Not open for further replies.

Parse

Oct 28, 2013
Uber (role-play edit) Content Management System

• Uber/Snowlight compatible
  • Lightweight, sleek and simple
  • Template plugins
  • Easy to edit, minimal amount of code

This content management system is a compatible version for those who are wanting to administrate a flash based role-playing hotel. This content management system web build is compatible with r63 and Snowlight/Uber emulators. A variety of themes will be provided so a user has a diverse choice of what theme they want.

This has a lot of recoded functions - I have been taking computer science and PHP/AJAX courses the past 8 months which helps me find better way to create functions to be more smooth and quicker. I will agree - I was no where near a "quality" programmer back when I first started Habbo, but now I have a better understanding of better programming - this is more or less a big project for me.

The default theme will be constructed under bootstrap with of course some CSS modifications to fit the CMS in a better format. The screenshots below is not the final product, but is an idea of where I am going - I will make it more "habboish" so do not be confused.

This will be a lengthy project - but I will make time for it as I am still taking these computer courses which I may learn something and might have to return to change code or alter an idea.

I hope those who still have the love for role-play will find this useful - on the side I will be working on the poor old blackbird who got no attention because of how outdated it is and how poorly everything is put together. No offense.

Is this a project from scratch?

I would not necessarily say its a project from scratch - but it may as well be as I have completely deleted 90% of the original uber code and began creating my own, and I have wiped nearly 90% of the database tables and re-created my own in my own way of style.

Will you be providing an emulator?

When will this be released?

A question you never ask a developer - you never know when something is going to be released and after all nothing is a finished project.

What is the name of the project?

I'm not a fan of renames anymore, this is from Uber and so is blackbird so its going to be called "Role-Play Edition) Woohoo!

Got a question? Ask.

YcmFqH33bU90.png

8RiNLcdSbU90.png

Last edited:

Parse

Oct 28, 2013
Some improvements.
  • CSS Modifications
  • News comments are now seen as speech bubbles.
  • Removed loads of un-used CSS templates and PHP pages
  • Fixed problems with news article links all linking to the same article.
  • Began template design on other pages.
  • Imported some more "Habboish" images and styles
  • Fixed some registration bugs.
  • Began work on administrative panel (housekeeping)

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
I wish this was released when I still had my RP very well I love it 10/10

bodge

ayy lmao
Oct 31, 2011
Looks good, good luck with this, once (if) its released I bet it'll be popular :cool:

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Not the best...I honestly change the entire style and use only the php

Parse

Oct 28, 2013
Updates:

• Organized files/folders etc to not be so "sloppy"
  • Fixed some client structured issues (was not even functional)
  • Did some more CSS modifications - new navigation panel
  • Began working on the corporation pages
  • New comments have been fixed up and CSS has been repaired
Continuing to work on this, will have plenty of time this weekend to work as I have nothing going on that I am aware of. Hope some of you are excited for the outcome of this project.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Makes me wonder why Uber if you've rewritten 90% of it. Also have you moved away from mysql_ extension? - If not you should, but good luck.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
The CMS is just right, easy to navigate it's looking really good. I'm glad someone is taking time to create a full working flash RP to the public.

Good luck to this and I'm sure the community will support you in any way.

Parse

Oct 28, 2013
Makes me wonder why Uber if you've rewritten 90% of it. Also have you moved away from mysql_ extension? - If not you should, but good luck.

It still contains some code from Uber so I do not feel the write to rename someone else's work in some aspects. I plan to move to a mysqli_extension in this project.

It's more looking like bootstrap

This is not the final product - it will not look so much like bootstrap in the end.

The CMS is just right, easy to navigate it's looking really good. I'm glad someone is taking time to create a full working flash RP to the public.

Good luck to this and I'm sure the community will support you in any way.

Thank you!

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
It still contains some code from Uber so I do not feel the write to rename someone else's work in some aspects. I plan to move to a mysqli_extension in this project.

I wasn't trying to say 'Why don't you rename it?', I was basically saying why try to... urm 're-invent' UberCMS when you could make something much better? And have the freedom of simply taking advantage of an OOP framework w/ the MySQLi extension then having to update several parts of Uber. Nonetheless good luck.

Parse

Oct 28, 2013
I wasn't trying to say 'Why don't you rename it?', I was basically saying why try to... urm 're-invent' UberCMS when you could make something much better? And have the freedom of simply taking advantage of an OOP framework w/ the MySQLi extension then having to update several parts of Uber. Nonetheless good luck.

I know you weren't sorry if I came out wrong on saying that. It is still a possibility which I may just look into an OOP framework as we were just discussing object-oriented programming in class today. Thank you for the support, I'll keep you updated on what exactly I plan on doing.

Parse

Oct 28, 2013
Few minor updates:

• Subscription page now added for users interested in wasting their money.
  • Updates to the me.php page (additional statistics, KD meter)
  • Fixed some issues with the news display
  • Began working on custom images to fit into news box.
  • Updated the navigation and fixed some URL links.
  • Client is working now, I also have a demo of the game setup on a private server.
  • Users can now apply for stocks and earn money from corporation owner. (working on a new entire system, not 100% sure yet)
bdd456f5ef4757eba974144cecd35fe0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread