[TUT] Making an Image Map Using Gimp (Screenies)

Was this Tut Helpful?, If So, Hit Thanks!

• Yes, I have my own Image Map Now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Not at all

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
[align=center][size=large]Making an image map using Gimp[/size][/align]

[align=center]The Image Map[/align]
The Image Map is an image that is used as a menu by clicking on a field, or preselected area on the image. If you do not use an image editing software (Gimp, Photoshop, ETC.) Creating an image map can be very complicated. So today, Im going to show you how to create an Image Map using GIMP.

If you do not have GIMP, or GNU Image Manipulation Program, Then you can install it .

To Start out, You will need to create an Image To Be used. For this I do NOT suggest using GIMP, but Paint or Paint.NET. Below is an example image.

2ynmr5v.png

Then After that's saved, open gimp and in gimp select "Open" Under "File" when the browse screen comes up, select your file. next it should look like this:
157jfp.png

Now is where it gets more complicated. You will now need to select "Image Map" Under The "Web" Section under "Filters"
140cgtx.png

Next a screen like the one shown below will pop up.
2cqbmmq.png

Then, You will need to use one of the three tools circled to select the field in which will be linked.
30rxkki.png

After you select the field and double click on the final point, you will then be able to type in the link, javascript command, or change the dimensions.
2h740lh.png

Then type in your link.
4roklg.png

after that, click "Apply" and "Ok"
Next, save it.
Then, open it.
o9l1z7.png

The Filename will be imagename.jpg.map
When you open it it will be just a regular HTML Code. Copy and paste that into your document. Make Sure your Document is in the same directory as your image.
28usae1.png

Once You Copy and Paste it should be a successful image map!
If you liked this Jo$h Tut, Click Thanks! Add Below what you need help with or PM me if you have problems!

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
iDream said:
Nice tutorial
I am not a GIMP fan myself though

Im Not a Big fan of Gimp either but the only way for me to get Photoshop is to use torrents or kegan and I dont want to use those. :/

RyanMK

Still alive
May 27, 2010
I like this Tut.

Heres a photoshop the one that I use
Its not a torrent and there is no activation needed.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
Retroa said:
I like this Tut.

Heres a photoshop the one that I use
Its not a torrent and there is no activation needed.

leog504 said:
nice tut Josh

groovybluedog said:
Great tutorial, I hate gimp though :]

Thanks For all of the positive feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread