another new game mobile only, again. But it's doubtful. Their iPad app was supposed to increase users by 300% and hasn't, thus far.

Les

Dec 13, 2011
what a silly question, of coursenot, that would mean they lose 99.9% of there users, people like me dont use mobile devices for habbo, screens to little, they are just expanding there service dude, nothing to worryabout, they been trying this for years now

Jeffrey

FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
what a silly question, of coursenot, that would mean they lose 99.9% of there users, people like me dont use mobile devices for habbo, screens to little, they are just expanding there service dude, nothing to worryabout, they been trying this for years now
Staff said they won't end pc support for this.

Jeffrey

FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
Honestly I feel if they allowed gambling again, a ton of the old users would come back...
One of the Hotel staff last year told me when i asked them this question if they would "end" support for pc and make it only mobile, They said no. It'll be a huge population decrease in all the main hotels Sulake owns. Less population = less money = no habbo

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Habbo is quite rubbish on mobile anyways, and they already lost most of their users when they cut out gambling, and got obsessive with their hotel rules. Honestly, they need to bring back some old aspects of the game, and quit trying to modernize it so much. It's like Call of Duty - modern is bullshit

Revplit

Dec 24, 2015
One of the Hotel staff last year told me when i asked them this question if they would "end" support for pc and make it only mobile, They said no. It'll be a huge population decrease in all the main hotels Sulake owns. Less population = less money = no habbo

yhoofan

Jul 6, 2011
Habbo would never close their doors on Client page. Most likely , they would actually lose a lot of money trying to completely transfer it. If they actually did , another "Aaron" would be selling apps with licenses to allow retros to be completely mobile.

Jan 7, 2016
Most likely they will not seeing that so far Android users are not able to use their app anymore, I just wish they would bring back the app for us android users.

caution3

Dec 26, 2015
Honestly I feel if they allowed gambling again, a ton of the old users would come back...
Gambling is actually illegal to under 18 users (to a certain point.) That is the main reason they removed it. When I get my retro properly running I'll give a specific NO GAMBLING rule.

Proximity

IDK?
Feb 13, 2014
Gambling is actually illegal to under 18 users (to a certain point.) That is the main reason they removed it. When I get my retro properly running I'll give a specific NO GAMBLING rule.

Honestly it's a retro no real money is involved so I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be allowed..

Plus a retro is illegal so why make no gambling rule?

caution3

Dec 26, 2015
M
Honestly it's a retro no real money is involved so I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be allowed..

Plus a retro is illegal so why make no gambling rule?
According to infringement policies, if you don't make money out of another persons creation, it's not fully illegal. According to Australian law

Users who are viewing this thread